Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > e92 Run Flat Indicator

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
nimbus1
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 320i

e92 Run Flat Indicator

had my two front tyres changed at garage today, on way home the run flat indicator appeared...no sound or anything advising a tyre pressure loss or anything..... i understand just the icon appearing means that it was init the indicator again..i reset this via the on board computer and it now seems fine, well i will be able to confirm on way to work tomorrow....

i take it this was just becase it needed reset due to the change of tyres????

please advise

thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
m42stanle
N52B25
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI (323i)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbus1 View Post
had my two front tyres changed at garage today, on way home the run flat indicator appeared...no sound or anything advising a tyre pressure loss or anything..... i understand just the icon appearing means that it was init the indicator again..i reset this via the on board computer and it now seems fine, well i will be able to confirm on way to work tomorrow....

i take it this was just becase it needed reset due to the change of tyres????

please advise

thanks
Yep, non-US cars (Canada, UK, etc) are equipped with FTM rather than TPMS so it's likely FTM just detected the slight difference in inflation pressures (and subsequent slight change in tire rolling diameter) after your tire changeover.

However, I would suggest checking pressures in all four of your tires with a quality gauge (and setting them if necessary) before resetting FTM.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
nimbus1
Registered
Rep

cheers m8..i thought that may be the case, will check the tyre pressures tomorrow also....can you confirm in psi what it should be instefad of bar.....for both front and rears..

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
m42stanle
N52B25
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI (323i)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbus1 View Post
cheers m8..i thought that may be the case, will check the tyre pressures tomorrow also....can you confirm in psi what it should be instefad of bar.....for both front and rears..

thanks in advance
Unfortunately we don't get the 320d here in Canada so I'm not sure what wheels come standard with your car. If they're same as my 323i (205/55 R16 91H) then it's 32 psi front / 36 psi rear for normal driving.

This will be in your owner's manual towards the back in some tables ("Wheels and Tires - Tire Inflation Pressures") or on a sticker on the inside of the driver's side door jamb near the VIN plate.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: *

You need to re initialize your tire pressure set point, basically telling your car that you changed the tires Easy to do .... Check control until you get to the error with the tire than click once and than hold on the button until you see the little square getting a check mark
.... You're good to go
      02-15-2011, 05:09 AM   #6
nimbus1
Registered
Rep

cheers guys, i have reset the indicator and all is well this morning.......thanks again....

i ahve an e92 coupe - 225/40/18 front and 255/35/18 rear...... can some one confirm the tyre pressures please...the sticker in door is only in b.a.r

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
axis
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i Gran Coupe

http://www.centauro-owners.com/articles/psibar.html
Appreciate 0