E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big thanks - Makkan

03-06-2015, 06:19 AM   #23
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspo View Post
Am Visiting the 'Big Man' next weekend. Sam is continuing his great work on my car! Can't wait.

Only down side is that i have talked up Lakeside shopping complex so much my Darling Wife wants to come. Might just loose the credit card in Ireland this weekend, i'll leave the pin number attached to it!!

The finder will spend less than my wife will next weekend!!!!!

Looking forward to see your car. Lets hope she does not spend too much.
      03-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #24
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

another thumbs up for Mak. travelled over 300 miles both ways to have CIC retrofitted today from standard radio and wow what a difference. no problems at all and i highly doubt ill run into any either. service is beyond excellent and genuinely a nice guy
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 04:59 AM   #25
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj
another thumbs up for Mak. travelled over 300 miles both ways to have CIC retrofitted today from standard radio and wow what a difference. no problems at all and i highly doubt ill run into any either. service is beyond excellent and genuinely a nice guy
Thanks for feedback.
Pleasure meeting you and remember its just a start.
You can mod that car much more.... (313s going on soon and so on)
      04-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #26
mattycook
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 - 2009 White

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ9898 View Post
Thanks alot for that. Much appreciated. I'm looking for sound quality, i imagine the above kit will bring with it a little improved volume over the standard Hi-Fi equipment anyway.

Is it generally considered necessary to run in new speaker cables or do people run their new components and underseat subs from the OEM BMW wiring?
Russ/Mak

A bit of advice if possible please

Have been considering similar upgrades to the above as well as the potential of a rainbow il-c8.3 kit with XD600 amp. As of today I was hoping to just use a harness and connect the amp to the existing OEM wiring but I noticed that you'd mentioned that russ would need to rewire the underseats to low pass them. Is this the same for all kits or just the Gladens because they are 2ohm? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:31 PM   #27
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattycook View Post
Russ/Mak

A bit of advice if possible please

Have been considering similar upgrades to the above as well as the potential of a rainbow il-c8.3 kit with XD600 amp. As of today I was hoping to just use a harness and connect the amp to the existing OEM wiring but I noticed that you'd mentioned that russ would need to rewire the underseats to low pass them. Is this the same for all kits or just the Gladens because they are 2ohm? Thanks
New wires should be installed to run the underseats on a separate channel so you can low pass them.
      04-07-2015, 03:06 PM   #28
mattycook
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 - 2009 White

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
New wires should be installed to run the underseats on a separate channel so you can low pass them.
Thanks Sam much appreciated. Just out of interest have you had any experience of the rainbow il-c8.3 kit? I'm toying between this and Gladens - local installer has recommended the rainbows but I have no experience of either.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #29
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattycook View Post
Thanks Sam much appreciated. Just out of interest have you had any experience of the rainbow il-c8.3 kit? I'm toying between this and Gladens - local installer has recommended the rainbows but I have no experience of either.
No, I have not used Rainbow.
Local installer will recommend the product where their profit margin is more.
Looking at Rainbow drivers, they look nice and clean.

I have heard multiple drivers and each and every one of them have pros and cons. There is nothing which is best in all aspects.
      08-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #30
DEE83
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 - 325i

Hi Mak,

Hope you well, after stalking the forum for a while you've been recommended as the audio go to guy in Essex.

I've recently fitted the following equipment below in my e93 convertible and I think & feel like I am not using the system to it's full potential.

1. MB Quart Nsc475 4ch Amp
1. MB Quart Nsc750 Mono Amp
1. MB Quart PWH 302 • 12" Dual 2-ohm Subwoofer
1. MB Quart QM200.3BMW BMW Component Speaker System

I was hoping you could give me a price to reinstall and tune the equipment above in order to get the most out of it.

Look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 05:22 AM   #31
dest
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E91 320d M Sport

He's been off the radar for the last few months
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 10:05 AM   #32
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

He's gone mate
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 03:25 PM   #33
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha
He's gone mate
Gone where?
As not responding to any posts on here etc not posted since Feb. No response to pm either.

Which is a shame as was a good guy !
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 01:48 AM   #34
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
As not responding to any posts on here etc not posted since Feb. No response to pm either.

Which is a shame as was a good guy !
iirc I think has moved onto a different marquee or there was a thread where he was looking to move abroad

nevertheless mak was/is the man for coding/retrofits/advice
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 04:06 PM   #35
DEE-83
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWebster View Post
Over two years ago I spent a lot of money at Audiofile - http://www.audiofile-incar.co.uk

Since then, pretty much every time I have driven my car it's annoyed me that my stereo did not sound as it should. The parts and installation were good, arguably the sub wasn't ideal for my boot and i've changed it and if you are going to fit a digital EQ you should know how to set it up.. but anwyay.

I spent a while trying to sort this myself, but lack of knowledge / time / basis to gauge progress against meant I was unable to do this to the right level.

On thursday I met with Makkan, and in about two hours he was able to fully tune and set everything up, and it now sounds amazing, for the first time in years I take the long way everywhere, just so I can enjoy it.

Mak, I made two minor changes to your config, drop fronts by 1db on the bit-ten and set sub to normal phase, this has made it sound the same as what we sampled when the vehicle was stationary, when moving.. And a tiny bit more bass - overall though I am over the moon..

Thanks Bud

Going to revive an old thread sorry all, however any chance you could share your Bit 10 settings, should you still the the same set up as described.

Thanks
Appreciate 0