E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Remote car starter?

02-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #23
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by siphor1989 View Post
Yes you can remotely turn off the car.

You can easily program the remote starter to extend the takeover procedure.

I bought the idatastart BM1 kit and the only thing extra you need is the usb adapter to program the module itself. If you want the drone mobile app capabilities, then you need to get the drone add-on module.
siphor1989 Are you a dealer or installer? I ask cause I heard EVEN if we get everything we still have to have a log-in to program the module. Which makes me sad as I'm trying to avoid a dealer / install shop since they want $1200

You are the only person that has gotten me this far. Thank you for all your help.

So you have:
+--ADS-BM1=$488 // What is difference between it and the FLRSBM1?
+--OL-WLM-AN1 or FLWLMAN1 (flashlogic version) or ADS-WLM-AN1 (idatalink version) **NOTE** all 3 are THE SAME. Just different price points and all 3 do not require a laptop. Only an android. Is yours laptop based Siphor?
+--The drone module but which one is yours? There are 4 versions www.compustar.com/products/dronemobile/

Sorry for so many questions. It's just that no one has this except you it seems.
      02-22-2016, 01:18 PM   #24
siphor1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub View Post
siphor1989 Are you a dealer or installer? I ask cause I heard EVEN if we get everything we still have to have a log-in to program the module. Which makes me sad as I'm trying to avoid a dealer / install shop since they want $1200

You are the only person that has gotten me this far. Thank you for all your help.

So you have:
+--ADS-BM1=$488 // What is difference between it and the FLRSBM1?
+--OL-WLM-AN1 or FLWLMAN1 (flashlogic version) or ADS-WLM-AN1 (idatalink version) **NOTE** all 3 are THE SAME. Just different price points and all 3 do not require a laptop. Only an android. Is yours laptop based Siphor?
+--The drone module but which one is yours? There are 4 versions www.compustar.com/products/dronemobile/

Sorry for so many questions. It's just that no one has this except you it seems.
I am not a dealer or installer. You don't need to be a dealer to flash and program the remote starter module. Just goto http://www.idatalink.com/product/?productCategoryId=56, create an account, and you'll be able to flash the ADS-BM1 module with the ADS-USB cable.

So all you need is:
ADS-BM1
ADS-USB
DR-3400 (compustar drone mobile) OPTIONAL

The ADS-BM1 requires a laptop to flash but i'm sure there is an attachment you can buy that will allow you to use a smartphone to flash. I don't have any experience with the flash logic versions.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2016, 01:45 PM   #25
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by siphor1989 View Post
I am not a dealer or installer. You don't need to be a dealer to flash and program the remote starter module. Just goto http://www.idatalink.com/product/?productCategoryId=56, create an account, and you'll be able to flash the ADS-BM1 module with the ADS-USB cable.

So all you need is:
ADS-BM1
ADS-USB
DR-3400 (compustar drone mobile) OPTIONAL

The ADS-BM1 requires a laptop to flash but i'm sure there is an attachment you can buy that will allow you to use a smartphone to flash. I don't have any experience with the flash logic versions.
Thank you siphor1989