Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > thinking of changing the color of my rims!!

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #23
naif-2
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92stance View Post
Naif-2: I like what you are trying to do here, Its a little different, but it kinda flows good. This is my suggestion- definately take the matte off of the front bumper and the hood...ive seen this out here and it makes the car look weird from a distance, either paint the hood gloss black or do a a cf hood with scoops painted or scoops exposed in CF.....then to really do the two tone (because it is ok....I would paint the A and B pillars black to draw a clear like between the top and bottom of the car. Lasty, I would not change the color of the wheels to black....ghey....match-paint the wheels to the color of your car to subdue the shine a little bit. That would be hot!!!!!!! Oh yeah, do a cf CSL styled trunch to complete the look, keep it black or cf on top, then exactly at the edge of the spoiler lipp, all painted from there down...
thank you e90stance for your feedback as the more feedback i am getting, is the clearer vision I am getting about what i should with my car.

the current hood is cf but unfortunately it is not a shiny cf as i thought and it looks in the pic as a matt black so i am half way there
not sure tho of keeping it or not (one day i think, oh it looks hot and another day it is not) but I still feel there is something needed to be done to make the car unique rather than wired.
in regard the wheels, my car color is silver and the wheels are almost the same color, not really but it is silver as well so do you think i should get them matt silver? do you have any pic/link that i should follow? I am not sure of how to get them the same color?
for csl spilter, yes I agree the car will look more aggressive with it.
My plan is
1-10 mm spacers.
2- Maybe cutting the front springs or replacing my front springs (the current ones are eibach but did not do much of dropping as I hoped)
3- see what the car looks like to decide whether I should keep the hood or not.
4- Deciding on the color of the wheels
5- splitter if there is some room for it after the second drop.
6- i am still happy with everyones feedbacks/ advice and this plan is not fixed yet
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #24
naif-2
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajduk View Post
Dark blue would look sweet. Like a midnight blue, almost black.
do you have a pic? thanks
Appreciate 0