E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angelibright install....help!

09-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
slimysnails
Leaving slime trails...
United_States
Rep
Drives: a black brick

Angelibright install....help!

i'm installing angelibrights that i had just purchased (latest v3 version). sounds easy enough right?

first, i plugged everything in for a preliminary test before actually installing the bulbs, heatsinks and module into the actual headlight housings. they look great! everyting lights up. so i go ahead and unplug everything and install it all into the housings.

now, only the passenger side lights up. hmm, must be a bad connection somewhere, after all i do have big weenie fingers. so i double check everything and all is hooked up correctly. still the driver's side does not light. put the stock halogen back in, it lights up. so i proceeded to switch, one by one, the led bulb, module and even heatsinks on both sides. they both light up now! but this is with them out of the housings (just sort of laying on the rad support). put everything back together....driver's side does not light up.
at this point i just want them working, so i put both stock halogens back in. now the driver's side halogen does not light! i tested the h8 plug with a voltmeter and it's getting nothing. i did not tug or pull anything loose as i triple checked the oem harness. i even checked all the fuses that had anything to do with lights (well, as much as i could decifer from the icons). i guess tomorrow i will check the juice coming from the main harness that plugs into the headlight.

so here i am, without my aib's installed, and now the driver's side oem halogen gets no juice. do the angel eyes have fuses?

i do think this is a problem with the car and not the aib's as they did work. plus, you gotta really see the machining of the heatsinks and the actual led bulbs. badass.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
I had the same problem with the AiBs, but fortunately afterwards the stock H8s work fine. Tom at EAS thought it was bad wiring with mine, and it sounds like you might have a similar problem at which point, as I understand it, power will get cut. I kept mine in for about a week and it was pretty much a crap-shoot on how long the driver-side light would would stay on, if it decided to come on. (From the other posts I've seen, it seems like a more common problem with AiBs and early build 07s, but I can't say that with any sort of certainty.)

Assuming you bought them from EAS, you should reach out to Tom or really anyone there for some product support. They were super helpful in getting it all resolved.

Last edited by onnex; 09-15-2010 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
slimysnails
Leaving slime trails...
United_States
Rep
Drives: a black brick

well, just in case anyone else comes across this problem, here's some links i found helpful. looks like it's off to the dealer i go. the bt tool will not erase this code. or then again maybe i should just wait as some ppl said that the frm will try to reconnect again

this isn't aproblem with the aib's (i tested them on a 12v source and they light up), but i think it has to do with the sequence in which i hooked them up to the car itself.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388164

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406014

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334734

Last edited by slimysnails; 09-15-2010 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0