E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 500ish hp goal - What mods should I do?

Today, 02:41 AM   #45
suspect
.******.
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
the clutch was original and 100k km, city driven. So adding a tune was too much.

I ve a twin disk now, good up to 740lb.

TT give you low end torque, so yes 500hp is ''conservative'' if all the torque is not drop down at low rpm from a stop. A tuner can adjust boost per RPM.

for the tune I do a mix. I log a lot, look at all parameter avoiding blowing up the engine, when I feel the car is where I want, I check the power on virtualdyno, and then send everything to a tuner that will edit the .bin fine on tunerpro.

I've started to studying and understand tunerpro for a N54, but I dont have enough experience to mess with this.

Increasing power is a good balance between boost pressure and timing.
I'm running 23psi with 8° timing for around 430whp on map 6.

Map 8 I did not finishing it yet, but I'm at 27psi with 7.5° timing + meth. I must be over 500whp for sure, somewhere 600+to the crank.
I have been trying to learn how to tune N54 too. There’s stuff out there like some YouTube tutorials and v8baits excel sheet but it’s difficult to get started.

How long does it take to make a tune good enough to drive the car normally?

Could I ask how many miles you have on your engine and is yours a manual or auto? Those are good numbers.

Last edited by suspect; Today at 06:16 AM..
Appreciate 0