E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Stage 2+ issues

Yesterday, 02:11 AM   #1
Shadowbelmi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi

Stage 2+ issues

Hi, I have a concern with my car that has been an issue that I don’t know what the cause is. My tune is stage 2+ e30 with all supporting mods (7.5 inch vrsf fmic and arm catless downpipes) I have brand new boost solenoids, along with all new vacuum lines. Walnut blast was just completed as well and vanos solenoids.

It is a 2009 335xi e90 n54

With all of this my car feels faster but not as fast as advertised. I see that a lot of people achieve 350whp+ with less mods but my car is not doing this. While I know virtual dyno are inaccurate but a lot of people have used them and gotten better numbers. According to this log I’m only achieving 315 whp and 370 torque. The numbers are worse on other maps, this is the best so far.

Even on 91 tune I was getting timing corrections running 2.5 gallons e85 and the rest 91 premium.

I have attempted to change a bunch of things including fueling and stage 2+ versions but the results are very similar every time.

Is there anything wrong with this log and also what could be the cause of my car underperforming.

(P.S: my fueling in this one was 8 gallons e85 from maverick/Kum and Go and 4 gallons 91 with 20% on the tank left)

I'm new here so plz no hate
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:13 AM   #2
Shadowbelmi
Registered
Rep

https://datazap.me/u/charbelmi/mhd-s...og=0&data=3-23

Link to the data log
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:25 AM   #3
335i54n
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e39 m5

youre not reaching boost target and have really high wgdc (do you have wg rattle?). look for leaks and try adjusting the wg arms
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:36 AM   #4
Shadowbelmi
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i54n View Post
youre not reaching boost target and have really high wgdc (do you have wg rattle?). look for leaks and try adjusting the wg arms
Yeah my car used to overboost on the other tunes in mhd like stage 1, which is why I changed out a bunch of the parts with boost. Maybe one of the vacuum lines is not in all the way. I will check again. My car doesn't have wg rattle when driving, I've heard it a few times when I start the car but it doesn't really bother me. I did have all the gasket changed on my intake manifold and chargepipe o ring when the walnut blast was completed but none of the parts were OEM. The o ring was boost monkey off amazon, and the intake manifold gaskets brand was URO parts, both of which had good reviews. I noticed that the chargepipe is not sitting flush with the throttle body, would a vacuum leak cause underboosting issues?
Appreciate 0