E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 N52 No spark issue(Read)

04-07-2022, 08:41 PM   #1
Gdan2022
Gdan2022
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i E90 N52

E90 N52 No spark issue(Read)

Im new on here so idk if this will get the attention i need. I am also new to the BMW realm. I love the cars but never owned one. I am a mechanic but boy do these things have some differences than what im used to. I just recently bought my 06 E90 with the N52 and the 6 speed manual for $600, yes $600 lol. Was told it needed head gaskets. They were wrong. No compression on two cylinders engine was toast. Purchased a used engine and tore the car completely apart myself. Got everything pulled apart and put back together with the new(used)engine and got it running everything was working great except it had a miss on #2 and #3 replaced all coils and plugs. Bosch coils and ngk plugs. QUICKLY learned that even though Bosch was oem that those coils will not work on this car or these cars period after talking to two shops. It lost ALL spark completely. Took their advice and replaced the Bosch coils with Delphi and it worked and we are back in business. EXCEPT now there is no spark on #1 and #5. All coils have power to the coils like they should. Ground, 12v and the 5v reference. But still no spark from the coils. BUT i can take the coil from #1 and swap it with the #2 coil and it fires on #2 still but #1 still stays dead even with the coil that was just working on #2. Swapped the plugs back and forth as well but still no spark on JUST #1 and #5. Injectors are good, put in a new crank sensor from BMW but still no change either. Good compression and everything just simply no spark at all on 1 and 5. I am LOST. Idk what to do and ive never ran into this. I've diagnosed cars everyday for years and im stumped on this car. Done everything i can think of. But like i said i am no bmw expert at all. I really need some help.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:20 PM   #2
M_axel2001
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 bmw n52

Have you tried checking the mofset of the coils on the dme?
Appreciate 0