home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

06-04-2023, 02:54 PM   #23
DivergedM2
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Not ashamed to say I did, 5k. The dealer dropped it on me 3 days before the signed buyers order. #1 spot and I was slightly cornered... but I still wanted the car so nbd. If I wasn't in the green on my 23' G80 (sold privately), maybe I'd be more salty about it.
Appreciate 2
cmgbk752639.00
JustinHEMI7453.00
      06-04-2023, 05:24 PM   #24
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivergedM2 View Post
Not ashamed to say I did, 5k. The dealer dropped it on me 3 days before the signed buyers order. #1 spot and I was slightly cornered... but I still wanted the car so nbd. If I wasn't in the green on my 23' G80 (sold privately), maybe I'd be more salty about it.
I was wondering to myself the entire time if my dealership was gonna pull some last minute bullshit like that. They told me upfront that they only mark up models like the CSL and they’ve never marked up regular M cars but I was still skeptical throughout the process after reading several stories like yours. Kudos to the dealership I did business with because they kept their word which I wouldn’t have thought was such a big deal but things are different in today’s climate.
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2023, 05:30 PM   #25
Bimmer Pleaser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivergedM2 View Post
Only person brave enough to admit paying over. Majority of dealers I've talked to are asking thousands over MSRP even if ordered. I mean why wouldn't you? Used ones are going for way over MSRP.
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2023, 06:28 PM   #26
DivergedM2
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Pleaser View Post
Only person brave enough to admit paying over. Majority of dealers I've talked to are asking thousands over MSRP even if ordered. I mean why wouldn't you? Used ones are going for way over MSRP.
I think it will calm down at some point...but yeah, on the forums and facebook groups the sentiment is that it's somehow easy to get MSRP. Sure, if you want to wait a year it might be but for a lot of early cars, you either got lucky with a non-scummy dealer or paid a tiny bit more.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2023, 11:36 PM   #27
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire81 View Post
the starting price is $104k where i live
Here's what everybody should tell that stealership ...

DrJLag420799.00
      06-05-2023, 12:51 AM   #28
sacowich
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6sp

I’ll admit I paid over on HEA car. They wanted 10K, ended up paying 5K over.
Traded in manual 2018 F80. I also know they made plenty profit on that re-sale. They listed it for over 60K and it was gone in a day.
Oh well…
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 12:55 AM   #29
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Myanager has talked a big talk of 10k over, but so far everyone on my waiting list is as MSRP. Weird, because me, an employee, is also at MSRP. lol. Oh well. At least I have my allocation now.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more people are paying ADM even if they dont admit it on an open forum like this.

One more thing to consider. Anyone choosing to be on a longer waiting list at MSRP will see a price hike for MY 2024. How much more? I'm guessing at least 2-3k. That alone makes paying more for a 2023 sooner worth it in my book. It at least makes it a little easier to accept for those that have paid it.
Appreciate 2
Squidget3538.00
      06-05-2023, 02:05 AM   #30
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87, 2011 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx-7ames View Post
Myanager has talked a big talk of 10k over, but so far everyone on my waiting list is as MSRP. Weird, because me, an employee, is also at MSRP. lol. Oh well. At least I have my allocation now.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more people are paying ADM even if they dont admit it on an open forum like this.

One more thing to consider. Anyone choosing to be on a longer waiting list at MSRP will see a price hike for MY 2024. How much more? I'm guessing at least 2-3k. That alone makes paying more for a 2023 sooner worth it in my book. It at least makes it a little easier to accept for those that have paid it.

Congrats on your alloc!

I do not understand the baggage about ADM personally, that's capitalism baby. The car is either worth it what you gotta pay, or it isn't, and a label doesn't change that.

I shopped multiple dealers, and dropped a deposit back in Feb 22, and worked with my CA through the whole process, and that "earned" me an MSRP and a first in line alloc. I did the legwork, I feel no guilt about it.

But if every dealer had added an ADM because that was how the market was, I would have felt no anger paying it. Or if the final price was too high, I would have bought something else. It's just how the game is.

Sure, obviously, if a dealer misrepresents something, or breaks promises, that's a totally different thing.
Appreciate 4
Rx-7ames1909.50
Bobh5952.00
Buketz131.00
      06-05-2023, 07:29 AM   #31
RemoWilliams84
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 ZB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidget View Post
Congrats on your alloc!

I do not understand the baggage about ADM personally, that's capitalism baby. The car is either worth it what you gotta pay, or it isn't, and a label doesn't change that.

