E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > N43 Cylinder 2 misfires

11-02-2021, 05:35 PM   #1
NiBe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 & E92

N43 Cylinder 2 misfires

Hello mates!

my first post here. I have read everything but reached a dead end I'm unable to get rid of 307D error: Cylinder selective oxygen-sensor control - lower limit reached; and misfires on cylinder 2; and need your help.

Car: BMW E91 118i N43 engine 2007/11

Full story:

I noticed that after driving on a highway the car had engine stalling problems, it was very difficult to drive away from full stop (sorry about my poor English), the engine was kind of very weak and had stalling problems. At that time I was getting error codes regarding catalytic converter so I decided to changed it for a aftermarket one together with Bosch lambda sensors (both aka all on a 4 cylinder N43).

The stalling went away. BUT I started to receive the 307D error and misfires on cylinder 2. I swapped coils, no change. I changed all 4 injectors, no change and I noticed that the previous owner already did change injector on cylinder 2 as it was index 11 and the other were index 9. I installed 4 new index 11 injectors. No change.

At that time I noticed that I'm able to reproduce misfires on cylinder 2. When I drive the car "hard" no misfires but when it is in a closed loop and in idle then when I slightly touch throttle pedal then it generates misfires (a lot, tens). Imagine this situation: I go on a highway, let's say 150 km/h for some time then I reach a downhill I shift to neutral, the car is in a closed loop, fuel rail pressure goes to 10 000 bar and rpms to +- 700 then when I slighltly touch throttle pedal then misfires on cylinder 2 increase by many (tens).

At that time I decided to change gasket on intake manifold believing in vacuum leak on cylinder 2 but no change.

I also opened ECU to check mosfets but they look to me fine.

More facts: after a long drive I experience a jerky idle. And everytime I reset adaptations the cat purrs as a cat but after some time (learns trims) it gets worse and worse.

Do you, mates, have any idea what to do?

Many thanks!

(ask for additional data I will provide them)
me
Nikolas

Last edited by NiBe; 11-02-2021 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #2
Tavian
Registered
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Did you end up solving this issue?
Appreciate 0