E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335IS Single Turbo Build Questions

Today, 03:16 PM   #1
LearnSeeDecide
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335IS DCT

335IS Single Turbo Build Questions

Hey guys!

So I am hoping to get just a little bit more insight, due to some unfortunate events, my engine seized. This happened about two weeks after the oil level sensor went out. I did not notice any serious oil leaks during those two weeks, but I was busy and did not have time to fix it. Well, it seized up when I was on my way home, got it towed to my mechanic. Found that there was a small puncture in the oil pan, no clue how it happened, but it did. Leaves me with the decision to scrap it or replace the engine.

I ended up replacing the engine. Sourced an n54 out of Cali with 47k miles on it. Engine looked real good, did have some things that need to be replaced.

As far as maintenance goes on the "new" engine, I will be doing pretty much all of it. Index 12 injectors ( the prices of these are absolutely bonkers and I am trying to source a way to get them somewhat cheaper), water pump ( and hoses), pulleys (staying oem), belts, vacuum lines, valve cover, all the coolant hoses etc. You get the idea. What I want to make sure is that I have everything necessary to keep this a relatively safe build. My goals are to keep this in the 600-650 range ( will be having MHD custom tune it). Ill list all the parts that I currently have/are being shipped below. If anyone could give some insight on something additional I might need or if I will be fine with what I currently have, I would greatly appreciate it.

SPEEDTECH N54 PULSAR 6466 BB TOP MOUNT KIT
• Pulsar 6466 BB T4 Open, 0.96 A/R Turbo
• T4 Manifold with studs and nuts (Ceramic or Non-Ceramic options)
• 2 piece Stainless Steel Tubing
• Stainless Steel Wastegate Pipe ( Open Dump)
• V-Band Clamps
• Billet CNC Aluminum Oil & Coolant Plugs, O-rings
• Stainless Braided -4AN Oil Feed Hose, AN Fittings
• Stainless Braided -10AN Oil Drain Hose
• Stainless Steel -10AN Turbo Drain Fitting
• Stainless Steel -10AN To Engine Block Fitting
• Aluminum Charge Pipe
• Silicone Couplers
• Coolant Expansion Tank Relocation Kit

Stage 2 Bucketless LPFP Upgrade with Walbro 525

BMS E Chassis 7.5" High Density RACE Replacement Intercooler Upgrade
• 3" Including matching IC & Chargepipe couplers