E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N52 Eccentric Shaft Codes and Radiator Fan running at max speed on cold start.

Today, 04:04 PM   #1
bphaphon
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

N52 Eccentric Shaft Codes and Radiator Fan running at max speed on cold start.

Hi all,

Been having some puzzling issues with my LCI 328Xi for the past few months. Had multiple mechanic trips but nothing seems to be making the issue go away completely.

During the summer, I changed my valve cover gasket and my eccentric shaft sensor. About a week after the work was done, my car has had some weird cold starts.

Occasionally, initial "rev" when the car turns on will sometimes bring the RPM higher than normal. Sometimes it would go up to 1.3-1.8 RPM. Or it could be a normal first start, then the RPM's would gradually increase as if I'm slightly pressing the pedal. There's also the occasional shaking when the car is idling.

Additionally, the radiator fan would start at max speed on random cold starts. I just turn the car off and on and it goes away.

I've replaced my waterpump and thermostat back in April and recently changed a coolant temperature sensor that's located on the front of the engine under the oil filter.

As for codes:

2A31/2/5/6/7
2A47

(Valvetronic, eccentric shaft sensor: plausibility/reference/guide)

2EE6 (coolant temperature sensor, measuring range).

Just wanted some insight from other people before I bring it in another time.
Appreciate 0