E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Transmission not shifting past 3rd, engine randomly shuts off

Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #1
E92AlpinewhiteN54
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54

Transmission not shifting past 3rd, engine randomly shuts off

Hello I have a stock 2010 n54, it has around 140k miles. It has been good to me so far up until recently. It started yesterday with the car randomly shutting off out of no where. I started it up again, a long crank and it turned back on. On my way home I got the “engine malfunction, reduced power .” The next morning the car was running fine all day, until tonight. I went to party city and when I was leaving, I got the “transmission malfunction & engine malfunction” the car wouldn’t shift past 3rd gear, or manually when I tried put it into sport mode. The car has been good to me but all of a sudden all these problems started happening out of no where, I haven’t run the codes yet won’t be able to till tomorrow. Does anyone have a clue what it could be ? I’m leaning towards battery issue but I’m not sure. Car has been running sluggish.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:34 PM   #2
Brandoch
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92AlpinewhiteN54 View Post
Hello I have a stock 2010 n54, it has around 140k miles. It has been good to me so far up until recently. It started yesterday with the car randomly shutting off out of no where. I started it up again, a long crank and it turned back on. On my way home I got the “engine malfunction, reduced power .” The next morning the car was running fine all day, until tonight. I went to party city and when I was leaving, I got the “transmission malfunction & engine malfunction” the car wouldn’t shift past 3rd gear, or manually when I tried put it into sport mode. The car has been good to me but all of a sudden all these problems started happening out of no where, I haven’t run the codes yet won’t be able to till tomorrow. Does anyone have a clue what it could be ? I’m leaning towards battery issue but I’m not sure. Car has been running sluggish.
Codes
Appreciate 0