E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Please help with two tough problems

Today, 11:23 AM   #1
Quick335XI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi

Please help with two tough problems

Recently moved to a single setup and having two problems that are giving us fits… after doing much research, watching vids etc, not sure what else to try

First first is, occasionally the car was throwing a 2A8D only upon startup. If I cleared the code, it seemed to run fine. Now, I’m getting this code every time I start the car up and I have to clear it. Frustrating

The other issue is, every once in a while under normal driving, the car will immediately start running extremely run and start dying. No codes, nothing if I restart the car, it continues. HOWEVER, if I RE-FLASH the map, any map, that goes away and it starts running normally again and won’t happen for a while.

Here is a list of things I’ve replaced trying to replace these very frustrating issues: new index 12 injectors, new eldor coils, new plugs gapped to .01&

In in the process of ordering a new 3.5 tmap to try and get rid of the first issue. In the first issue I’m also wondering if maybe the watergate actuator is messing up?

I have no other guesses on the second issue.

Anyone else had either of these two issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC_kL3RvFSGv9QmTVt6787gg
Appreciate 0