E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AA Xede Dyno @ Church Dyno Shop

05-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

AA Xede Dyno @ Church Dyno Shop

This past saturday I passed up on bimmerfest to get another dyno done with the AA xede installed. About two weeks ago, there was a dyno day at Churchs dyno shop (Dynapack). Myself with a stock 335 Auto along with two other 335i's with procede + exhaust mods dyno'd.

***Before I go any further, I am NOT comparing my dyno to any other dynos except for the one mentioned below which used the same dyno as I did.

My mods: 335i Auto, AA xede, no exhaust mods.
WalkedU: 335i Manual, Procede v1.4??, zoomers exhaust (catback), DIY Bov
Jonathan: 335i Manual, Procede v1.4??, some sort of mufflers and Cat delete.

After Dyno'ing I had them print out my graph next to WalkedU's dyno since they were pretty much the same. From what I remember he had a low graph because of his DIY bov.

Here is my dyno against WalkedU's dyno. (My car is the Blue line)

Here is the graph Jonathan posted awhile back. Difference between my car and his is Procede/AA Xede and he has the exhaust mods which I dont.

So there you have it. I would still like to see a 335i with ONLY a procede dyno at Churchs so that it would be an Apple to Apples comparison.

Some may say mufflers/Removing cats won't help much. But every motor reacts differently to mods.

I would like to bring up my assumptions once again that as of right now Procede and Xede are making similar power within +-5whp/wtq. Dependant on motor.

Since we're all mature, just to keep the forum clean and to keep the shit talking, name calling to a minimum I will not reply to any posts.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
SoCal335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red

Im a bit confused, help me out here look at the pics, one says turbo miata and both of the dyno sheets have the same exact time on them to the second??? Also looks like 2 different versions of Dyna pack software?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
Im a bit confused, help me out here look at the pics, one says turbo miata and both of the dyno sheets have the same exact time on them to the second??? Also looks like 2 different versions of Dyna pack software?

Not sure why but the printouts show the previous cars name...
Time on the graph has been off the two times ive been there.... I guess they didnt set that up yet?

As for two version of dynapack software... When they were trying to print it from my dyno's pc, the printer would jam. So what he ended up doing was copying the dyno file into a usb drive and walking over to their other dyno (smaller dynapack) and having it printed from that station. So thats probably why it shows different versions?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
SoCal335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
Not sure why but the printouts show the previous cars name...
Time on the graph has been off the two times ive been there.... I guess they didnt set that up yet?

As for two version of dynapack software... When they were trying to print it from my dyno's pc, the printer would jam. So what he ended up doing was copying the dyno file into a usb drive and walking over to their other dyno (smaller dynapack) and having it printed from that station. So thats probably why it shows different versions?
oh ok, i was just wondering.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 03:53 PM   #5
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i

Garage List
Good numbers... My Procede only car made 350rwhp and 400rwtq on the dyno. It seems that procede and AA/XEDE cars are making very similar numbers.

Lets see some track numbers now!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 04:25 PM   #6
retrodrive
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Of course it is going to be similar. Take similar map, play with boost levels and you have a competitive product. What I am interested in is who is going to come out with better updates to their piggybacks and how soon. My $ is on Vishnu and that is why I currently own Proceed.

Good numbers.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 04:28 PM   #7
jjlawyer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i '07 6mt

I think that is pretty conclusive that AA and PROceed make about the same power. It would be nice to see some baseline pulls on the compared cars. One question that you didn't address, why do the graphs state that they were corrected to flywheel torque and hp?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
Walked U
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Too many to list

Ya my car was messed up.

I posted those dynos before anyways and said i was running too lean.

Heres that whole damn thread again.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=DIY+BOV

But anyways good numbers non the less.

We all need to start comparing numbers on a dynojet with SAE corrected. That way we can compare it with other car dynos. In all the other forums Ive been in before e90post everyone uses SAE corrected. LS1 forums to porsches.
Ferrari 575 SA, 458 Italia

Last edited by Walked U; 05-08-2007 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 0