E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > 2011 N55 335 transmission not engaging

Today, 02:17 PM   #1
Herakles
Captain
Rep
Drives: United States

2011 N55 335 transmission not engaging

Just had my 2011 towed to shop with 100k miles. It’s interesting how this progressed from first signs a year ago. My car only has a mhd s1 and it’s babied I use it as commuter and don’t track it or race it. First noticed some rough shifts from 1-2 and took to bmw they suggested a transition software update noted out of it. After a while noticed the trans would slip and then engage. I stoped driving it till o got it to the shop and inrerestingly it completely stopped going to any gear after I let it sit a few weeks. I asked the shop to do the seals and went with the kit from FCP. I’m torn about spending extra money on solenoids too. Do they typically go bad? Wonder if worth the preventative maintenance.

It’s been a great ride had it since 2015 with 9k miles. I miss it a lot haven’t driven it for a month as the shop was busy. Can’t wait to get it back.
​
Attached Images

Last edited by Herakles; Today at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0