I shopped multiple dealers, and dropped a deposit back in Feb 22, and worked with my CA through the whole process, and that "earned" me an MSRP and a first in line alloc. I did the legwork, I feel no guilt about it.

But if every dealer had added an ADM because that was how the market was, I would have felt no anger paying it. Or if the final price was too high, I would have bought something else. It's just how the game is.

Sure, obviously, if a dealer misrepresents something, or breaks promises, that's a totally different thing.
I don't know why people accept it on something like a car, but if you went into walmart and they had a $100 markup on an xbox or something people would go nuts.
Appreciate 2
      06-05-2023, 07:45 AM   #32
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Congrats on your alloc!

I agree with your points but for me it's principle. I never have, and I never will, pay an ADM. If, like you say, every dealer had an ADM and that was the only way into an M2, then I would not be enjoying an M2 right now. I would simply wait until I can get one at a discount a few years later like I did on my F87.

It's why I'll likely never own a P car.

Point is, that's just ME. I don't fault the capitalistic system that may lead to ADMs, I personally wouldn't elect to participate. And yeah, I would be sore about it, but not fault it.
      06-05-2023, 07:59 AM   #33
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post
I don't know why people accept it on something like a car, but if you went into walmart and they had a $100 markup on an xbox or something people would go nuts.

Ahhh, but different stores in different locations do charge differently. Same with Publix grocery stores here in Florida. They have different "grades" if stores based in kication and the prices if many products differ from those locations.
Appreciate 1
Squidget3538.00
      06-05-2023, 09:29 AM   #34
Zatellia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 ZB (Manual)

I am not against ADM however it would really depend on the amount and the wait time. If they had it at the dealer and it was the only one in the state and had a 6 month wait to build one ... I would pay over MSRP to get it right then, but I probably wouldn't pay more the 5k more. That's just me, and I got mine at just under MSRP due to incentives.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 09:41 AM   #35
79 911SC
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i, 2023 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurdem View Post
MSRP, no haggling. BMW Portland.
Same. They originally wanted $5k over but I said no. A few months later they said Management decided to sell at MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 10:00 AM   #36
mrjbb77
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC, GT3RS, Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
I agree with your points but for me it's principle. I never have, and I never will, pay an ADM. If, like you say, every dealer had an ADM and that was the only way into an M2, then I would not be enjoying an M2 right now. I would simply wait until I can get one at a discount a few years later like I did on my F87.

It's why I'll likely never own a P car.

Point is, that's just ME. I don't fault the capitalistic system that may lead to ADMs, I personally wouldn't elect to participate. And yeah, I would be sore about it, but not fault it.
I understand what you're saying and I hate paying ADM for anything, but sometimes you have to pay to play. I paid 15K over for my 992 GT3 manual order, being a high spec and I've owned a plethora of P cars which didn't matter to almost any dealer I spoke to back then. All in all I'd pay ADM on it again.

I've had my car for almost 2 years whilst still very in the green market wise and I've added thousands of miles and fun factor versus some guys waiting for MSRP and still waiting until next year if they even get an allocation, which at this point is not likely.

I would never pay an ADM for anything other than a Porsche GT car.

ABSOLUTELY Love your review post Justin BTW!! I was just reading it again lol!

I didn't pay over MSRP for my HEA M2, actually under with the loyalty discount etc. But I was searching for a good while calling dealerships everywhere, I only found a handful not asking for ADM on the M2, the ratio, if I had to guess, was 6 out of 35+ dealerships I contacted were taking deposits at MSRP, and those had a 20+ waiting list which came out to about a 2 year wait.

So I know with certainty there are ALOT more people here that paid ADM than they're willing to admit. The M2 is going above MSRP at auctions all over the US, haven't seen one listed on social media or a private car guru/auto trader sale under or at msrp yet.

Best I found was at 2 dealerships thousands of miles apart, both had just gotten an allocation, both wanted 5k over (NON-Negotiable) one I was the only one on the list and all other M2's they had delivered were between 5-10K ADM, the other one doesn't take deposits or have a list, but as a previous client they'd "expedite" me for 5K ADM. The dealer charges 10K msrp when on the ground as almost all of their M2's they're specing themselves and they don't negotiate.

