E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Can anyone give some advices on Matt White Car Wrap PLZ

12-17-2010, 02:14 AM   #1
RMBwarrior
Rep
Drives: e92 325i

Exclamation Can anyone give some advices on Matt White Car Wrap PLZ

living in china , hard to find enuf information on this. plz help

preparing to do this job on a Discovery 4..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Order the material and find a installer. Not much else we can do to help.

Oracle or 3m are the best.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
RON1X
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S Guards Red

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
I don't know what sort of "advice" you are looking for but you need to make sure to get quality vinyl (3M or equivalent) and a shop that has experience doing it. Some vinyl is intended to last for 3 years versus others that are for longer periods of time (like 8+). Get the best because it will last in the elements better and not start to peel, etc. Matte white will look sick. I looked into it locally, just a bit too expensive for a temporary look. Good luck and you better be posting pictures galore after you get it done!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
RMBwarrior
Rep

hey ppl, i found a website sells matt white vinyl yersterday. but im not sure if it is the right type im looking for. can any expert take a look for me?
here is the site
http://www.montroy.com/catalog/main/...252048&desc=48 Matte White Electrocut 3M Vinyl

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
RMBwarrior
Rep

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON1X View Post
I don't know what sort of "advice" you are looking for but you need to make sure to get quality vinyl (3M or equivalent) and a shop that has experience doing it. Some vinyl is intended to last for 3 years versus others that are for longer periods of time (like 8+). Get the best because it will last in the elements better and not start to peel, etc. Matte white will look sick. I looked into it locally, just a bit too expensive for a temporary look. Good luck and you better be posting pictures galore after you get it done!
the long-life of vinyl is not required, in china, you have to get your vehicle examined every two year. and you must peel the vinyl off to get thru it.
so...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #6
RMBwarrior
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
Order the material and find a installer. Not much else we can do to help.

Oracle or 3m are the best.
only problem , it is hard to fine quality vinyl in china.. so im trying to buy it oversea now. but it is hard for me to find a good dealer.
Appreciate 0