E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > 2011 335xi E90 cranks but wont start

Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #1
e90breezo
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

2011 335xi E90 cranks but wont start

Looking for some help here, last week I put a CTS Turbo Catless Downpipe on my N55 E90. Me & my homie installed it. We disconnected the 02 Sensors and moved them out of the way safely during the entire job. It was about 38-40 degrees while doing the job so it took us like 7 hours lmao. I remember having the passenger door open for a bit of the job as well as the trunk. Shortly after I closed them both and plugged the sensors up. Now when I went to finally start the car , expecting just a check engine from the downpipe… I just get a long crank. I plugged up my OBD and I saw my battery lost power and was dropping to 9 volts when cranking. I bought a new battery the next day and she’s just cranking even harder now still not turning over. I’ve had the same codes before and after the battery change (see below). I’ve had a mechanic come look at it to check out my starter and alternator he says it’s good but I’d have to tow it to his shop so he can get under it. Could be HPFP or a DME issue. Let me know what you guys think the problem is. This is my first BMW so I’m not too good with the pinpointing yet but I’d say possibly a HPFP issue. The night before we installed, i started my car & the crank was like 2-3 seconds longer than normal + I always been concerned about my oil temp because mine rises to 250 fast (never passed) and leaves the left side of the hood hot after any good drive & sometimes I felt like maybe my throttle response was half a second late but I assumed it’s cause I’m not on MHD yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by e90breezo; Yesterday at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0