E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Tischer getbmwparts.com refund suggestions

04-01-2011, 06:31 AM   #45
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Diesel Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5

Sort of off topic - what if you had it repainted at a certified BMW repair shop? I did this for my Audi parts (because we actually had one in town). I think the closest "authorized" BMW repair shop is a few hours away, but would they have a better chance of matching the more difficult finishes versus a non-certified shop?
      04-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #46
chumley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoupe View Post
This guy is completely unreasonable...I have NEVER seen a company issue a refund like Tischer is doing here. I have to give them props on that for sure. OP, stop acting like a spoiled little brat and either try again, find a different vendor, or STFU.
I agree. What other vendor would issue a full refund for a painted part? And why on earth would they refund the OP $170 for paint he says doesn't match without any indication why it doesn't match? If I were them I'd do the same thing - they would need to know what's wrong with the shop or paint they're using.

OP should just order an unpainted piece from them or someone else and deal with it himself.

MHD flash, DCI, BMW PE, ETS FMIC, Powerflex, SWS8xi's, VMR 803's in Solar Rain, LUX V4

Last edited by chumley; 04-01-2011 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: picts posted
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #47
mycoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley View Post
I agree. What other vendor would issue a full refund for a painted part? And why on earth would they refund the OP $170 for paint he says doesn't match without any indication why it doesn't match? If I were them I'd do the same thing - they would need to know what's wrong with the shop or paint they're using.

OP should just order an unpainted piece from them or someone else and deal with it himself.
Word. Except he can't, right? Cuz he's too busy all day everyday. Yet he some how had plenty of time to write in this thread responding to everyone criticizing him for acting like a butt hurt brat. He also had plenty o time to put on the other parts he bought, and would somehow have EVEN MORE TIME to take his mismatched lip to a local paint shop and then pick it up and then install it.

OP, does it suck for you that this mishap occured? Yes. No one is denying you that. Did Tischer make a MORE THAN reasonable offer to take care of the mishap? Absolutely! Would any normal, sane individual take their offer of a FULL REFUND + RETURN SHIPPING and just source the part somewhere else? You better believe it!

Moral of the story? Don't whine like a little child and not expect to be treated like one.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #48
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley View Post

A vendor that basically guaranteed that the paint would match since they sell them so often. I told them my situation before I ordered the part that I have already purchased a lip previously online and they told me also that the paint would be spot on...however the paint came really off so I asked them if it would match from them (tischer). They told me yes because they do this all the time for that color. And now that I have to send it back shipping is roughly $80 each way (box is huge) x 2 = $160. So instead of wasting so much on shipping why not just reimburse me for the paint job of $170? Just makes sense as a business standpoint since I have proof. You say there is no indication of mismatch but how about and you will see pics.

Does anyone on this site wanna know whats going on before they comment like a moron?

Yes of course I would have gotten the piece without it painted if they told me that its hit or miss...they should have told me that yes without seeing the actually color of the car its going to be hard to match the paint. There is a BMW dealer and body shop like 2 minutes from my store.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #49
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Word. Except he can't, right? Cuz he's too busy all day everyday. Yet he some how had plenty of time to write in this thread responding to everyone criticizing him for acting like a butt hurt brat. He also had plenty o time to put on the other parts he bought, and would somehow have EVEN MORE TIME to take his mismatched lip to a local paint shop and then pick it up and then install it.

OP, does it suck for you that this mishap occured? Yes. No one is denying you that. Did Tischer make a MORE THAN reasonable offer to take care of the mishap? Absolutely! Would any normal, sane individual take their offer of a FULL REFUND + RETURN SHIPPING and just source the part somewhere else? You better believe it!

Moral of the story? Don't whine like a little child and not expect to be treated like one.
Look...I am online everyday all day responding to emails and making phone calls. I own my own business so yeah I have some leisure staying online...whatever it may be online. Plus like I said I have had 2 days off in 4 years and one of the 2 days was 2 weeks ago when I installed everything...took me 15 hours for everything.

But please read my original post...all I said was I am pissed that the part I ordered was not how I wanted. Can I not be angry now that a company promised to have the color matched because they do this all the time for that specific color and on top of that not responding to emails and the part coming 10 days after the latest possible day they said would be here?

I just wanted some suggestions on how I should go about getting Tischer to refund my money like maybe ask for $120 reimbursed and not even the $170 I originally asked for? Because I do not want to send the part back...of course I can send the part back and get a full refund I understand that. And again I apologized for making this thread so hastily but again its not like im wrong here. But I was seriously pissed though but it wasnt only the fact that Tischer made me wait so long without updates and the color was off but also timing. This was the second lip after a lip that i got that i had to wait and paint coming off. That is why I specifically asked tischer if the paint will match.

But seriously you guys should definitely try to find out more about the situation because accusing someone who is mad that they are unreasonable and calling them names like a douche. Especially when the actual company comes here and posts defending themselves because you dont know what is actually going on. Of course they are going to look like the good guy here and post something.

