F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F31 Cleaned & Michelin shod (We all love pics)
GetBMWParts

06-28-2015, 04:42 PM   #23
jumperjohn
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i X-Drive

Hi,
I have standard non adaptive M Sport dampers, the ACS springs, as many have suggested, are a vast improvement in many aspects of control and ride improvement and as a bonus they lower the car to give an even gap all round without being too low.

I fitted 12mm Ebach spacers all round to fill out the wheels to arches, I think it works well.

Black cars look lovely but my next car will be silver, black is a bugger to keep clean and I'm forever polishing out light scratches.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 08:59 AM   #24
C5_GBO
Carl
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumperjohn View Post
Hi,
I have standard non adaptive M Sport dampers, the ACS springs, as many have suggested, are a vast improvement in many aspects of control and ride improvement and as a bonus they lower the car to give an even gap all round without being too low.

I fitted 12mm Ebach spacers all round to fill out the wheels to arches, I think it works well.

Black cars look lovely but my next car will be silver, black is a bugger to keep clean and I'm forever polishing out light scratches.
Cheers John, I'll be ordering myself some spacers when I sort the springs out then... had them on my old M3, but wasn't sure on best size for the F31 as not many people seem to have them.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #25
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

Looks awesome, well worth the extra effort to keep it looking nice.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 04:08 PM   #26
jumperjohn
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

More Pics - to show ACS Springs and 12mm spacers.

Appreciate 1
      07-03-2015, 03:19 AM   #27
skipraider
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 BMW 335i

Them two subtle mods make all the difference.

So are these what you have, and did you have to get longer bolts?

Eibach 12mm spacers

And is there any difference between something like this, obviously apart from material. Which is best alloy or magnesium?

TPI spacers
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 04:56 PM   #28
jumperjohn
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipraider View Post
Them two subtle mods make all the difference.

So are these what you have, and did you have to get longer bolts?

Eibach 12mm spacers

And is there any difference between something like this, obviously apart from material. Which is best alloy or magnesium?

TPI spacers
Hello,

I used this company after a recommendation from this forum.

http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/categ...lPWYzMA==.html

They are priced well and delivery is good.

The site looks half done but easyish to navigate. After a chat they recommended the Ebach spacers and longer studs. They also offer a stud replacement kit instead of bolts.

http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/produ...tcF9pZD04.html

Also if you ring they will beat the prices you found, I think I paid £79 a pair?

The link you sent looks like the ones I have:

Eibach 12mm spacers

Don't forget a set of these to suite the new length.

http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/produ...pZD0xMTE=.html

Material wise, aluminium alloy if good enough.

Lots of links to look at!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #29
philiper1
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F21 M135i LCI

Garage List
Car looks great, now you need to get the footrest cover to go with your pedal covers
      07-04-2015, 03:50 AM   #30
skipraider
Captain
Rep

Thanks for the info John.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #31
matk
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330d F31

Thanks for the pics mate the stance looks great your car is exactly how i want my 330. ilbe getting the bits after xmas and having my wheels refurbed. I have a MG one.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 02:41 PM   #32
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Is the rear valance a genuine BMW item? I like it a lot!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 05:49 PM   #33
jumperjohn
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by k44ENT View Post
Is the rear valance a genuine BMW item? I like it a lot!
Hi,

Yes its a genuine M Performance rear diffuser. There are cheaper options but I wanted something that was easy to fit without the fettling.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 12:05 AM   #34
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumperjohn View Post
Hi,

Yes its a genuine M Performance rear diffuser. There are cheaper options but I wanted something that was easy to fit without the fettling.
Thanks, Ive looked at cheaper options and am worried about the fit, looks like I need to start saving for a genuine one then.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 07:12 AM   #35
skipraider
Captain
Rep

Insurance renewal time for me. Just got a quote with spacers on, which went from £240 for the cheapest to £464 for the cheapest with spacers. Went up to £445 with just suspension.

