E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Few pictures of my first BMW E90

10-28-2011, 07:19 AM   #23
ChubbsBmth
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport - NOW SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Car insurance is cheaper for those with a history of not claiming on their car insurance. Who would have thought it
Yes very clear cut it you are comparing being insured on the same or similar car and you look at the premium for a new driver vs the premium for a driver with a years history and no claims but I had been driving a 1.4 petrol focus for 9 months from the day I passed my test, then moved to a 2.5 litre BMW coupe and the premum was cheaper just because I had been driving for the best part of a year without claiming.

Personally I expected the premium to rise because of the increase in power and value of the car, but there you go..................
NOW SOLD - Counting down to the M3 - E92 May 07' 335i M-Sport - Sapphire Black - Manual - Black Leather Interior - Heated Seats - Bluetooth Handsfree - BMW Performance Black Grill - 19's - Saying No to the Diesel Revolution!

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #24
Skylinescott
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black E90 325D

Thanks for the comments guys, must say this forum is very welcoming.

@B005T3D-G - Fully comp with windscreen cover, hire car, recovery, legal advice etc etc.

@MEGA - Yes, it is very cheap insurance compared to what my friends pay on their saxo's and astras lol. Ive just brought some gloss black grills and looking at upgrading my headlights to LCI Angels. I have looked at the pictures of your old car and it is very nice indeed, yours and a few others is what made me change my mind to getting beastly black instead of white. (Also white was so so so hard to find in 325D low milage and pre-lci)

@Westsidee90 - Just brought some gloss black grills, will get pictures up once they arrive and have fitted also looking at upgrading the headlights to LCI Angels. Possibly even an M3 boot spoiler as i saw one on an M3 saloon in black the other day and it looked lush. Also i have tried contacting the number you gave me for CPD but he didnt answer, so will give him another go next week. Thanks again.

@Dopper99 & Mr Singh - The other LCI is my dad 320i, our family loves the beamers lol. He had a Pre-LCI Grey 320i when they first came out aswell, then brought his current one when BMW brought out the LCI.

@Kerr - MyCarCheck

@Chubbsbmth - I do love black cars, they are so hard to take care of though. Im forever outside washing it, looking at it now it needs a wash again :/ haha.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #25
ChubbsBmth
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport - NOW SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinescott View Post
Thanks for the comments guys, must say this forum is very welcoming.

@Chubbsbmth - I do love black cars, they are so hard to take care of though. Im forever outside washing it, looking at it now it needs a wash again :/ haha.
I echo those comments.....I clean mine every weekend and the bit that takes the time is drying it and getting rid of the water marks....

Where abouts in Hampshire you at?
NOW SOLD - Counting down to the M3 - E92 May 07' 335i M-Sport - Sapphire Black - Manual - Black Leather Interior - Heated Seats - Bluetooth Handsfree - BMW Performance Black Grill - 19's - Saying No to the Diesel Revolution!

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #26
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

When I was 19 I had a Peugeot....... bicycle.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #27
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

are you thinking of lowering it or anything like that?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #28
Skylinescott
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black E90 325D

@Chubbsbmth - I know right haha, and try cleaning it in the sun... Water evaporated and leaves watermarks quicker than you can put the hose down. :P
Im from Whitehill, near Petersfield/Alton way.

@Kaishang - [Like] You that that lol

@Westsidee90 - Not really sure, i have never lowered a car and wouldnt know if i should get springs or coilovers, or even how to do it haha. Another thing is alot of my friends have lowered their cars on coilovers and it just causes problems like knocking etc. :/ What mods do you think i should do?
Appreciate 0