E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > NAMotorsports | New Product! Luminux LED Angel Eye Upgrade!

Closed Thread

05-12-2011, 02:33 AM   #23
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Actually.. These are the LUX 3.0's.

The indentations around the heatsink, IMO, were probably added for easier griping upon install. The Luminix are identical.

Knocking off 15 dollars off the price the Luminix isn't going to make anyone forget that they are imitation LUX's. Its pretty upsetting that in a BMW community these kind of antics even go on.

The release of this product is truly shameless. I understand that there is obviously a market for a similar product to LUX's offering at a lower price.. but my G-d, you could have at least changed the heatsink.

WTF did you think was going to happen when you introduced this product, that is clearly pirated from perhaps the most well known name in the BMW AE lighting industry?

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #24
nood1es
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70

dang i like that black instead of the silver on the lux! Hope they don't copy that now. =\
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #25
mmbacon
Bacon is soooooo Good
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2,M5C

you people are winy bitches .... this is america
they cant supply ..... enuff ..... i waited 5 weeks for lux to send me the wrong bulbs
what customer service dident even check what kind of vehicle i had
no email no call nothing
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #26
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Partially true

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbacon View Post
they cant supply ..... enuff ..... i waited 5 weeks for lux to send me the wrong bulbs
no email no call nothing
I want f10 angel eyes without having to buy an f10
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #27
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Definitely would NEVER BUY THESE... as they are a total ripoff of the Lux Angel Eyes.

Very Unethical... you could have at least made them look different? Shameful.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 01:35 AM   #28
Cuba
Cuba
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

wow. seriously NAM
07 328xi Monaco Blue|Premium|Cold|Navi|CA|LLumar|Mtec|DDM|aFe|Ambe r-Gone|Rear Fogs|Bimmian|PY-Speed|OEM|e92-lighting|V1|BavAuto|Weisslicht|Cyba|Beyern|Falken| Sonic Tuning|ECS Tuning|JL Audio|Rockford Fosgate
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 01:46 AM   #29
nood1es
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70

Quote:
no email no call nothing
Whine some more about the bulbs bitch.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 03:29 AM   #30
gaifaun
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335i LCI

Garage List
Quote:
no email no call nothing
this is america, which is exactly why people are whining. Having strong ethical values is a dominant ideology in North American culture. Hence in our social setting, stealing someones design and claiming it to be theirs is unethical and frowned upon from our eyes.

Do this in China, people won't whine at all.

Supply? is the supply even from a legitimate source?
      05-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #31
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
no email no call nothing
You ordered the wrong bulb from our website and did not specify what vehicle you had - so I had no way to verify you ordered the correct ones for your car. Our website is Very Specific on the types of vehicles. if you had a question about what to order then you should have asked ahead of time. We are going to ship you out the correct set of lights free of charge. Most companies would charge you a 10% restocking fee for this.

Also just to add - you should not even be posting in this product section because you have e E90 pre-lci and the OP's product will not fit your car

Last edited by LuxAngelEyes; 05-14-2011 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #32
Belarus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
Quote:
no email no call nothing

How stupid proof LUX Website have to be for you to be able to select the car you have from the drop down selection....

12.770 @ 112.81 mph||slip||JB4|FMIC|DPs|DCI|N54 DVs|ER CP|Koni FSD|Eibach-Pro|F Strut-bar|R Sway-bar|Hankooks V12|DPE SP16|BBK|15%Tint|CF Front Lip|CF Diffuser|M3 Spoiler|SmartTop|LUX AE|Debadged
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #33
live2air
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: lci 328xi

wowowowowow
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #34
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
no email no call nothing

below = PWNED...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
You ordered the wrong bulb from our website and did not specify what vehicle you had - so I had no way to verify you ordered the correct ones for your car. Our website is Very Specific on the types of vehicles. if you had a question about what to order then you should have asked ahead of time. We are going to ship you out the correct set of lights free of charge. Most companies would charge you a 10% restocking fee for this.

Also just to add - you should not even be posting in this product section because you have e E90 pre-lci and the OP's product will not fit your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarus View Post
How stupid proof LUX Website have to be for you to be able to select the car you have from the drop down selection....
      05-17-2011, 04:36 AM   #35
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep
Drives: black on black

Dear all,

If you're thinking about buying these from NAMotorsports, forget it. Get the REAL DEAL here from LUX:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483544
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #36
ucsdsig
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 E63, 2011.5 E93 M3

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #37
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by samchoi604 View Post
Dear all,

If you're thinking about buying these from NAMotorsports, forget it. Get the REAL DEAL here from LUX:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483544
1 got my LUX in this weekend. The best. These guys suck balls.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #38
chrisE92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Quote:
no email no call nothing
lol OWNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaifaun View Post
this is america, which is exactly why people are whining. Having strong ethical values is a dominant ideology in North American culture. Hence in our social setting, stealing someones design and claiming it to be theirs is unethical and frowned upon from our eyes.

