E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angel Eye Issue.

09-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #1
Sejo5
Sejo5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp

Angel Eye Issue.

For some reason the last few days, my Passenger Angel eyes goes out for 20 Min or so then comes back to life. Not sure if there’s a lose connection somewhere but i doubled checked everything.
But not sure if this can be the case I have the LED corners that i purchased from JLEVISW, these come with resistors that tap to 2 Lines on the Headlight harness can a bad connection from this cause the Angel Eye to go out?
Its only happening on the one side i will double check the connection again and possibly solder it instead of wire tap but my car is still under warranty and I don’t want to bring it to the dealer they might void it if they find out that I am messing around with the wiring.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
ho1ming
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

what a coincidence, mine (driver side) just went out this morning too like 3 secs after i started the car in the garage. I am think whether i should bring the car to the dealership or just try to fix it myself~
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
Mike@F1 Autohaüs
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ❤

What brand of angel eyes are you running? I would double check for any loose or bad connection. If everything else checks out fine, it could be a faulty LED.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

i believe you have a bad connection, the reason is because you already stated it does work, but not all every time you want it to.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
Sejo5
Sejo5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp

The car is at the Dealership at the moment for some other issues but as for the LED Blinkers that i purchased from JLEVISW i have spoken with nick he has explained that the connection for the angel eyes different from the ones i have tapped in for the Blinkers. My blinkers are both working correctly so its possible the Angel Eye itself is going out im going to switch it to the other side and see if the problem repeats itself then i will go from there.

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0