E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335xi AWD system limits...Am I going to far?

Today, 01:35 PM   #23
konstat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripe61 View Post
I have a 2009 BMW 535xi that i just went intercooler + DP + chargepipe on and a stage 2+ on and currently don’t have any transmission tuning, whenever i hit it from anything under 20 the whole car will shake, when DTC is on the limited mode or whatever it doesn’t happen but the transmission will still downshift when i don’t need it to so im going to be getting xHP and seeing if that changes anything. i’m doubtful that xHP will fix the shake but hey who knows

From under 20 mph? What gear are you in when that happens 1st or 2nd? If it’s not a gear issue it could possibly be a torque converter clutch issue. You can try turning off the torque converter clutch which is a custom flash setting in xHP. This will ensure the crankshaft is always engaged with the rest of your drivetrain. You could also throw in some Lubegard, very good transmission additive that I’ve used in my 6HP and other transmissions.

As for the downshift, you can turn off the kick down feature either through MHD or xHP.
Appreciate 0