E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > All error codes e91

Yesterday, 09:23 AM   #1
EmilioTG
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e91

Exclamation All error codes e91

Hello everyone, i bought a used e91 2012 320d about half a year ago and can't figure out why does my dashboard light up like a christmas tree. I tried replacing the battery and voltage regulator but they didnt help, went to a mechanic, they couldnt find anything.
The errors include:
Dtc
Abs
Transmission fault
Airbags fault
Seatbelt fault
Drive error
And my windshield wipers go crazy and i cant turn them off
Sometimes none of the steering wheel buttons work
After some time driving they all turn off or when i drive about 1km stop turn off the engine and turn it on again it fixes itself
Any help, thank you in advance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:47 AM   #2
Ohio Enthusiast
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335i, '18 BRZ

Without actual error codes we can't help you too much. Either find a mechanic that specializes in BMWs and have the tools and know-how to diagnose this, or get a BMW specific OBD scanner and share the codes with us.

There are many ways of getting codes, some almost free and some quite expensive. After some research I settled on a THOR WiFi OBD adapter and Deep OBD Android app to read codes. The THOR adapter is decently priced for something that is well known and supported by the BMW community (and is officially compatible with most diagnostic and coding tools), and the Deep OBD app is free. A more user friendly app would be BimmerLink, but that one is paid.

I would recommend starting from the persistent faults, especially ones that light on the dash and show up in iDrive. These are obviously already identified by the car and should give you detailed error codes. After identifying and fixing all of these it might be that the rest of the intermittent problems will be resolved as well.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:31 PM   #3
EmilioTG
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast View Post
Without actual error codes we can't help you too much. Either find a mechanic that specializes in BMWs and have the tools and know-how to diagnose this, or get a BMW specific OBD scanner and share the codes with us.

There are many ways of getting codes, some almost free and some quite expensive. After some research I settled on a THOR WiFi OBD adapter and Deep OBD Android app to read codes. The THOR adapter is decently priced for something that is well known and supported by the BMW community (and is officially compatible with most diagnostic and coding tools), and the Deep OBD app is free. A more user friendly app would be BimmerLink, but that one is paid.

I would recommend starting from the persistent faults, especially ones that light on the dash and show up in iDrive. These are obviously already identified by the car and should give you detailed error codes. After identifying and fixing all of these it might be that the rest of the intermittent problems will be resolved as well.
I will attach the screenshots with error codes later, i have an obd with bimmercode
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #4
EmilioTG
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilioTG View Post
I will attach the screenshots with error codes later, i have an obd with bimmercode
Here are the codes, a lot of them
Attached Images

Appreciate 0