E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Aquamist Install Pictures **DIY Soon to Come**

09-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #23
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFiasco View Post
does that also mean you can't comment on Procede integration?
I mentioned earlier that it will work with the PROcede's progressive map switching, I'm excited for the new 3 map update! I have not connected the controller to the PROcede yet because I am having unrelated rough idles, my HPFP is possibly dying, so I took the tune out for a dealer visit. According to both parties, the Aquamist controller will hook into the PROcedes meth input and will function as advertised. Hopefully, tomorrow, I can have it hooked back up and test it out.

I will write a REVIEW soon as I can get my car issues resolved and a DIY as soon as we get another car test fitted with the Aquamist (there is a potential local car that is interested).

I just wanted to note, some of the ECU and wiring photos were intentionally left out, but, they will be posted soon (I wanted to make 100% sure that everything was working properly). I will also post pictures of the PROcede integration soon.

2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #24
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 Coupe

must have missed it. waiting on that review
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #25
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
update. any news on this?
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #26
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
update. any news on this?
I'll get a review soon. I have not had time to track or dyno it yet because I'm fighting an impending fuel pump failure

My butt dyno loves it though and the RPM climb extremely fast above 4000. The install was very clean and is working great!
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #27
blisstik
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92

@OP

At what RPM do you have it spray? And does it spray more or less when reaching the redline?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #28
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisstik View Post
@OP

At what RPM do you have it spray? And does it spray more or less when reaching the redline?
It's not set at a particular RPM to spray. The system is hooked into the ECU wiring for the fuel injector, so it sprays fuel load and manifold pressure signals. I have the Aquamist to spray at 30% (really early) so it comes on about 2-3k RPM when I am getting on it! You can adjust how early or late you want it to come on. So keep in mind, if I am doing just regular city driving it won't spray because the duty cycle is less.

The Aquamist is a progressive spray and can vary flow within 0.001 seconds, so it will spray more when reaching redline. The unit has a nice flow meter installed in my ashtray so you can see how much it's spraying.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #29
Bavarian E92
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335 Montego

Is the hidden install to hide from the dealerships? I want to do the install but when the HPFP is replaced they take off the front bumper.
      09-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #30
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
It's not set at a particular RPM to spray. The system is hooked into the ECU wiring for the fuel injector, so it sprays fuel load and manifold pressure signals. I have the Aquamist to spray at 30% (really early) so it comes on about 2-3k RPM when I am getting on it! You can adjust how early or late you want it to come on. So keep in mind, if I am doing just regular city driving it won't spray because the duty cycle is less.

The Aquamist is a progressive spray and can vary flow within 0.001 seconds, so it will spray more when reaching redline. The unit has a nice flow meter installed in my ashtray so you can see how much it's spraying.
ALthough it probably works great and all but what made you go against a boost induced spray that almost 99% of the forum members are using? The progressive boost works quite well and for me to go out on the box with another way of injecting is a little risky as there are unknowns, plus the tuners like Procede and Jb are not even using a injection progressive spray...I just find it quite puzzling to why you would take a chance on a 50K engine that we still dont know if its compatible 100% to the tunes out there...I know you stated that it was compatible with Procede, but thats not yet proven since you still havent installed the Procede back on..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #31
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
ALthough it probably works great and all but what made you go against a boost induced spray that almost 99% of the forum members are using? The progressive boost works quite well and for me to go out on the box with another way of injecting is a little risky as there are unknowns, plus the tuners like Procede and Jb are not even using a injection progressive spray...I just find it quite puzzling to why you would take a chance on a 50K engine that we still dont know if its compatible 100% to the tunes out there...I know you stated that it was compatible with Procede, but thats not yet proven since you still havent installed the Procede back on..
No need to explain myself here why I went with this kit vs other "boost based" systems that "99%" of people go with, but why just blend into the crowd, I'm going with another option out there to help the community. Aquamist kits are world reknown, probably larger over in Europe, and have been tried and tested as the best water/alcohol injection kits out there. Go over to any boosted forums (STi, Evo, Audi) and you will see nothing but positive remarks.

Boost based systems get the job done, but I wanted to go with a system that gets the job done in the best way possible for our cars. The fuel injector's dc has every bit of information about RPM, load etc - this is the most direct way of referencing the water/methanol flow unlike boost based systems. Correct me if I'm wrong but, boost based systems mirror the MAF and are based on pump speed - the delivery it is not accurate when based on MAF. In other words, there is more than 1 way of skinning a cat. There is no more harm to the engine as another kit would do, so I don't see it as a $50K risk, rather than a safer investment. Aquamist comes with three failsafe (vs. just 1 on other systems) outputs as standard, ability to lower boost (with anti-CEL), map switch and EBC bypass.