But now I have no other choice but this ship this thing back now because they havent responded to 2 emails that I have sent since yesterday morning asking if they would just refund me the shipping costs of $120.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #50
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Euro ? View Post
This is what happens when you paint an ITEM thats not on the car, plain and simple and it happens all the time. Its hit or miss , ANY bodyshop will tell you that and you should of known that n00b
and yeah I am a noob when it comes to painting. that is why I asked the company before I purchased if they were sure it would match and basically guaranteed me it would. As a noob thought that was good enough but obviously not.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #51
mikracer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 335i sedan

I can't believe you're still trying to make your case about how you've been so wronged. The vendor has already stated that they will accept the return no questions asked with full refund. Return your item, buy an unpainted one, then get it painted at your own shop and be done with it.

Like someone mentioned above, it sucks to get an item and not to your liking, but damn, they already said they will take it back! Instead of installing it, you should have left it alone as soon as you saw that the paint didnt match. Why you even put it on the car baffles me when its clearly a different color. Thats your bad for taking the precious time off you gave yourself to install something that you already knew you weren't happy with.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #52
e85sbm
Snow Wizard
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 & E89

First of all.....I want to give credit to Tischer, they went above and beyond what is expected of any business....makes me want to use them as a primary source for future mods and projects.

However, the ongoing pity me approach taken by the OP is crazy! You keep stating that you have only had 2 days off in 4 years and that you work over 90 hours a week.

Why don't you hire someone to help you out?
What kind of business is it that makes you so dedicated to working like a slave?
You also mention that you have had some issues with your business....why not seek help, advisors, investors, whatever....just deal with your situation and stop trying to get sympathy from strangers on a forum.

.....end of rant.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #53
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
I can't believe you're still trying to make your case about how you've been so wronged. The vendor has already stated that they will accept the return no questions asked with full refund. Return your item, buy an unpainted one, then get it painted at your own shop and be done with it.

Like someone mentioned above, it sucks to get an item and not to your liking, but damn, they already said they will take it back! Instead of installing it, you should have left it alone as soon as you saw that the paint didnt match. Why you even put it on the car baffles me when its clearly a different color. Thats your bad for taking the precious time off you gave yourself to install something that you already knew you weren't happy with.
uhhh how about people stop hitting this thread with all this crap and just tell me what i asked earlier...if people like you would stop telling me all this crap about how i shouldnt be mad then i wouldnt have to defend myself. again people like you are making it worse...just leave it alone and just tell me how i should have asked for the refund like i asked. i dont want to return it...i am actually thinkin of just keepin the damn thing and losing $200 to get it painted so I dont have to wait.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #54
mikracer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
uhhh how about people stop hitting this thread with all this crap and just tell me what i asked earlier...if people like you would stop telling me all this crap about how i shouldnt be mad then i wouldnt have to defend myself. again people like you are making it worse...just leave it alone and just tell me how i should have asked for the refund like i asked. i dont want to return it...i am actually thinkin of just keepin the damn thing and losing $200 to get it painted so I dont have to wait.
WTF? How to ask for a refund? It is HIGHLY unlikely that any company will offer you a partial refund and where you get to keep the item. They are going to seek a refund from the painter or some type of credit I'm sure when they prove that the item they got painted is grossly discolored. They aren't going to come out of pocket because you want to keep the item and get it painted by your own guy. They offered you a refund, so buy an unpainted piece and get it painted.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #55
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e85sbm View Post
First of all.....I want to give credit to Tischer, they went above and beyond what is expected of any business....makes me want to use them as a primary source for future mods and projects.

However, the ongoing pity me approach taken by the OP is crazy! You keep stating that you have only had 2 days off in 4 years and that you work over 90 hours a week.

Why don't you hire someone to help you out?
What kind of business is it that makes you so dedicated to working like a slave?
You also mention that you have had some issues with your business....why not seek help, advisors, investors, whatever....just deal with your situation and stop trying to get sympathy from strangers on a forum.

.....end of rant.
jesus christ...having your own business is why you have to work harder than anyone else. if i just laid back dont you think the business would slowly deteriorate? I just stated that I work a lot so when I make time off to get things done I wanna get it done.

Not only have I apologized but I have also said I would still buy from Tischer and would recommend them.

and without owning your own business that you brought from the ground up you will never understand what it is to run one...so no need to explain there.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #56
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

To chumley, mycoupe, mikracer, e85smb, lenaxia and Tischer, I want to apologize for my irrational behavior and such foul language =). I really didnt mean to offend anyone and this was not for argument's sake.

To moderator: if at all possible I would like for you to completely erase this thread =) as I do not wish for Tischer's reputation to hinder even ever so slightly as they do offer great service and product.

I am unsubscribing to this thread as I feel as though everything really has been resolved...all I have to do is ship it back. Thanks Tischer and also sorry.

Good luck to everyone with future purchases from Tischer as they really are a great company.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #57
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Who gives a shit, Tischer corrected the issue & took care of the customer. Mods do your job and close this thread...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #58
DTrain17
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 335i fbo

Quote:

you are awesome!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #59
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Mycoupe, you're such a meanie! Shame on you!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #60
mycoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeFranco1 View Post
Mycoupe, you're such a meanie! Shame on you!!!
:
Appreciate 0