E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 123.5 MPH Traps on 3 Consecutive Runs. 91oct+Meth

10-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #23
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
You should be lighter than that with your mods. What wheels/tires are you running? Remember 1lb of unsprung weight = 10 lbs of regular weight.
I got the weight of the car by placing it on a local truck scale...car was full weight (seats in) 19x8.5 front w/ 245 tires and 19x10" VMR vb3 back with 295 tires...the scale showed 3540lb but it'd sometimes tip to 3560 and go back to 3540 again..apparently the scale is accurate to +/- 20lbs..so with seats out 3400lbs and me in it 3620lbs on half tank of gas...3550lbs empty tank..

I recently changed my brakes to a stoptech 355mm bbk and my 17" winters don't fit anymore..I'll be getting a 17x9 apex arc-8 lightweight square setup to run winter/summer soon, should be a lot cheaper on tires as I can rotate 245s or 255s..should I go 245s or 255s, still debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
I weigh about 176lbs. So not really heavy or super lightweight. I am just estimating the weight as I never weighed it in this configuration with seat removal and 17" wheels. In all reality it probably does weigh more than 3500lbs with me in it. Just stating it to emphasize weight reduction. But also to emphasize it is probably close to the weight of a 135i.

The car is running in the high 8's in the 60-130, which is excellent for stock turbos.

I'm really intrigued with your testing of the 60-130 testing with the RBs. I'm glad you took the time to test and log. I wish others would run these tests also. Far too many times, I have seen dyno queens not measure up at the track or in real world races. With low 8's in your car, you have to be trapping around 127mph in the qtr mile. Did you verify the qtr mile trap yet? Based on how my car feels, your car must feel like a monster. I have never run N20 on this new firmware, (with the FSB) which seems to make more power down low, with substantial taper up top. I think it would be faster on spray also, but Im not sure all that power right after the shift will be good for the trans.

I really do need traction, LSD, and a good track. I would love to see what kind of ETs I could get if I could give this car full throttle on the launch.
Hopefully I can squeeze some more top end boost with a 12ohm board when meth flows on top of cobb on pump gas...there's definitely some power lost as I'm running 11:1 AFR vs 12:1 so I'll be changing that as well...that'll be first to be done before anything else to see the effect...

LSD will definitely help launch and traction but to get 100% out of it I'd advise getting the m3 rear subframe bushings as well...that's the combo and a half...

Hoping to get into 7s with 12AFR, if not then with also a touch more boost, while still on pump and 40-60F ambients...in Mexico on vacation at the moment so when I'm back I'll hit the airfield again
Appreciate 0