Almost double the price. Is it really that much of a risk.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 10:47 AM   #36
jumperjohn
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Makes me wonder in event of a claim how or why any insurance chap would inspect the car for springs.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #37
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Business As Usual John. Looks good.
      07-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #38
WullieD20
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipraider View Post
Insurance renewal time for me. Just got a quote with spacers on, which went from £240 for the cheapest to £464 for the cheapest with spacers. Went up to £445 with just suspension.

See my previous post somewhere else where I posted about my insurance renewal this week. I'm currently with Esure and have just had to pay an extra £32 for ACS springs, engine power upgrade and exhaust back box.

I thought that was pretty reasonable and shouldn't be an indication of postcode or age.. . .??
You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....F36, 435i Gran Coupe M-Sport Auto; Tanzanite Blue; ACS springs, ACS engine tuning upgrade; ASC rear exhaust box (non-export). Need NRFs!!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 04:19 PM   #39
skipraider
Captain
Rep

I'm with esure too, and surprisingly my renewal premium was a lot less than an online quote from them. It was the online quotes including esure which were going stupid.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 10:09 PM   #40
NickR85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330d X-Drive M Sport+

I'm with Adrian Flux (Markerstudy is the underwriter) as I had my modified S3 with them before my F31. They didn't increase the initial quote I got at all when I told them about the ACS springs. They told me they don't mind modifications as long as they are told about them. They also don't charge for changes such as adding a personalised plate mid term. Another point to note is I specifically asked about factory options as some companies require this, they stated "if it was on the car from the factory we don't need to know about it".
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 04:10 AM   #41
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipraider

Admiral Multicar insurance for my 330D went up by £21 (from £250) with my recent mods : springs, ARBs. There was no increase due to changing tyres (fitting non RFTs).
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 04:29 AM   #42
bwrlane
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i F31 MPPSK

A few questions about the Michelin PSS.

What is the cost of a full set? Where's best to get them? Ie would you get them done at Kwik Fit or similar? Does it bother you not being runflats and not having a spare wheel?

I have Bridgestone Potenza and one of them is looking at bit thin. I'm thinking of replacing the whole lot with the Michelins but have a couple of reservations due to their not being runflats.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #43
jumperjohn
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwrlane View Post

What is the cost of a full set? Where's best to get them? Ie would you get them done at Kwik Fit or similar? Does it bother you not being runflats and not having a spare wheel?

I have Bridgestone Potenza and one of them is looking at bit thin. I'm thinking of replacing the whole lot with the Michelins but have a couple of reservations due to their not being runflats.
I bought a full set from http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details...xl-zr#95657658

Approx £590 for 4, ordered Monday, delivery within 2 days. I had them fitted locally, I think I paid £70. Have a look locally for fitting, but you should be looking at most £660 all in, people have paid less.

Run flats are not good for you or your driving pleasure. The best investment you will make to improve the quality of ride will come from fitting non run flat tyres, a huge weight saving benefit and so many other positives, do a search on here lots of agreeable chat and not a single negative.

This is what you need to carry, or the AA or if your car is new you have BMW call out.

http://www.continental-tyres.co.uk/w...ortkit_en.html

I hope this helps.
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2015, 01:20 PM   #44
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumperjohn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwrlane View Post

I bought a full set from http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details...xl-zr#95657658

Approx £590 for 4, ordered Monday, delivery within 2 days. I had them fitted locally, I think I paid £70. Have a look locally for fitting, but you should be looking at most £660 all in, people have paid less.

Run flats are not good for you or your driving pleasure. The best investment you will make to improve the quality of ride will come from fitting non run flat tyres, a huge weight saving benefit and so many other positives, do a search on here lots of agreeable chat and not a single negative.

This is what you need to carry, or the AA or if your car is new you have BMW call out.

http://www.continental-tyres.co.uk/w...ortkit_en.html

I hope this helps.
Whatever you do, don't go straight to the high street fitters ie KwikFit. I bought via BlackCircles and paid £720 fully fitted because I didn't have the time to have tyres delivered to my home, research fit-only prices, and have tyres fitted on a different date to other works that were being carried out.

I've hated the ride quality on every BMW that's had RFTs. Get them off, fit decent rubber, have a backup solution (mobility kit or a space saver). Happiness awaits
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0