E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > What is up with drivers with poor attitude?

12-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #45
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

douche bag stories from the streets of the GTA.Winter Edition 2009....

This actually made me laugh quite a bit. Going northbound on parkside from lakeshore, there is always tons of traffic and two turn lanes. The right turn lane ends after the bridge as there are parked cars on parkside after 6pm. So im in the right lane and put on my signal to merge into the left lane which is jammed with cars. I usually let one person in if I am in the left lane and beleive in the weird carma of the universe. So the douche in a mitsubishi or kia lame cross over SUV type thing is gunning it every time I turn my wheels and look in the side mirror to merge in before the lane ends. Clearly he had a rule to not let ANYONE in, he must be on super important business to save the earth from something... anyhow, the traffic ahead stops. I find that there is several car lengths of room left in my lane before a parked car. I slowly creep ahead with my signal on and make a curteous face to another commuter, who graciously allows me into the lane, which I returned with an extra long thank you wave. This guy is infront of the crossover suv douche, who is now furiously laying on the horn, even though traffic is not going anywhere! The red light ahead changed after 20seconds or so but the douche would not give up. After we got moving again I see him tailgate, highbeam and honk at the generous commuter behind me, who proceeded to drive extra slow up parkside to thank the prick for his manners. Anyways, I guess carma was returned today?

Stay tuned for the next edition of the douchebag drivers report from the streets of the GTA.... winter edition
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #46
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 - 335is Coupe

I was honking at this biatch driving 100 in the left lane on the highway a few weeks ago, fucking bitch made me mad like crazy.

I fucking despise sluts that drive 60 onto the highway and i'm behind them, fucking retards.
      12-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #47
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

i totally didnt read the whole thing, just wanted to throw it out there that there was no 91 civic coupe, just a 4 door and a hatch. heheh
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #48
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
I was honking at this biatch driving 100 in the left lane on the highway a few weeks ago, fucking bitch made me mad like crazy.

I fucking despise sluts that drive 60 onto the highway and i'm behind them, fucking retards.
+ 1

Just cut them off and brake HARD infront of them
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #49
Carbon4
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 - 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
+ 1

Just cut them off and brake HARD infront of them
That doesn't seem very smart in winter driving conditions.

I just conveniently spray the window when I'm in front.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 04:55 AM   #50
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon4 View Post
That doesn't seem very smart in winter driving conditions.

I just conveniently spray the window when I'm in front.
?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 08:44 AM   #51
lcs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i LCI

Quote:
?
think he means windshield wiper fluid?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #52
mathu.bala
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 323i/6mt

Garage List
2009 LCI 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
?
I know exactly what you are thinking
      12-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #53
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Kon View Post
I think honking is fine.
I agree that it's not worth getting pissed of for someone honking at you, but honking is still a bad way to communicate on the road. On a busy street you do not know who honked, at whom and why. I once honked at a car that was about to hit me backing out of a parking spot, and another car, that was standing in front of me waiting for some space to make left turn powered ahead and almost got into an accident. There is a pretty good chance that driver thought I was honking at him and flipped - at least it seemed like that.

Also, do not forget about people who live in the area. I used to live in downtown DC, and someone honked every f--king 5 seconds under my window.

It better to use high-beam signals instead of honking - easier to understand, and do not bother anyone around.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #54
Undies
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2 View Post
Honking at someone to let them know you disapprove of their maneuver isn't going to help matters. If the driver screwed up because they're a generally nervous or inexperienced driver, being honked at is going to make them even more nervous and uncertain of what to do. If they're an aggressive driver, honking is just going to make them defensive and angry, and more likely to do something aggressively stupid. In both cases, the better solution is just to let it go and put space between you and them. Besides, everyone makes mistakes, and you don't always know if the driver who cut you off did it deliberately or carelessly, or if this is the one rare occasion when an otherwise good driver made a blunder in a moment of distraction. (Though, from the driver's reaction in this case, I am guessing the former is more likely.)

I know Homer Simpson complained that you can never find a horn when you're mad, but I remember my driving instructor teaching me that the purpose of the horn was to get another driver's attention for the purpose of preventing a collision or maybe to remind a distracted driver that the light is green already. Honking at someone to express disapproval of their driving style is rarely productive and can easily escalate into something much worse; much better to let it go and take comfort in the fact that you were paying attention and, as a result, were able to avoid a collision as a result of someone else's poor judgment.
we'll said my friend, but hard when your baby was about to get scratched.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #55
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

here is todays update and for once it did not directly involve me:

scene: Queensway and park lawn area LCBO parking lot

The parking lot is absolutely jammed, as usual on weekends. So I drop off my dry cleaning and hit the LCBO for some booze. After I come out Im waiting in line to turn onto the main exit lane for the parking lot. This impatiant fuck in a TSX was trying to back out. Me and the guy infront of me were waiting to pull into the main lane. The problem was that there was a line up of cars trying to pull out of this parking lot. Well the TSX kept reversing and going back into his spot after realising he was not going to be able to pull out (the guy infront of me was blocking him in, we were facing 12' oclock and we was facing 3). So the guy infront (a little car, I think a cavalier, was full of 4 passengerS) moves forward a little and the impatient douche TSX driver floors the gas while in reverse and absolutely smashes the cav's rear bumper. What makes it hilarious is that there was a full car length betwen me and the guy infront of me: ie I was going to let the TSX back out. The impatient fuck totally messed up this guys rear bumper. If I was a prick and did not give him room, he would have clocked me square on the passenger side front, probably near the front wheels.

Anyways, keep your eyes open for impatient douchebags in parking lots.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #56
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkish335 View Post
here is todays update and for once it did not directly involve me:

scene: Queensway and park lawn area LCBO parking lot

The parking lot is absolutely jammed, as usual on weekends. So I drop off my dry cleaning and hit the LCBO for some booze. After I come out Im waiting in line to turn onto the main exit lane for the parking lot. This impatiant fuck in a TSX was trying to back out. Me and the guy infront of me were waiting to pull into the main lane. The problem was that there was a line up of cars trying to pull out of this parking lot. Well the TSX kept reversing and going back into his spot after realising he was not going to be able to pull out (the guy infront of me was blocking him in, we were facing 12' oclock and we was facing 3). So the guy infront (a little car, I think a cavalier, was full of 4 passengerS) moves forward a little and the impatient douche TSX driver floors the gas while in reverse and absolutely smashes the cav's rear bumper. What makes it hilarious is that there was a full car length betwen me and the guy infront of me: ie I was going to let the TSX back out. The impatient fuck totally messed up this guys rear bumper. If I was a prick and did not give him room, he would have clocked me square on the passenger side front, probably near the front wheels.

Anyways, keep your eyes open for impatient douchebags in parking lots.
That parking lot is an absolute joke. So poorly designed. The other day I was there and the place was packed. What do I see but a new Mustang GT smack dab in the middle of two spots. Idiots like that need a shopping cart accidentally rolled into their cars.

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0