It's wild out there, but many are paying over MSRP for sure.
Squidget3538.00
      06-05-2023, 10:08 AM   #37
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjbb77 View Post
I understand what you're saying and I hate paying ADM for anything, but sometimes you have to pay to play. I paid 15K over for my 992 GT3 manual order, being a high spec and I've owned a plethora of P cars which didn't matter to almost any dealer I spoke to back then. All in all I'd pay ADM on it again.

I've had my car for almost 2 years whilst still very in the green market wise and I've added thousands of miles and fun factor versus some guys waiting for MSRP and still waiting until next year if they even get an allocation, which at this point is not likely.

I would never pay an ADM for anything other than a Porsche GT car.

ABSOLUTELY Love your review post Justin BTW!! I was just reading it again lol!

I didn't pay over MSRP for my HEA M2, actually under with the loyalty discount etc. But I was searching for a good while calling dealerships everywhere, I only found a handful not asking for ADM on the M2, the ratio, if I had to guess, was 6 out of 35+ dealerships I contacted were taking deposits at MSRP, and those had a 20+ waiting list which came out to about a 2 year wait.

So I know with certainty there are ALOT more people here that paid ADM than they're willing to admit. The M2 is going above MSRP at auctions all over the US, haven't seen one listed on social media or a private car guru/auto trader sale under or at msrp yet.

Best I found was at 2 dealerships thousands of miles apart, both had just gotten an allocation, both wanted 5k over (NON-Negotiable) one I was the only one on the list and all other M2's they had delivered were between 5-10K ADM, the other one doesn't take deposits or have a list, but as a previous client they'd "expedite" me for 5K ADM. The dealer charges 10K msrp when on the ground as almost all of their M2's they're specing themselves and they don't negotiate.

It's wild out there, but many are paying over MSRP for sure.

I say I wouldn't pay ADM on a P car because even at MSRP I can't afford one. I suppose I could if I abandoned my savings goals, but I digress. If I had much more disposable income, perhaps the ADM wouldn't even be a hesitation for me. And that's really the point, people need to do what they're comfortable with and not be faulted for it. I would never fault anyone for paying ADM on the M2 or any other car so long as they're happy and comfortable with their situation.
      06-05-2023, 10:32 AM   #38
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87, 2011 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
Ahhh, but different stores in different locations do charge differently. Same with Publix grocery stores here in Florida. They have different "grades" if stores based in kication and the prices if many products differ from those locations.
And gasoline has an ADM that changes every day based on supply and demand.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 10:42 AM   #39
mrjbb77
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC, GT3RS, Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
I say I wouldn't pay ADM on a P car because even at MSRP I can't afford one. I suppose I could if I abandoned my savings goals, but I digress. If I had much more disposable income, perhaps the ADM wouldn't even be a hesitation for me. And that's really the point, people need to do what they're comfortable with and not be faulted for it. I would never fault anyone for paying ADM on the M2 or any other car so long as they're happy and comfortable with their situation.
Agreed! Do what you're comfortable with. The shaming for wanting your car now and enjoying it needs to stop. It's your hard earned money, do as you please with it and enjoy what you have!
      06-05-2023, 10:56 AM   #40
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
And gasoline has an ADM that changes every day based on supply and demand.

And from the same "brand" (ie Chevron) from station to station based on location.
Appreciate 2
Squidget3538.00
Carefree1770.50
      09-14-2023, 07:32 PM   #41
Nightshifter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

2K over MSRP for 2023 Zandvroot Blue M2 Auto. Difficult to find and forget ordering a 2023. Dealer was telling there's a waiting list on the 2024 M2 and everyone in transit is actually an order. If a customer backs out, they'll notify the next in line on the list. 2k wasn't bad at all really... was for the ceramic coating =)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 07:59 PM   #42
TheDrivenGarage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82, BMW M2 G87 (Order)

Got mine for MSRP and more and more are popping up ready to go for MSRP, so definit3ly don't pay ADM. You can get into one for MSRP and not have to even wait long if you are active on the forums and Facebook groups.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 08:05 PM   #43
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshifter View Post
2K over MSRP for 2023 Zandvroot Blue M2 Auto. Difficult to find and forget ordering a 2023. Dealer was telling there's a waiting list on the 2024 M2 and everyone in transit is actually an order. If a customer backs out, they'll notify the next in line on the list. 2k wasn't bad at all really... was for the ceramic coating =)
If you paid for a service, that’s not markup. Is it?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 08:06 PM   #44
2SG5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M Comp

Original guy who ordered the car couldn't take it, dealer listed it and I picked it up at msrp. My dealer doesn't charge ADM's on anything.
Appreciate 0