E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Just got rolled for angels..

09-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #23
dragazn
Major
Rep
Drives: i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.76]
Cops is just making lame excuse to pull you over man. When I was in my turbo charge preldue back then I always get pull over after 9pm on the street. The excuse was my rear light bulb on the license plate is out, however everytime I check its still on and very bright. I got sick of it and replace it with LED then they make other excuse. 110% he was just checking if you are drunk or have any warrant on you.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #24
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedawg View Post
It's my understanding, at least in WA state, that you must have your driver's license on you at time of stop. If you don't, it's a ticket.
Yeah, I think this thread and story is a troll job...

Cop pulls you over late at night for some bogus reason, no legal explanation/citation given. Then, driver doesn't have his ID...and cop just says...meh..whatever, good night.

Ok...
      09-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #25
g_rant
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

IMO, the cop wasn't a dick, but he was bored.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 03:01 AM   #26
JonLerd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i coupe

imo i have the hid angels also and they are freggin bright. In the day time they look awesome but at night i get really nervous around cops. Especially when we are head to head. The thing about humans are we are like moths....when do you not stare when you see something bright coming along? granted some people are brighter than others and react by looking at something else but there is no doubt that hid angels are bright and intense. The reason the LCI angels are bright but not blinding is because the light is diffuse though the optics kinda like the outside rings but slightly more efficient and directional. HID angels shine though the inner angel hence they are not as diffuse. Lucky for me i have not yet been ticketed for it. I have however been pulled over but i believe the some cops don't know whats stock and what after market so they don't bring it up in fear of looking like an idiot.

Good luck op its always a risk! but thats the name of the game..
Appreciate 0