First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justagoodguy View Post
Front : 245/40/19 Michelin PS5 with 9J et 25 + 5mm spacer
Rear 275/35/19 Michelin PS5 with 10J et 35 without spacer
Looks & feels great, but only with front spacer
I am guessing the fronts were clearing the OEM coilovers without spacers?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 11:00 AM   #24
Fer240
Registered
Rep
Drives: M240i

anyone knows if this model of coils fit also on m240i RWD? or is only for Xdrive?

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 09:00 AM   #25
Troy1972
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fer240 View Post
anyone knows if this model of coils fit also on m240i RWD? or is only for Xdrive?

thanks!
There is also a RWD version.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:01 AM   #26
Fer240
Registered
Rep
Drives: M240i

did u have the rear suspension thumb with stock suspension? did the coils fix it? i hate that sound and im willing to spend on coils if this fix it
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #27
TJZ67201
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fer240 View Post
did u have the rear suspension thumb with stock suspension? did the coils fix it? i hate that sound and im willing to spend on coils if this fix it
Not OP and I haven’t installed these on my car YET, but I drove BoilerM’s car (local to my area) who has the Bilsteins and can confirm the thump is gone. He did have the thump before installing. I’ve mentioned this a couple times on the infamous thump thread, but I will definitely be installing these before fall - thump only noticeable in colder weather for me.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #28
PNTDG42
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G42, F97 LCI, EBA R35, Z34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
thump only noticeable in colder weather for me.
Interesting. Zero improvement in the warm weather for mine. I wonder if yours healed
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:13 PM   #29
AlexC2er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1972 View Post
I thought it might be a good idea to make a separate thread for this since I read a lot of owners are struggling with choosing a new coilover system.

So I bought my M240i about 6 months ago, loved the car except the suspension. I had Eibach springs installed on OEM adaptive suspension but besides giving it good looks the car drove like $hit compared to my 2016 M4.

Now I preferred keeping the EDC and I like a sporty ride so the Bilstein EVO SE was the way to go and compared to Ohlins without EDC this one was even a bit cheaper.

I also changed the standard Pirelli's to Michelin 4S and had the car alligned and boy this move made it a completely different car.

Sporty, comfortable, hard or superhard is all subjective so where I drove my M4 in sport all day someone else find comfort mode too hard so I wont go too much into that
But the driving performance, the steering improvement and the handling are on a completely different level.
Where before the upgrade the nose of the car stayed behind in steering into curves this completely changed now.

The standard suspension was way too soft for the weight of the car and while being ok in daily driving the car felt dangerously unstable in fast and consecutive curves.

By the way, the EVO series is the same as the G20 so dont worry about this coilover not being available for the G42.

The height is adjustable but I put it on the same height as the Eibach springs. I will attach a fast phone pic.
That looks awesome. Does this mean all Evo series that works with the g20 will work with the g42? I’m looking at the evo t1 and t2 and thinking of using that as my setup and I want to hit the track more and the suspension is way too soft.
Appreciate 0