E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 500ish hp goal - What mods should I do?

Today, 10:39 AM   #1
vmqxdv
Rep
Drives: (will) BMW 335i E92

500ish hp goal - What mods should I do?

As the title said my goal is to do get to or around 500hp and I want it to be as reliable it can be. What mods should I do to make this possible?
I'll need to get a loan to buy the car so I wanted to know everything I need to buy so that I how much should I add to the loan to also get the mods!

Disclaimer: I'm not a mechanic or a tuner and I have only read/view videos about it, I'm asking as a newbie.

The mods I was thinking about was:
  1. VRSF downpipes [link]
  2. ARM inlets [link]
  3. Port injection [link] (I still need to understand it better, any advice is apprecieted)
  4. Pure Twin-turbo [link] (I need more clarification about this and if there are cheaper option that will not blow up)
  5. Air suspension (I did not choose one yet, advice accepted also if it would be better on coil overs)
  6. VRSF 7.5″ Stepped Race Intercooler [link]
  7. VRSF Chargepipe Upgrade [link]
  8. Brake piston & rotors upgrade (same size as stock, did not choose it yet)
  9. M3 rear end & exhaust (Not original, not find it)
Idk if I should upgrade the injectors if the car came with i12, that's why I did not put them on the list, and I also don't know if the fuel pump also need an upgrade.

If I miss anything or there are better quality item lmk!! Thank you in advance!

P.S: I live in Italy
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:32 PM   #2
SlowE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 2007 335i, E60 2008 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmqxdv View Post
As the title said my goal is to do get to or around 500hp and I want it to be as reliable it can be. What mods should I do to make this possible?
I'll need to get a loan to buy the car so I wanted to know everything I need to buy so that I how much should I add to the loan to also get the mods!

Disclaimer: I'm not a mechanic or a tuner and I have only read/view videos about it, I'm asking as a newbie.

The mods I was thinking about was:[LIST=1][*]VRSF downpipes [link][*]ARM inlets [link][*]Port injection [link] (I still need to understand it better, any advice is apprecieted)[*]Pure Twin-turbo [link] (I need more clarification about this and if there are cheaper option that will not blow up)[*]Air suspension (I did not choose one yet, advice accepted also if it would be better on coil overs)[*]VRSF 7.5″ Stepped Race Intercooler [...]
Index 12 is the last revision so you wouldnt be able to upgrade them further. If your goal is 500 whp and for it to be reliable, then youll want fbo+ inlets + fuel pump + hybrid turbos.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:27 PM   #3
lookalikehuuh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmqxdv View Post

The mods I was thinking about was:
  1. VRSF downpipes [link]
  2. ARM inlets [link]
  3. Port injection [link] (I still need to understand it better, any advice is apprecieted)
  4. Pure Twin-turbo [link] (I need more clarification about this and if there are cheaper option that will not blow up)
  5. Air suspension (I did not choose one yet, advice accepted also if it would be better on coil overs)
  6. VRSF 7.5″ Stepped Race Intercooler [link]
  7. VRSF Chargepipe Upgrade [link]
  8. Brake piston & rotors upgrade (same size as stock, did not choose it yet)
  9. M3 rear end & exhaust (Not original, not find it)
Idk if I should upgrade the injectors if the car came with i12, that's why I did not put them on the list, and I also don't know if the fuel pump also need an upgrade.

If I miss anything or there are better quality item lmk!! Thank you in advance!

P.S: I live in Italy
Are you smoking something?

You are taking out a loan to buy a car and modify it pretty heavily and then want it to be reliable at the same time, not only that but doing it on a Banks dime???

#1 335i are not known for their reliability even when fully stock and well taken care of.
#2 the E90 platform is OLD and with as many plastic parts installed on the car many will be failed.
#3 You are assuming you will be getting a perfect specimen of a 335i, most will be far from perfect and likely to require thousands of dollars just to bring the repairs up to proper maintenance standards before starting to modify the car.
#4 you think a bank is going to give you a loan for a car AND the modifications that you are planning to do to their car (because yes its their car until its paid off), which consequently devalues the car, and they will front the costs for that? I really really doubt most if any banks will ever issue you the loan.

Even with the best quality parts once you start pushing the limits on the engines with upgraded Turbos, port injection, and other aftermarket parts there WILL be more issues. You have to realize that even if we give you a price for what the build is now, you will need to have THOUSANDS of dollars in reserves for failures especially if you plan on daily driving this planned car. For example as you push injectors harder (more fuel for longer periods of time) you will need to have $4000 just to do a set of injectors. Another $1500 for the High pressure fuel pump. I assume this is not cash you have readily laying around now since you have to finance an E90.

Anyway, if you can't afford to buy the car, you DEFINITELY can't afford to modify it.
Appreciate 0