E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Comfort Access Retrofit Project

Today, 12:59 AM   #595
sono0312
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
The E9x CA module has coding parameters that allow for 4 handles. It is set to two by default.
I think the two TAG bus lines are looped together inside the E9x CA module, along with the line which also connects to the CAS and DDE/DME. They are all labelling BUS_PA on the diagrams.
My E91 is working just fine with 4 x CA handles, all from E9x. Worrying about whether the driver's door unlocks that door only is a bit pointless when installing rear handles as by definition you expect to walk upto the rear door and open it using the CA system, or else you wouldn't bother with rear handles.

I just altered my settings to Driver's door unlock only and the rear comfort handles were basically switched off (possibly passenger front too - I didn't check), the driver's handle unlocked only the driver's door.
This is a bit old thread but the information here is very much useful to me. yes, I also checked 4 handles use the same CAS-Bus (K-Bus) and I also physically checked the those are connected inside the E9x CA. If I get the rear side handles from E7x, Bus ID should not be overlapped each other as I confirmed that IDs can be shown separately in INPA.

However you installed the same front door handles to rear sides and then those have been working properly, right? of cause you changed the coding parameter rear doors activated.
Appreciate 0