Do this in China, people won't whine at all.

Supply? is the supply even from a legitimate source?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post

Quote:
      05-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #39
domrep
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E93 335i

I am definitely not supporting NAM, and have LUX's, but for the sake of argument isn't this just healthy competition? From dishwasher soap to downpipes, there are always copies. You don't hear ppl complainig how iCarbon DPs are copies of AR Design, albeit minor changes. Even some exhausts look identical minus the branding. Competition is what keeps prices in check and I know for a fact alot of ppl complain about the price for a set of Lux. I agree them being a business partner and then screwing Marc over with a blatant copy is shady crap, but if it happens to be the same quality (and im not saying it is), then why wouldnt someone buy it for cheaper? Instead of just saying "this is crap" and "ya what he said" this is just perpetuating ignorance. Again, this is definitely not an endorsement for NAM nor a knock against Lux, since like I said I have a set of Lux and love them. Loyalty should lie with those that can offer us the best quality for the best available price, hence the reason why I think dinan is a blatant rip off and wouldnt touch that crap with a ten foot pole. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by domrep; 05-18-2011 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #40
JShin
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335i

domrep. LUX should reconsider the price.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #41
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by domrep View Post
I am definitely not supporting NAM, and have LUX's, but for the sake of argument isn't this just healthy competition? From dishwasher soap to downpipes, there are always copies. You don't hear ppl complainig how iCarbon DPs are copies of AR Design, albeit minor changes. Even some exhausts look identical minus the branding. Competition is what keeps prices in check and I know for a fact alot of ppl complain about the price for a set of Lux. I agree them being a business partner and then screwing Marc over with a blatant copy is shady crap, but if it happens to be the same quality (and im not saying it is), then why wouldnt someone buy it for cheaper? Instead of just saying "this is crap" and "ya what he said" this is just perpetuating ignorance. Again, this is definitely not an endorsement for NAM nor a knock against Lux, since like I said I have a set of Lux and love them. Loyalty should lie with those that can offer us the best quality for the best available price, hence the reason why I think dinan is a blatant rip off and wouldnt touch that crap with a ten foot pole. Just my 2 cents
Pricing is a $15 difference wasn't it? Plus, this isn't a minor change like iCarbon DPs vs. aR design's DPs. Downpipes can only be designed so different in order to be most efficient. LUX bulbs were designed and manufactured from scratch from an individual who just wanted a better solution than the cheap mass marketed products out there. He spent so much time in order to create a product for the E90post community, and for someone to send the design to some manufacturer to mass produce his work is a complete rip-off to him.

Yeah, you're right, it's competition--but not good competition. What really irks a lot of people (i'm sure) is the principle behind NAM's move and how they approached this. From what I know, their move is unprofessional, unethical, and almost unbelievable when i first saw this.

Honestly, look at the product. There's nothing different between the two except for the power supply, which is "improved" because of a heat sink? Really? lol. I've had the LUX V3s and driven 400 miles straight with them running and never once had I had a power issue or any overheating issue.

I have to say though, Marc should definitely have put a patent on these before he even sold these; NAM just took advantage of the opportunity.

Either way though, I hope Marc gets his patents on these so that NAM can take this off their product offerings and save what's left of their reputation. I can tell you right now, if there was any business that I was going to offer them, it's all gone now. I don't trust a company who's willing to blatantly dupe a design and market it as their own.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #42
LAE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

I love that NAMotorSports has no comment in this thread. I bet they were not expecting this type of reaction.

Personally, I am still buying the genuine LUX 3.0 H8's they have my support...and my money. I am not angry at NAMS, but they aren't getting my support either.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #43
Belarus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAE92 View Post
I love that NAMotorSports has no comment in this thread. I bet they were not expecting this type of reaction.

Personally, I am still buying the genuine LUX 3.0 H8's they have my support...and my money. I am not angry at NAMS, but they aren't getting my support either.
Even if they did, the sad part their will be a lot of people purchasing them who don't give a sh!t about ethics and morals of the company they're buying from just to save few $ .....

12.770 @ 112.81 mph||slip||JB4|FMIC|DPs|DCI|N54 DVs|ER CP|Koni FSD|Eibach-Pro|F Strut-bar|R Sway-bar|Hankooks V12|DPE SP16|BBK|15%Tint|CF Front Lip|CF Diffuser|M3 Spoiler|SmartTop|LUX AE|Debadged
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #44
F3RDTY
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M Sport

LUX H8's all the way MARC rocks!! got me my set just in time for bimmerfest despite the fact that he had a delay with the metal company.. Oh and that huge heatsink worries me on that power supply that means the power supply is going to get extreamly hot and possibly damage the headlights.... MARC'S PSU do not produce any heat at all!! Thanks again Marc
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread