E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Auto Club Speedway, September 20-21

09-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #23
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

There are plenty of spaces available for this event!

Come on out guys!

www.speedventures.com
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #24
cgnahc
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 ZSP

I believe the LA chapter BMW club will be there 9/21 for autocross in one of the parking lots.

Speed Ventures also has autocross 9/20-21. Busy weekend.
      09-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #25
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgnahc View Post
I believe the LA chapter BMW club will be there 9/21 for autocross in one of the parking lots.

Speed Ventures also has autocross 9/20-21. Busy weekend.
Yes, and BMWCCA is having a HPDE school the weekend after.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #26
satakal
Major
Rep
Drives: e46

I found myself going 135 entering NASCAR 1 yesterday. Bogus. I can only imagine what Harold and Mr.5 are doing right now.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #27
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by satakal View Post
I found myself going 135 entering NASCAR 1 yesterday. Bogus. I can only imagine what Harold and Mr.5 are doing right now.
Mr. 5 left a bit early today, so I didn't really get a chance to talk to him.

I think I hit 145 just before entering the first turn!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #28
satakal
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Mr. 5 left a bit early today, so I didn't really get a chance to talk to him.

I think I hit 145 just before entering the first turn!
Did you rent a transponder? If so, have you got some lap times to share? Also, can you tell me your thoughts on the roval?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #29
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you rent a transponder? If so, have you got some lap times to share? Also, can you tell me your thoughts on the roval?
Well, I don't think I ever had a clean lap or two to really click in a good lap time. I think it was a fraction of a second over 2 minutes, but should be in the high 1:5X range.

Well, I don't have the guts to run flatout like some of you do, so 120-125 mph is all I carry through the turns. With proper downforce I am sure it will give me the confidence to carry more speed. As for the straight, 145 is norm, but that is shifting at 5500 rpm and just cruise in 6th! I think the car can easily hit the speed limiter!

What kind of times did you turn?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #30
satakal
Major
Rep

I wish I could have been riding shotgun for a few of your laps. I was passenger in a C6 vette that turned times similar to yours.

I am so novice, a transponder wouldn't have been a good idea. Last thing we need at a "hpde" is rookies that don't even know the line trying for quick lap times.

My Saturday afternoon white sessions were comedy. Collision. No-point-by passing. Big ego's not giving points. Major rookie spins. I think half the white group didn't even know how to turn off the traction control. And, the guys that did, foolishly turned it off. I'm guessing I'm the only one that knowingly left the nannies on.

Only BMWCCA HPDEs for me from now on. Well, starting mid October.

I had a lot of fun stretching "my legs" on the front straight. Heel-toe'ing from 5th to 2nd. I took a very differnt line around the carousel than most. Very fun track, but it seemed like there was time to breathe between elements. I've only been to Button and BigWillow before this. Both of those places felt more like "always doing something" than the roval.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #31
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wish I could have been riding shotgun for a few of your laps. I was passenger in a C6 vette that turned times similar to yours.

I am so novice, a transponder wouldn't have been a good idea. Last thing we need at a "hpde" is rookies that don't even know the line trying for quick lap times.

My Saturday afternoon white sessions were comedy. Collision. No-point-by passing. Big ego's not giving points. Major rookie spins. I think half the white group didn't even know how to turn off the traction control. And, the guys that did, foolishly turned it off. I'm guessing I'm the only one that knowingly left the nannies on.

Only BMWCCA HPDEs for me from now on. Well, starting mid October.

I had a lot of fun stretching "my legs" on the front straight. Heel-toe'ing from 5th to 2nd. I took a very differnt line around the carousel than most. Very fun track, but it seemed like there was time to breathe between elements. I've only been to Button and BigWillow before this. Both of those places felt more like "always doing something" than the roval.
Double apex that turn for me!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #32
satakal
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Double apex that turn for me!
I got some pics up in this thread over here...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...77#post3358277
Appreciate 0