E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Pure500 turbo, all supporting mods, what tune do i run?

Yesterday, 01:53 PM   #1
mattyfargo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Pure500 turbo, all supporting mods, what tune do i run?

My 2011 e90 n55 has 120k miles. It currently has FBO (5inch intercooler, catless downpipe and muffler delete(Still has secondary cats), aluminum charge pipe, cold air intake, and currently running MHD 2+) Manual transmission

Ive purchased a pure500 turbo, ACL Rod bearings, upgraded coil packs, step 1 colder NGK spark plugs, Stage 1 LPFP from Fuel-It, and a Spool 150 Stage 1 HPFP. I may get a oil catch can, but i've read their not entirely necessary. I am a technician for BMW (almost 2 years experience and 2 years of schooling) and plan on installing them soon.

This is my street car, and of course I must pass my yearly emissions inspection.

I dont have any experience with tuning aside from flashing my car MHD with a tablet, and my biggest concern is figuring out the tuning situation.

My goal is 500whp or around there, and have read that n55 rods can handle that, but I am reinforcing the bearings just to be safe (Never been replaced and still no issues)

How should i get it tuned? Do tuning companys just throw my car on the dyno and use their own platform and ECU to configure boost pressure and A/F ratio? I heard that you can send your logs to MHD and they can make you a custom map? How reliable is that? Can they really just make you a tune without dynoing the car? I live in Massachusetts and am willing to drive just about anywhere to have my car tuned properly after the mods are installed.

I also have stage 2 nostrum injectors that im not sure i want to install. I read they must be tuned for the vehicle, but if I flash it back to stock for my yearly inspection, will the car not run properly with the Stg2 injectors? Will i have to swap the injectors yearly?

That was a lot but let me know if you can answer any of those questions, thanks
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:15 PM   #2
E46driver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 N51 328i

Update this thread I’m interested in pure500 results as well on e9x platform
2009 Alpine White E92 N51 328i Automagic | Premium & Sport Pkg. | Coral Red/Black Dakota Leather Interior | M-Spor | BMW Performance Exhaust | Active Autowerke Headers | BBS CH-R | CPS Front Lip | Performance Front Grills | 888Concepts Custom Headlights (GONE)

2011 Alpine White E90 N55 335i Automagic
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #3
mattyfargo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46driver View Post
Update this thread I’m interested in pure500 results as well on e9x platform
What do you mean update it lol im new here.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:37 AM   #4
minulache
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 F36 & E92 N55 LCI

In the sense that he wants to know the outcome. I am also curious about the results, as I want to do something similar.
Tuner wise, you can contact David Shoup, I heard he is very professional. You can book a dyno day in your area so you can test it also on the dyno
Appreciate 0