E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Tischer getbmwparts.com refund suggestions

03-30-2011, 11:20 PM   #23
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoupe View Post
This guy is completely unreasonable...I have NEVER seen a company issue a refund like Tischer is doing here. I have to give them props on that for sure. OP, stop acting like a spoiled little brat and either try again, find a different vendor, or STFU.
Lol...ur parents bought you your car right? I work 7 days a week and its a little hard to gedt off work and when I make time that week to start something and prep up my car I wanna gtet it done. Again if you don't know your info please stfu. You are only making this worse because I am not completely wrong here u dick.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 11:38 PM   #24
scooby9
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 BMW 335xi

Tischer has always been amazing for my dozen or so orders. The service is second to none and it looks like they took care of everything for you.
      03-31-2011, 02:23 AM   #25
TheZift
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Pre-LCI (E90)

lmao.... why is everyone making excuses for Tischer... They f'ed up. This is an open forum and the man is stating the truth.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 07:27 AM   #26
watever617
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby9 View Post
Tischer has always been amazing for my dozen or so orders. The service is second to none and it looks like they took care of everything for you.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #27
mycoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
Lol...ur parents bought you your car right? I work 7 days a week and its a little hard to gedt off work and when I make time that week to start something and prep up my car I wanna gtet it done. Again if you don't know your info please stfu. You are only making this worse because I am not completely wrong here u dick.
You're a douche. I'm 28, financed and pay for my car myself, I work 30+ hrs a week and go to school full time for mechanical engineering. So, needless to say my free time is probably in shorter order than yours, and even I wouldn't act like a little punk like you are in this case.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 10:03 AM   #28
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You're a douche. I'm 28, financed and pay for my car myself, I work 30+ hrs a week and go to school full time for mechanical engineering. So, needless to say my free time is probably in shorter order than yours, and even I wouldn't act like a little punk like you are in this case.
ok school full time...my friend went to va tech for ME and seemed like he had a lot of extra time on his hand so 30 hours on top of school probably like 60 hours of work a week? I work 90+ hours a week...in the last 4 years i have taken 2 days off. I bought about $8000 dollars worth of mods for my car to put in all in about 2 partial days because I dont get that much time off...not that I cant just give myself time off but because i cant because its my own business. I love working on my car but I just dont have the time. If this all happened about 7 years ago this would be different, but when a company tells me that the part should be at a certain time I sort of trust that...7-10 days I dont really expect 20 days ok?? and again I dont care about a refund...I just want my lip and this one fits perfect so i dont want to return it. its the color, but again thats way off. why cant I just take a pic of it and keep it and they just give me a partial refund so I can just get it painted locally?

seriously man...you are just making this worse for Tischer. I already apologized for being so haste about this thread and no longer wanted to talk bad about them. If they have just gotten it right the first time this wouldnt have been a problem, but again they assured me that this was going to be perfect. They were wrong 3 times during this whole transaction. First they didnt respond to my first email asking if my product was ready for shipping and eta. Second they told me the product is going to take 7-10 days to ship out (normally when they say this its more close to 5-7 days as this would be great customer service). Third they said they really havent had any problems color matching since they sold many of these lips, but in my case the color is way off like there is a purplish hue. And let me assure you that the color is not sparkling graphite and the color is as light as space gray.

But even so I normally dont get so upset over these small mistakes but I have been under a lot of pressure and stress here in my business plus on top of all this I have already had problems with a previous vendor for a lip...so this really didnt help. Anyway I want to keep this damn lip and not ship it back...I paid $170 or so for the paint job from Tischer, but I would even be willing to take back $120 for the shipping charges they would incur by me shipping it back and the shipping it costed to get it to me so I can get it painted locally which would be about $200. I dont know how big the company is but if its an independent store that these guys own then this is very possible. I know there are rules and procedures to any company, but most of the time just 1 store run independently can make changes to some rules to offer better customer service.

So again stop being a dick and try to help with the situation. I was a little abrupt with my actions, but I was not wrong here for getting a little disgruntled.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 10:07 AM   #29
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZift View Post
lmao.... why is everyone making excuses for Tischer... They f'ed up. This is an open forum and the man is stating the truth.
Thank you for understanding. I am stating the truth and they did screw up a little. But I still do apologize to Tischer for being so haste with my decision to put this thread up as this may have hindered there reputation ever so slightly. But this shouldnt have really caused any damage to there name as there post sale service is still top notch, just not how I wanted it handled in my situation. There name is so big in these forums it should be fine, but again sorry guys for being so speedy with this thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 11:05 AM   #30
sLik
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 328xi

Quote:
immature.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #31
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLik View Post
immature.
have you even read the entire thread?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #32
mycoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6spd

Quote:
have you even read the entire thread?
even if he has, you haven't made yourself look good...AT ALL. /thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 12:58 PM   #33
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
even if he has, you haven't made yourself look good...AT ALL. /thread.
yeah because you are over here telling me how wrong i am yet i actually am not. and this thread was not about making myself look or not because i really dont care. I made this thread to see what other way I could go about getting my lip...i do not want to send it back and have to wait for another one.

no matter how much you defend yourself or this company both were wrong here.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #34
vincentvega222
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

LOL

OP post pics?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 04:27 PM   #35
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I will...its still raining and just got my car back today from dealer
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #36
Lenaxia
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi 6MT

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I still don't buy that it's the wrong color.

If your car has a purple hue then I'm 90% certain its sparking graphite metallic and NOT space grey metallic, because there is no such color as Space Grey Metallic.

