E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What did you do to your car today?

Today, 06:53 PM   #25499
RealJ22
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 CT200h Cayman Boxster RC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Guy View Post
I think 2011 is the nicest-looking year of the E90.Attachment 3580329 Also, even though the upkeep for Black paint is bad, I still think it is one of the best colors for any car. Wish I had the sport front bumper.
I agree. Even in stock form the LCI e90 is a great looking car. I think it aged very well.

I think I am going to switch my mirrors to pre-lci though. I have a spare set and they seem to be more fitting. Not a huge fan of the square style ones.
      Today, 07:02 PM   #25500
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJ22 View Post
I agree. Even in stock form the LCI e90 is a great looking car. I think it aged very well.

I think I am going to switch my mirrors to pre-lci though. I have a spare set and they seem to be more fitting. Not a huge fan of the square style ones.
Agree. I've run into a lot of non-BMW enthusiasts who are surprised to learn the LCI 3-series cars are almost 15 years old.

I like the M3 style mirror caps for the pre-LCI mirrors, but black not carbon.
Appreciate 2
      Today, 07:06 PM   #25501
BMW Guy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2011

Quote:

Huge fan of your Blue E92 335i build. It was so incredible to watch it transform. Once I'm out of college and have a stable job, these are the kinds of builds I want to do.
      Today, 07:06 PM   #25502
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody007 View Post
We’re probably going to be adding yet another BMW to the fleet. Actually re-adding. My dad’s old 330Ci, 2005 convertible. Had the chance to rebuy it, why not? Great first car for the youngest in the family!

I may or may not try to switch with them. God I loved that E46…
Nice! I love those e46 convertibles! I looked at a few of those and even a E36 that I really wanted, but ended up finding an amazing E93 instead. My daughter likes it, but said she'd gladly trade it for a E30 convertible. Sadly the E30s are much more expensive than this E93 335, though the E93 is significantly more powerful!
Appreciate 1
      Today, 07:07 PM   #25503
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

Quote:

I agree. I originally bought a pair of pre-LCI mirrors to install and then I got lucky and found M3 sedan mirrors and love them as they combine the styling I want with visibility.

I actually still have gloss black M3-style covers for pre-LCI if you are looking for that look.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:13 PM   #25504
eljay
Colonel
Rep

So, I went to get my recall done for the blow-by heater.
When I got home, I of course checked under the hood if they put everything back together properly. Of course they didn't!
The tech left the plug for the air quality sensor dangling in the engine bay.
And they make them record a video of the work done. The tech sounded really bored doing it.
He said the car checked out fine. I guess he totally missed the flat tire warning that I didn't reset yet and also the bulb put warning for the LED fogs. Yeah... checked out fine.

Seriously, I have the worst luck finding half-assed jobs 8/10 times when I take my car to a shop.
Appreciate 3
      Today, 07:22 PM   #25505
RealJ22
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 CT200h Cayman Boxster RC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Guy View Post
Huge fan of your Blue E92 335i build. It was so incredible to watch it transform. Once I'm out of college and have a stable job, these are the kinds of builds I want to do.
Thank you. I appreciate it. Once you get one out of your system, it doesnt seem as daunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
I agree. I originally bought a pair of pre-LCI mirrors to install and then I got lucky and found M3 sedan mirrors and love them as they combine the styling I want with visibility.

I actually still have gloss black M3-style covers for pre-LCI if you are looking for that look.
Quote:
When I got home, I of course checked under the hood if they put everything back together properly. Of course they didn't!
And they make them record a video of the work done. The tech sounded really bored doing it.
He said the car checked out fine. I guess he totally missed the flat tire warning that I didn't reset yet and also the bulb put warning for the LED fogs. Yeah... checked out fine.

Seriously, I have the worst luck finding half-assed jobs 8/10 times when I take my car to a shop.
That's why I try to do everything 100% by myself. I'm not going to pass up some free stuff though haha.
      Today, 07:32 PM   #25506
lex2289
Rep
Drives: BMW 325xi

Quote:

they send you a video of them doing it??
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:36 PM   #25507
eljay
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex2289 View Post
they send you a video of them doing it??
It's just the end report. The tech basically walks around the car and shows that they replaced airbag and then showed the DME area that they performed the blow-by heater fuse recall.
Ironically, you can see the wire unplugged in the video.

Last edited by eljay; Today at 07:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
      Today, 08:35 PM   #25508
StradaRedlands
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.45]
2009 BMW 328i Touri ...  [8.00]
2013 BMW X5 35i  [7.80]
2011 BMW 528i  [8.70]
2006 Mazda3  [5.50]
Quote:
It's just the end report. The tech basically walks around the car and shows that they replaced airbag and then showed the DME area that they performed the blow-by heater fuse recall.
Ironically, you can see the wire unplugged in the video.
Yep, checks out...
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:29 PM   #25509
DBShiznit
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i/335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrydr310 View Post
I didn't like the idea of the exposed screen until I saw one up close. The CCC screen behind the clear plastic cover was old display technology, if you accidentally touched it you can see the pixels blur, looked really sensitive and susceptible to damage. My guess is that's why the plastic was added. The CIC screen is much more robust and can handle some bumps... just don't use that dash cutout for storage however. My donor CIC screen had the reflective coating worn off, looked like someone stored their sunglasses on front of the screen. I simply polished the scratched coating off with meguiars plast-x polish and it's fine.

I actually transferred the plastic cover over to the new CIC screen but after a day I ditched it since it's not necessary.
I’m honestly trying to go the plastic cover route. I like it better. I rather scratch the plastic than the screen itself. I’ve looked it up and part number 65829193745 is the early CIC screen with the cover. I’m going to purchase one of these. Everything else that doesn’t have the plastic protector just makes me nervous in buying or owning.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:27 PM   #25510
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBShiznit View Post
I’m honestly trying to go the plastic cover route. I like it better. I rather scratch the plastic than the screen itself. I’ve looked it up and part number 65829193745 is the early CIC screen with the cover. I’m going to purchase one of these. Everything else that doesn’t have the plastic protector just makes me nervous in buying or owning.
You can transfer the plastic cover over from your CCC to CIC. I did that initially.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:37 PM   #25511
3PedalJake
Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StradaRedlands View Post
Would totally be worth it!

Actually, I'd like to do a 3SIM upgrade on the E91, but adding the proper tune seems a bit black arts.
The tune practically adds itself, once you get the manifold installed all you have to do is attach your battery charger and click a few mouse buttons. It's really the best of all upgrades, and there's plenty of support here as you know. Do it!

I'll tell you what *is* black arts, that PDR stuff. I had a dude come to my house and waved a literal wand (lots of them actually) and the dents magically disappeared. Then he spied a half dozen I never even saw and gave me a package deal to do them all. I forget what I paid but it was a couple hundred, far less than a shop.

Last edited by 3PedalJake; Today at 10:42 PM..
Appreciate 0