Autobahn SoCal
BMW CCA - ///M Chapter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 (G87)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwman4life11 View Post
The reason dealers don't like to have you come in and just update the software is cause your taking up a service bay. If you go in and have an issue and then they upgrade it at the same time they wont have an issue since thats billable to BMW HQ themselves. So if you want this, make sure you give them a reason. For me, I went in due to an airbag error popping up. And they told me that one of the updates for a new firmware for the airbag which also then needed the dash to be updated. I would suggest that most people wait till the first service since your already taking a bay and them saying no probably wont happen. Or just give them an excuse like you have seen it buggy.
Good idea
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 02:02 PM   #24
hpshin
Registered
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thndrm240i View Post
Where in Wisconsin are you located, I live eau claire and have yet to see another g42 around.
I'm in Madison, I think I was the second allocation for zimbrick ordered dec got it near end april.
Appreciate 1