E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Disabling TPMS on E92

06-04-2021, 03:19 PM   #1
bmorcerf
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I

Disabling TPMS on E92

Hello everyone,

I decided to code out my TPMS on my 2009 335I xDrive and switch to the FTM. I am using the app Pro Tools from BimmerGeeks to do this. So I removed my RDC model near the battery of my car. I then went into the Vehicle Order and removed the 2VB but I could not find the 265 option? I looked under the Base option list but it was nowhere to be found. So a guy from BimmerGeeks support told me just to remove the 2VB option and save/re-code. After that, I re-coded Cluster, ISPB, CCC/CIC, and DSC/ABS modules. Now my car says "FTM System Error" on the IDrive. The guy from BimmerGeeks is no longer helping me and I'm not sure what I should do next.

When I go to reset the FTM it is greyed out and will not let me reset.

I ran the DSC code and got 60AD: DSC Tyre defect indicator initialization implausible.

https://ibb.co/CJhDkpt

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 04:02 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorcerf View Post
Hello everyone,

I decided to code out my TPMS on my 2009 335I xDrive and switch to the FTM. I am using the app Pro Tools from BimmerGeeks to do this. So I removed my RDC model near the battery of my car. I then went into the Vehicle Order and removed the 2VB but I could not find the 265 option? I looked under the Base option list but it was nowhere to be found. So a guy from BimmerGeeks support told me just to remove the 2VB option and save/re-code. After that, I re-coded Cluster, ISPB, CCC/CIC, and DSC/ABS modules. Now my car says "FTM System Error" on the IDrive. The guy from BimmerGeeks is no longer helping me and I'm not sure what I should do next.

When I go to reset the FTM it is greyed out and will not let me reset.

I ran the DSC code and got 60AD: DSC Tyre defect indicator initialization implausible.

https://ibb.co/CJhDkpt

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
You do not need to add $265 after removing 2VB, by default once 2VB is removed, flat tire monitor is activated. What's the last 7 of your vin?

You can always manually go into the modules and make sure the values are correctly changed. I have never manually coded it since I always Vehicle Order code it but I had these in my notes:

CIC: RPA_CIC
aktiv
CIC: RDC
nicht_aktiv
CIC: RDC_SAFETY
nicht_aktiv
KOMBI: RDC_ALIVE
nicht_aktiv
KOMBI: MMI_ENA_RPA_RDC
aktiv
KOMBI: RDC_VERBAUT
nicht_aktiv
KOMBI: DSC_MIT_RPA_CC
aktiv
KOMBI: RDC_DISP_SWITCH
nicht_aktiv
M3DSC: RPA
aktiv
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 06:09 PM   #3
bmorcerf
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
You do not need to add $265 after removing 2VB, by default once 2VB is removed, flat tire monitor is activated. What's the last 7 of your vin?

You can always manually go into the modules and make sure the values are correctly changed. I have never manually coded it since I always Vehicle Order code it but I had these in my notes:

aktiv
nicht_aktiv
nicht_aktiv
nicht_aktiv
aktiv
nicht_aktiv
aktiv
nicht_aktiv
aktiv
The last 7of my VIN is E067536. I tried just about everything and I'm still getting this darn error
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 11:55 AM   #4
LandoT
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorcerf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post

aktiv
nicht_aktiv
nicht_aktiv
nicht_aktiv
aktiv
nicht_aktiv
aktiv
nicht_aktiv
aktiv
The last 7of my VIN is E067536. I tried just about everything and I'm still getting this darn error
Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 10:47 AM   #5
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

LandoT I don't know why those guys were manually entering code anyways. I just removed my TPMS light error yesterday using the Bimmergeeks apps. There was zero issues after unplugging the module in the trunk and disabling it via the app. I'm excited to code other features into the car now like adaptive head lights, key fob, turn signal blink count, etc.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:44 PM   #6
orteeze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 YMB F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoT View Post
Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue.
Any luck? About to attempt this.
2011 BSP 335is- FOR SALE
2018 YMB M3- Current
Appreciate 0