E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > E92 Drift Machines?

04-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #23
john0213
The Allergy Season
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 Blk Saph. 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWalltheway View Post
WTF was that?

"hardly ne NORMAL person....not dk or ne thing
would use a 350z cuz its expensive............
let alone a 335i....."

Translation:

Hardly any normal person...not (i seriously don't know what the hell this is) or anything would use a 350z becasue it is expensive, let alone a 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #24
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Quote:
Originally Posted by hum3a View Post
with an LSD its possible

my friends with e46 and e36 M3's do it all the time... its actually pretty easy in bmw cars with a 50:50 balance and a good torque curve with lsd. it eats your tires up though so i only do it when it rains/snows.

drift on man
That video gave me a hardon, and not cause of the dude

I need a LSD bad...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #25
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuVan View Post
hardly ne NORMAL person....not dk or ne thing
let alone a 335i.....
Sean Boswell FTW!

Brownie points for anyone who gets what I'm referring to.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #26
JO3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by john0213 View Post
"hardly ne NORMAL person....not dk or ne thing
let alone a 335i....."

Translation:

Hardly any normal person...not (i seriously don't know what the hell this is) or anything would use a 350z becasue it is expensive, let alone a 335i
dk = Drift King (Mr. Keiichi Tsuchiya)

or maybe donkey kong?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #27
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post
Apparenlty some of you guys miss read the question. I didnt ask are E92's the best drift cars. I asked, if anyone here has moded their e92 for drifting? and yea hommie, i know e92 didnt come with LSD so i also asked what kind of LSD you drifters out there are packing?

And other than $$$ factors, for those of you who say 3-series make bad drift cars dont know ya facts. they dont get a alot of face time in D1 drift and all that, but in europe, they're considered one of the best.

out-
Vanilla ice, is that you?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #28
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
LOL soo true. Most street driven "drift cars" are all extremely banged up. Its not easy learning to take your car sideways through turns without getting into some accidents haha.
LOL dude, I remember seeing an episode of show on MTV..I forget the name, but the show is about a car shop that gets cars for celebs and such. This was right before Tokyo Drift came out. Bow Wow was going to be in L.A. and he wanted a drift car to drive while in town. The shop casted an audition and all the cars that showed up were actual cars owned by kids....primer paint jobs, stickers, dinged panels..the shop guys were like "WTF are these cars". I was laughing pretty hard.

They ended up going with a fixed up drift S2000 I think, from a car shop that used it as a project car.

People are already having hard enough time to keep the E9x running OK w/o abusing it, let alone drifting.

Most modern cars are not good for drifting because 1. they're heavy, 2. they're too advanced technologically.

You just gotta find a 240, Miata, etc. and gut the hell out of it. Just get some good suspension on it and if you have enough skill, you'll be hanging with the better drivers out there and won't mess up like say, Nick Hogan.

I love the trends in America though. With drifting such a popular sport..everyone and their mom wants an Ae86 now, thinking they're all Takumi's.

Drifting is a very $$ sport, shit breaks...not to mention that you will need to change tires A LOT.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #29
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
LOL dude, I remember seeing an episode of show on MTV..I forget the name, but the show is about a car shop that gets cars for celebs and such. This was right before Tokyo Drift came out. Bow Wow was going to be in L.A. and he wanted a drift car to drive while in town. The shop casted an audition and all the cars that showed up were actual cars owned by kids....primer paint jobs, stickers, dinged panels..the shop guys were like "WTF are these cars". I was laughing pretty hard.

They ended up going with a fixed up drift S2000 I think, from a car shop that used it as a project car.

People are already having hard enough time to keep the E9x running OK w/o abusing it, let alone drifting.

Most modern cars are not good for drifting because 1. they're heavy, 2. they're too advanced technologically.

You just gotta find a 240, Miata, etc. and gut the hell out of it. Just get some good suspension on it and if you have enough skill, you'll be hanging with the better drivers out there and won't mess up like say, Nick Hogan.

I love the trends in America though. With drifting such a popular sport..everyone and their mom wants an Ae86 now, thinking they're all Takumi's.

Drifting is a very $$ sport, shit breaks...not to mention that you will need to change tires A LOT.
Hahahahaah i remember that show and that episode. It was hilarious. People came out with all these banged up cars with different colors on every panel and when "showing off" to see if there skills, 2 of them hit each other lol.
      04-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #30
Carlito12
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i 6MT TiAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO3 View Post
dk = Drift King (Mr. Keiichi Tsuchiya)

or maybe donkey kong?
or from this movie ... i think they called this dude DK...
Attached Images

JB3 KW V2 i-Forged Senekas & ETC
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #31
E92_335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post
i got a headache reading that post...
its cuz he's 15 scott
      04-11-2008, 01:11 AM   #32
roy@gambitmotorsport
Something Else
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito12 View Post
or from this movie ... i think they called this dude DK...
Notice the fishermen at the wharf in that movie, with their Shakespearean commentary on the lead actor's growing ability to drift? One of them was Tsuchiya. The actors themselves don't drive. The most active stunt driver for the movie was Rhys Millen - like the circle around the Skyline and the slide up the parking structure. Hope this isn't lame. Just trying to add something useful to the topic...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #33
judec
born to be turbocharged
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: Not a bimmer yet

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 08:10 AM   #34
judec
born to be turbocharged
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: Not a bimmer yet

I cant agree with some of the statements here. First of all the big truth - drifting is not about the car, it's about the driver. Why would be a mustang a better drift car like a e9X? it is not, but it drifts like crazy. And yeah, the 350z has to be a terrible drifter, that's why instructors use it in driftschools. Guys, give it a break.

OP - get an LSD + some suspension work done, push the DTC button to enter the "fun" mode and feel free to excercise on your 328. It's as good as any other car, mybe U'll lack on HP and TQ, but I've seen weaker cars drift, too, so dont worry.

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 12:10 AM   #35
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

If you have the will...there is a way. You can drift whatever car out there with proper mods. Take a look at the E90 Drift Taxi. 2005 E90 320i replaced with turbo'ed E36 M3 motor putting out 650 hp. (At least that's what I can gather from the subtitles)

Appreciate 0