E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Light Weight Flywheel Options - N52

05-11-2023, 05:26 AM   #23
jonwilli
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E81 130i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
Ressurecting an old thread because I just installed the JB Racing Lightwheel Flywheel (12lbs).
Looks good!! What clutch did you go with?

I have a TTV Racing SMF (6kg) and ACT sprung performance clutch to go on my 130i in the coming month or two.

One improvement to the chatter would be to ask Bob to raise you idle to 850 to 900 rpm. I did this on my N54 and it greatly reduced the chatter in neutral at idle.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 08:46 AM   #24
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwilli View Post
Looks good!! What clutch did you go with?

I have a TTV Racing SMF (6kg) and ACT sprung performance clutch to go on my 130i in the coming month or two.

One improvement to the chatter would be to ask Bob to raise you idle to 850 to 900 rpm. I did this on my N54 and it greatly reduced the chatter in neutral at idle.
I went with this kit from ECS tuning. I didn't feel the need for a clutch upgrade as the original one has done me very well and its not like I'm putting down much more power vs. stock. I figured I needed one and might as well while swap it while in there, but the original clutch (almost 300k kms) had lots of life left.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 09:56 AM   #25
jonwilli
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E81 130i

I didn't need my clutch to hold more power but wanted a sprung clutch to remove some of the chatter. I would imagine if you had a sprung clutch and raised idle to 850 rpm you wouldn't notice much of a change from a DMF

https://www.advancedclutch.com/produ...-street-sprung
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 02:49 PM   #26
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwilli View Post
I didn't need my clutch to hold more power but wanted a sprung clutch to remove some of the chatter. I would imagine if you had a sprung clutch and raised idle to 850 rpm you wouldn't notice much of a change from a DMF

https://www.advancedclutch.com/produ...-street-sprung
I did not know this was even a thing, oops. It's really a non issue for me as the car only gets used for track events. It does sound like a tractor at the lights though lol
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 08:36 AM   #27
JimmyBimmers
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 E90 LCI

Volasko I got a question for you my friend , I've recently got this flywheel as well. Did you install the pilot bearing somehow ?? I was so rushed on putting my car back together in the freezing cold earlier this year and I couldn't figure that part out so I reluctantly went ahead an finished installing the flywheel along with a new clutch and pressure plate. I'm now about to bleed my clutch and get my car going again after many months but I'd really love to know what you did in regards of the pilot bearing.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 09:15 AM   #28
JimmyBimmers
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyBimmers View Post
Volasko I got a question for you my friend , I've recently got this flywheel as well. Did you install the pilot bearing somehow ?? I was so rushed on putting my car back together in the freezing cold earlier this year and I couldn't figure that part out so I reluctantly went ahead an finished installing the flywheel along with a new clutch and pressure plate. I'm now about to bleed my clutch and get my car going again after many months but I'd really love to know what you did in regards of the pilot bearing.
Edit- just now realized I asked you this on one of your YouTube videos and you replied that a shop did the whole install so you don't know but thank you anyway. If anybody knows how to go about this let me know plz lol
Appreciate 0