E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Cleaning White Leather

08-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
ekr059
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW 545i

Cleaning White Leather

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at buying a 2006 330I. My big concern with it is that it has the white leather interior. My sister has a beige, good-quality leather couch (with protectant on it) and after a few months dye from blue jeans stained it where people would rub against it when sitting down. I'm really worried about dye transfer in this car, but the white looks just so sharp. Does anyone out there have the white interior? Is this a problem? How is it to keep clean? Are there any good products you guys can recommend to help keep it looking its best?

Thanks,

Ellen
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 01:26 AM   #2
mvillezcas
BMW SD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E92

I don't think there's a way to avoid dark blue jean dye marks. But there's always a way to clean it. I use Lexol cleaner and follow with Zaino 10. I have red leather.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #3
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Leather Protection

Leather Master™ - Protection Cream (a Scotchgard™ type product specifically formulated for lather) provides excellent protection against every kind of soiling, water, oil, alcohol-based stains and perspiration marks.
This enhances the durability of your leather, so your leather will maintain the original gloss as well as a nice soft touch through the years. Its water and oil repellent effect is particularly suitable for leather used in cabriolets. Heavily used seats and steering wheels quickly become glossy as the soil “polishes” the leather. Protection Cream brings back the matte sheen to the leather.

It should be applied to new leather upholstery before use, particularly on sensitive or light colours, and after any cleaning process. Acts as a protective barrier which assists in the removal of every day light soiling, helps to resist dye transfer and (suntan) oil stains and makes its removal more successful, it reduces surface scratching and enhances colours on aniline leathers

Application
Shake the container thoroughly. Apply the Protection Cream to a soft micro fibre towel that has been folded in four, spread product evenly; paying particular attention to high use areas like seating area, arms, front railings and backs. Apply first coat and allow drying, and then apply a second coat to ensure complete coverage

Alternatives- Optimum (OPT) Protectant Plus, also contains ultra violet (UV) protection

Maintenance / Care- remove surface dirt and dust – use a soft brush, vacuum and then use a clean, damp cloth. Leather Masters™ Foam Cleaner is a solvent free pump action product, which is extremely efficient for the cleaning of general soiling and water based stains. Always pre-test the product on an inconspicuous area. This cleaner is an aerosol version of Leather Master™ Strong Cleaner. Allow product to remain in place (amount of product will be dependent upon level of soiling) and then gently agitate, finally remove with a damp micro fibre towel.

To ensure the leather remains soft and supple apply Leather Masters Soft Touch and allow to dry. And then apply Leather Masters Protection Cream with a dry micro fibre towel and allow to dry
Appreciate 0