Not to mention, I have Sparking Graphite Metallic and it has the purple hue you're talking about.

The fact that you sent them a "name" instead of the color code is also probably a source of error.

A22 is Sparking Graphite Metallic. The Space Grey that you're talking about? That's a non metallic color (meaning no sparkly things in the paint). give us a picture of your color code under your hood as well. Should be a white label there.

+1 on douche, shit happens, they fixed it, quit bitching like a little girl; and before you insult me on how I got my car, paid cash from my own pocket for it, work full time as a chip designer at a major tech company and take 12 credits of classes at night for shits and giggles, so cry me a river. AND I still have time to do all my homework, be an avid cyclist and photographer and be OCD about how shiney my car is and wash it every week and volunteer at a hospital.
      03-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #37
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenaxia View Post
I still don't buy that it's the wrong color.

If your car has a purple hue then I'm 90% certain its sparking graphite metallic and NOT space grey metallic, because there is no such color as Space Grey Metallic.

Not to mention, I have Sparking Graphite Metallic and it has the purple hue you're talking about.

The fact that you sent them a "name" instead of the color code is also probably a source of error.

A22 is Sparking Graphite Metallic. The Space Grey that you're talking about? That's a non metallic color (meaning no sparkly things in the paint). give us a picture of your color code under your hood as well. Should be a white label there.

+1 on douche, shit happens, they fixed it, quit bitching like a little girl; and before you insult me on how I got my car, paid cash from my own pocket for it, work full time as a chip designer at a major tech company and take 12 credits of classes at night for shits and giggles, so cry me a river. AND I still have time to do all my homework, be an avid cyclist and photographer and be OCD about how shiney my car is and wash it every week and volunteer at a hospital.
Seriously why is everyone thinking im wrong here? I have every right to be mad but as a business person I did act a little hastily. But in all seriousness I did nothing wrong here. Mistakes happen, but now its ok for mistakes and I cant be upset about it? I even apologized for being so abrupt about everything and you still bashing me? And the only reason why I even brought up the fact about that kids car being bought by his parents is saying im a little spoiled brat...when in all likelihood its he who is the spoiled one. But whooptidoo about all the hours you put in...thats you and not me. Like I said I have about an hour of time for myself a day and I have had 2 days off in 4 years...im pretty sure my standings a little different than yours. Either way to prove to you also that you should stop making things worse by involving yourself in situations you have no clue about...here are the pics. So much for space gray isnt metallic...not only does it say space gray metallic you can actually see in the paint that there are "Sparkly Things" in the paint.

Let me remind everyone that its 10 times worse in daylight and in person. The picture only tells half the story since its sort of shaded by flash.

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #38
Lenaxia
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I stand corrected in the space gray metallic.

Interesting. Wonder if it was a batch of bad paint then.

Can't read it on my phone but is the color code for that a57?
      03-31-2011, 08:23 PM   #39
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

A52/7 whatever that means.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #40
Lenaxia
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
That is the color code that BMW uses to categorize it's colors.

Next time you order parts from anywhere you should give them this number instead of saying space gray metallic as it is more concise and accurate. Any reputable retailer will look up the code from a book of BMW colors and take care of the rest for you.

Regardless the paint match should not be that far off. Tischer is an actual BMW dealer and has a really good reputation here. There is no question they are the real thing.

I highly suspect it was a slip in their paint shops quality control where a bad batch of mixing got through which is prob why they've taken care of everything at no cost to you besides time.

Quote:
Quote:

A52/7 whatever that means.
      03-31-2011, 10:05 PM   #41
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

sucks that happend. i know how bad it feels to be waited that long and not getting what you wanted. it's not about getting your money back or not at that point. You simply wanted that part to be installed in your car and looking perfect. I know you are frustrated but shit happens, just be glad guys from Tischer are more than amazing when it comes to customer service, you don't really get that kind of support from a company that big. Just send'em back to them, wait few more weeks ( i know it's hard ) and you will get perfectly matched lip. Your car is still drivable without the lip so just pretend like it's on there for now
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #42
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
sucks that happend. i know how bad it feels to be waited that long and not getting what you wanted. it's not about getting your money back or not at that point. You simply wanted that part to be installed in your car and looking perfect. I know you are frustrated but shit happens, just be glad guys from Tischer are more than amazing when it comes to customer service, you don't really get that kind of support from a company that big. Just send'em back to them, wait few more weeks ( i know it's hard ) and you will get perfectly matched lip. Your car is still drivable without the lip so just pretend like it's on there for now
thanks man...yeah i know its driveable. well good thing i got everything else done though...the lip is very easy to put on anyway =). but seriously i wish they would just give me like about $120 or so off and ill take the extra $100 hit and get it repainted here.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #43
pnutty
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
thanks man...yeah i know its driveable. well good thing i got everything else done though...the lip is very easy to put on anyway =). but seriously i wish they would just give me like about $120 or so off and ill take the extra $100 hit and get it repainted here.
Totally understand what you mean by wanting a partial refund so you can get the paint fixed locally. Sadly they most likely have outsourced the paint so they would need the lip back to get a refund on their end.
Sadly its a loose loose situation due to problems in the paint dept. Like creaminz said, @ least its a part on the car that wont affect if you can drive it or not.
@ least you don't need to worry about going up and down driveways for another week or two
      04-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #44
Got Euro ?
Here Comes The Boom
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

This is what happens when you paint an ITEM thats not on the car, plain and simple and it happens all the time. Its hit or miss , ANY bodyshop will tell you that and you should of known that n00b