E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > NEED HELP!!!

12-07-2010, 03:20 AM   #1
bimmerfan2008
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i sport and premium pa

NEED HELP!!!

Hi im new to this forum and BMW's in general so i will start with some background. My name is Austin i live in Houston, Tx, just turned 21 and bought my first BMW due to an unfortunate turn of events. Prior to the BMW i was into the whole jdm scene and still am but i decided to switch to BMW's because they are more classy and seen to follow the more silent but deadly concept. I purchased the vehicle in April of 2010, it is a 2008 328i premium and sport package. Ive had it for a few months and caught the tuning bug which is why i joined the forum and i have a few questions about the vehicle and the general technical talk that surrounds the brand so here are my questions...
1. What is pre-lci and lci?
2. Im pretty sure i know the answer to this but is an e90 a 07-08 328 or 335 that is a sedan and e92 is an 07-08 328 or 335 that is a coupe?
3. The 2008 model that i have has the ugly orange in the headlights and i was wondering if i could get some feedback on what is the best solution to this whether it be change the headlight, eyelids, w.e. to change the look? Personal experience would be best.
4. If i wanted to change the color of the xenon low beam can i just swap out the bulb and if so where can i find the bulbs?
5. Are the bulbs from the halos of the 09 and up 3 series as well as the bulbs of the low beams interchangeable with my vehicle?
6. Does any one recommend l.e.d. blacklines over the regular?
7. I am in the market for some wheels and was wondering if the tpms from my vehicle which i believe is the tire valves (please correct if i am wrong) fit on any aftermarket wheel? I am particularly looking at a set of vmr 701's.
8. Are h&r sport springs interchangeable between 07 and 08 models? 335 and 328? Coupes and sedans?
9. If i use the sport springs will i need to buy something to fix camber and if so what part is recommened?
10. I have noticed that 335 owners do alot of jb1-3 upgrades. Is there anything like this offered for the 328?
11. Last but not least, If you guys know some good websites or know someone selling these parts i would gladly appreciate yuo pointing me in the right direction. I am looking for regular blacklines or the L.E.D. versions dont know which ones yet, the gloss black front grills and trim, and m3 lip spoiler the thick version painted in not the jet black but the other black that is an upgrade.

Sorry for all the questions but BMW's seem alot more complicated than hondas and scions. For this reason i am scared to work on the vehicle myself in fear of breaking something or voiding the oh so good warranty. All the help that i get is greatly appreciated. Sorry if the questions seem stupid and if some of them are in the wrong part of the forum. Thanks for you time and knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
bimmerfan2008
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
3X3=5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in a lot of traffic

First of all, a "bump" to your post 10 hours later is a little over zealous. Second, no one is going to answer all your questions because A. you asked a shitload of stuff all at once and B. all of this information is readily available by searching.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
bimmerfan2008
Second Lieutenant
Rep

thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Yea you really should search. All of your topics have been THOROUGHLY discussed.

You're being lazy....
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
Das.Euro
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328XI- Montego Blue

1. Search
2. Search
3. Search
4. Search
5. Search
6. Search
7. Search
8. Search
9. Search
10. Search
11. Search .... n00b
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #7
_shim
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: an e90

1. "LCI" stands for "life cycle impulse." it's basically a change in headlights, hood (for e90s), grilles, and bumper, as well as tail lights and trunk. there's more to it, but basically, that's it.
2. e90 - any sedan. e92 - any coupe.
3. This all depends on how much you'd want to spend. you can go with OEM euro xenons, which have a clear reflector (probably the most expensive). you can also fit OEM LCI headlights (they fit right in, but if you have OEM xenon, you'll need some coding). Look into OSS headlights as well, they should cost you ~$600 but you will have to ship out your lights. If you want to spend a lot less money (and time), look into ambergones. they're basically eyelids that cover the reflectors.
4. Just change the bulbs. look around on the vendor threads or pm some of them.
5. If you have OEM xenons, i'm pretty sure the headlamp/lowbeam lights are the same. the angel eyes, not too sure about.
6. Personal preference.
7. TMPS - "tire-pressure monitoring system." they monitor the air pressure in the tires. not sure about vmrs, but if they don't fit, you can probably find adaptors somewhere.
8. They're all the same.
9. The H&R sport drop really isn't enough to NEED a camber arm upgrade.
10. Look for the BMS powerbox.
11. Go on the sponsors f/s forum and look around. You can find a lot of slightly used stuff on the private owners' f/s forum as well.

Hope that helped. but really, search next time