E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Mod Bargains stands up

06-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
F3thirty5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335 XI Coupe

Mod Bargains stands up

Mod Bargains stands behind their products, even when their suppliers might not. Their customer service is prompt and responsive. Top notch.

I like the smoked rear tail light look. I thought it would look pretty good on my Black Sapphire 335XI. I know that the lenses can be professionally painted, but I wanted to see if I liked it first, so I thought I would try the tint route.

I am reasonably good at installations and thought I would give it a shot.

I went onto Mod-bargains and I ordered a set of the smoked tints they supplied from one the vendors.

My order came quickly and I installed the tints on the flat trunk lights no problem. The paperwork that came with the tints explained that the install was difficult on most tail lights and you should have a blow dryer, clean hands and LOTS of patience. If you had any trouble they gave you a number to call and said to take pictures of the install problems.

Needless to say, after trying and trying, I couldn't get the tint to apply properly and it ripped during the install. Yeah, of course part of the blame goes to me because I couldn't get it right. But I thought this must be common since the paperwork explained it was a $#^^ to install and gave you a support number. The tint isn't paper thin, but its thin enough to rip if you mess it up like I did.

I called the vendor directly. They told me to call Mod Bargains. Mod Bargains wrote me back immediately. They explained they would try and work this out with the vendor. They followed up many times on my behalf without getting a response right away.

The vendor wouldn't supply a replacement but said they would sell me a replacement piece (not the whole kit, just the piece I ripped) for approximately 25% off of what I paid for the whole kit!

I didn't think that was right. I tried to install as they instructed, didn't use improper method or tools, etc. and thought the price was heavy.

Mod Bargains understood where I was coming from. They explained that even though the vendor wouldn't help me, they would. They are sending me a replacement kit for FREE!

Its pretty rare that a company will hook you up like that. I was totally honest with them and told them I ripped it trying to install it. They understood it was common and decided to stand up and help someone out.

THANKS MOD-BARGAINS

You got a fan right here
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
335ievo
Your'e gonna learrrrrrnn tooooday
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i M Sport EB

**********s FTW!

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." James Dewar
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

cramp,

Thank you for your business. We as enthusiasts know exactly how you guys feel at times with parts that might not fit the bill. We're here to help and get you the parts that you want!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

Thanks Cramp for choosing us, and that we can help you out. Thanks again
Appreciate 0