E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > M57 - 325d(3.0l) - Car feels disengaged at high rpm, loss of power

Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #1
Ewarfare
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 325d m57

M57 - 325d(3.0l) - Car feels disengaged at high rpm, loss of power

Hello, i have a 2007 - 325d, 3.0 m57 engine, stage 2, downpipe, egr deactivated, soon to be blanked.

Im at a loss for what could be the cause for my problems, firstly i will try my best to explain in detail what my experience driving currently is.

Car starts fine, idles fine at approx 700rpm, no fluctuations at all. (Worth mentioning my car is a manual). When driving, in all gears the car vibrates(only a little) upon moderate/hard load when pressing throttle, after the brief vibration duration the car increases alot(steadily) in rpm, but power/traction does not follow, rpm will stay, after a while(slowly) speed alligns. This is constant, does not go away, so its not something that happens every now and then.

Every gear has this experience at some point, although first gear by far is the least affected. I’ve checkef abs sensors, i’ve replaced brake wear sensors, i’ve cleaned the egr/valve body and intake manifold. I did have a bad abs module/pump, replaced this and coded the new one in. Changed all the glowplugs. Cleaned and reset MAF and MAP sensors.

I also performed clutch wear «tests» with handbrake and stalling etc, i do not think it is the clutch, beeing it handles/experiences way more torque at first gear and up to about 1,7-2k rpm, so if i try to give not slight but moderate throttle increase while cruising 3rd gear 60 approx 2k rpm it vibrates and «disengages» way easier than in first. This makes me almost certaint that its something of an error related to high rpm.

The only error code i get now is 438d - throttle valve actuator

Theories i have on what to do next/check is:
1. the rod on turbo(forgot what its called) to see if it sticks
2. intercooler/boost pipes(might upgrade)
3. blanking egr, although i dont think that would be it
4. return line on turbo
5. o2 sensors, might get new ones, although i dont have codes for them
6. I will upgrade to 550i clutch kit, but was hoping not for that to be the first thing i have to do.
7. maf and map sensors, although adaptations are reset and no codes.

I have a theory, although this is an unexperienced opinion, exhaust from manifold through egr is not used to boost turbo, but gets put through exhaust which causes a dip(boost loss) at high rpm from turbo, due to the rod not adjusting properly to maintain pressure.

Also turbo / boost pipe / egr are all very oily. Smoke from under oil cap, expansion tank smokes, but reads 60-70degrees celsius.

I am not a car mechanic, do have industrial mechanic background, i am familiar with standard tools, this is the car im learning from, so any advice or guesses to help me is greatly appreciated.

(Sorry if some of the tdchnical terms are incorrect in my explanation, from norway, english beeing my second language).

Thanks
Appreciate 0