E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > EVAP code only when jb4 and mhd set back to stock

Yesterday, 03:05 PM   #1
apexxx6789
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335XI

EVAP code only when jb4 and mhd set back to stock

Prepping for emissions and after setting things back to stock i keep on getting 2A13,DMTL leak diagnosis pump, activation.

Code is never present when tuned. All systems are ready to include evap as long as i dont clear the service engine soon/code for a while. Code comes back every time power is cycled. Why?

I can pass emissions with evap not ready but didnt realize i would fail if code is present. Replaced gas cap and pump last time with no change. WTF
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:37 AM   #2
SlowE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 2007 335i, E60 2008 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexxx6789 View Post
Prepping for emissions and after setting things back to stock i keep on getting 2A13,DMTL leak diagnosis pump, activation.

Code is never present when tuned. All systems are ready to include evap as long as i dont clear the service engine soon/code for a while. Code comes back every time power is cycled. Why?

I can pass emissions with evap not ready but didnt realize i would fail if code is present. Replaced gas cap and pump last time with no change. WTF
Might be a dumb question but have you completed a full drive cycle? Also is the auto code clearing off?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:11 AM   #3
dmckmc
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i E60 (2008)

it could be the DTML pump really is faulty or there is a leak. Many here, including me have had to replace the pump due to failure. I use JB4 with MHD to flash tune.

Last edited by dmckmc; Today at 09:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:36 AM   #4
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmckmc View Post
it could be the DTML pump really is faulty or there is a leak. Many here, including me have had to replace the pump due to failure. I use JB4 with MHD to flash tune.
I have a similar code (small leak), and this is since my swap. Before the swap I had JB4 BEF and no code.

Ive changed to DTML (easy job) still same issue.

I need to do a smoke test at this point.

so common leak point :

- DMTL
- cracked hose in the engine bay due to heat
- cracked fuel tank cover (the one under the rear seats, there's 2 cover)
- evap valve under the hood.

In my case I ''think''' is the plastic line over my rear subframe, i might crack it when I put my subframe back on the car. Worst scenario
Appreciate 0