I been running the car with the PROcede + meth for 2 weeks now and it's working great, strong throughout the powerband! As for connecting it to the progressive map switching, that will be done hopefully tomorrow. I can't let this stupid HPFP stop me from having fun.

Quote:
Is the hidden install to hide from the dealerships? I want to do the install but when the HPFP is replaced they take off the front bumper.
Well it's "hidden" behind the bumper but still visible. If you are afraid of the dealer seeing it you can just turn the system off, remove the pump, and hide the wires. But why go though all that trouble for a fuel pump
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #32
Funkmob
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92 space grey

Im doing a similar setup with a Labonte S4 kit.
Can you tell me where you tapped the IDC signal?

Thanks
335I AT 2007. Vishnu V5 / UR CAI / HPF Intercooler / ER Charge pipe / Synapse BOV / Macht Shnell dp's / Vanguard catless exhaust / BSH occ / Labonte S4 Meth injection / Quiafe LSD / Full M3 suspension parts / Bilstein PSS10 / EBC brakes and lines / RB turbo's
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #33
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

Hi OP,

I came across this post in the AquaMist forums:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...6&postcount=19

It sais something about HFS-3 not being able to read DI injector pulses. Is this still valid or has the manufacturer eliminated this limitation ?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 11:35 AM   #34
Funkmob
First Lieutenant
Rep

I tapped the wire going into the injector and it seems to be working fine now.
335I AT 2007. Vishnu V5 / UR CAI / HPF Intercooler / ER Charge pipe / Synapse BOV / Macht Shnell dp's / Vanguard catless exhaust / BSH occ / Labonte S4 Meth injection / Quiafe LSD / Full M3 suspension parts / Bilstein PSS10 / EBC brakes and lines / RB turbo's
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #35
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Hi OP,

I came across this post in the AquaMist forums:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...6&postcount=19

It sais something about HFS-3 not being able to read DI injector pulses. Is this still valid or has the manufacturer eliminated this limitation ?
The new HFS-3 reads the DI injector pulses. I'm tapped into my orange and white injection ECU wire.

** More updates comming this week, Jeff and I are going to change some things around **
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #36
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The new HFS-3 reads the DI injector pulses. I'm tapped into my orange and white injection ECU wire.
Is there an "old" HFS-3 ?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #37
Funkmob
First Lieutenant
Rep

I got my setup working. Under full throtlle , boosting around 17.5 psi , im seeing IDC values of 89 to 90%. Are you seeing the same as me?
Are our injectors running at their limit at these levels?

Quote:

** More updates comming this week, Jeff and I are going to change some things around **
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #38
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkmob View Post
I got my setup working.
Do you also use HFS-3 ?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #39
Funkmob
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Do you also use HFS-3 ?
Im using a setup from Labonte , the new S4 with injector pulse input.
The guys from Labonte added a 0-5v output so i can connect to the Procede.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #40
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is there an "old" HFS-3 ?
Sorta, the one I'm using has a custom board for DI cars and works better than the HFS-6.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #41
blisstik
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92

This system seems promising but does it have a failsafe for those who run flash tunes? I know you're V4 autotuned but you also mentioned that its wired directly to the ECU?

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #42
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Very tedious install and hardware.
Basic kit works fine.

However, well done.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #43
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep

I am thinking about HFS-2. It's a HFS-3 without failsafe (and can be upgraded to HFS-3). It costs $500 and is a very interesting option for GIAC Stage 2+ which has been proven to work safely with only 93 octane gas. If meth fails, nothing wrong can happen provided there is at least 93 octane gas in the tank...or so I imagine
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #44
Redline Speed Worx
United_States
Rep
Drives: Twin Turbo S4 Avant

We are the Tri-States Leading Installers of Aquamist System on the Direct Injection Systems, we have been installing them on the New FSI / TFSI Audi & VW Since they became available, in-addition to helping Jeff Fine Tune the HFS-6 Boards to work on both stock and upgraded DI Injectors on the VAG platform.

We have been in close contact with Jeff @ Howerton during the entire Development Process of the HFS-3 System which has been specifically Designed for the N54 ! We will have quite a few units in stock ready for installation shortly ! So if you are in the Tri-State Area and want an Aquamist Certified Installation Center to get you up and running drop us a PM / E-mail.
Appreciate 0