E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Stage 1 sport COBB

06-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
tennis_pr0
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2--7 BMW 335i coupe

Yeah i think they are doing something like that. Once i got here they explained to me exactly how some other stuff works, fmic, downpipes, etc...oo man this is like a drug
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #24
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
man I hope they're not charging you much to drop in a filter. My 2 1/2 year old could do this...

I would make sure you understand the process on how to install/uninstall in case you need to remove it quickly for service, etc. switching maps takes only a minute, but installing/uninstalling can take 25 min to half an hour. you should disconnect/turn off anything that uses power, like lights, hvac, and radar detectors etc. I recommend leaving your windows down and being outside the car with the cobb within reach from outside the vehicle so that you're not stuck in the car for the duration (you shouldn't open doors or anything during flash)
      06-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #25
tennis_pr0
Captain
Rep

Wow what a nice mod! Lots if extra power. I just changes it to stock throttle. They used linear. I tried it a few times but did not have the key to the on button just had it in there without it being on the on position, i thought that was the on position. So i unplugged the ap and did it again successfully. I couldnt have hurt anything with tge car or the ap by doing this could i?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #26
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_pr0 View Post
Wow what a nice mod! Lots if extra power. I just changes it to stock throttle. They used linear. I tried it a few times but did not have the key to the on button just had it in there without it being on the on position, i thought that was the on position. So i unplugged the ap and did it again successfully. I couldnt have hurt anything with tge car or the ap by doing this could i?
no, you didn't hurt anything. do yourself a favor and go on the cobb site and read everything there...would've avoided this.
      06-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #27
tennis_pr0
Captain
Rep

Already got a ccid 29 code... Going back to vac
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #28
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_pr0
Already got a ccid 29 code... Going back to vac
What is the code again? Cobb usually gives a description if you scroll over it
      06-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #29
tennis_pr0
Captain
Rep

https://www.google.com/search?q=hlf+...39%3B800%3B600

I got this code. I took the car back and they did not find any problems. They said it was probably the car adapting or something. The code has not come on since. They said if it does to come back to them, it could be possible hpfp sign? This happened right after i installed my ap. I did a few wot and then it came on.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #30
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_pr0 View Post
https://www.google.com/search?q=hlf+...39%3B800%3B600

I got this code. I took the car back and they did not find any problems. They said it was probably the car adapting or something. The code has not come on since. They said if it does to come back to them, it could be possible hpfp sign? This happened right after i installed my ap. I did a few wot and then it came on.
I'm not at all familiar with that type of format for a DTC. Was it the P2AAF fuel pump plausibility? If so, this is a VERY common code when running Cobb and very much harmless unless it is in conjunction with other more pernicious fault codes. If you didn't get this code, you will soon, and hopefully I just saved you the trouble of starting a new thread lol
      06-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #31
tennis_pr0
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
I'm not at all familiar with that type of format for a DTC. Was it the P2AAF fuel pump plausibility? If so, this is a VERY common code when running Cobb and very much harmless unless it is in conjunction with other more pernicious fault codes. If you didn't get this code, you will soon, and hopefully I just saved you the trouble of starting a new thread lol
Yeah, they said it was possibly the fuel pump. Been driving since, no problems, no long starts, everything seems ok. If it is the fuel pump, I'll just uninstall the AP and take it to dealer. No big deal.

I'm gonna data log soon, definitely want to make sure the car is running clean and also want to record a 0-60 time when I get a nice, cool dry night. If I use the AP manager to show the data logging, can I post it from there to here?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #32
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_pr0
If I use the AP manager to show the data logging, can I post it from there to here?
Only if you're really smart with computers lol Bill Gates
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #33
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
They recommend that you hook up the battery to a charger.
yeah, I use my CTEK 7002 because it has a "power supply" mode - I highly recommend this charger because it's so small & light but at the same time it will charge both lead-acid batteries and AGM/spiral cell (I have an Optima in my Jeep,) only thing it doesn't do is 6V.
Appreciate 0