E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > BMW Retrofit Team: CIC Navigation System Retrofits, Combox Retrofit and Remote Coding

Closed Thread

03-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #463
terminator2k2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90

Hi there, just wandering how much it would cost for complete nbt retrofit from ccc to nbt for a e90?

cheers

chris

Last edited by terminator2k2; 03-22-2014 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 01:32 PM   #464
JoB01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50 & 2008 E90 M3

I want to post a quick review of my experience installing a CIC and combox update to my 2008 e90 M3, courtesy of Kate and the BimmerRetrofit team.

I purchased the CIC upgrade about 3 years ago and was happy with the ease of install, as well as the excellent customer service I received in the remote coding of the CIC. I'm by no means an expert at installing car stereos, but I had no problems following the clear directions that were provided with the CIC upgrade, and the unit has worked flawlessly since I've installed it.

I've been interested in the combox upgrade for quite some time, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. This year, with a little left over Christmas money in hand, I finally took the dive. I sent an e-mail to Kate and she was able to tell me exactly what I needed (a CiC software update, the combox, and the PnP wires and MOST terminator) in order to outfit my E90 M3 with a combox. I shipped my CIC to their office in Ontario, and about a week and a half later, my CiC showed back up on my doorstep, along with the combox and wiring kit. It literally took me 15 minutes from start to finish to remove the old TCU and MULF, install the combox and re-install the CiC, and like I said, I'm not an expert at installing car stereos. Very easy! I fired up the M3 and everything worked perfectly!

I really want to thank the Bimmerretrofit team and Kate- their customer service was outstanding, and they addressed and patiently answered all my questions (I must have sent about 10 e-mails... yeah, I'm that guy). I'm now the happy owner of a CiC and Combox, fully functional in my 2008 E90 M3! Thank you!!!

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 10:27 PM   #465
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator2k2 View Post
Hi there, just wandering how much it would cost for complete nbt retrofit from ccc to nbt for a e90?

cheers

chris
Hi Chris,

Please send us an email with your vehicle's VIN, and we wil gladly provide information and pricing.

Thanks,

Kate.
info@bimmerretrofit.com
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #466
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoB01 View Post
I want to post a quick review of my experience installing a CIC and combox update to my 2008 e90 M3, courtesy of Kate and the BimmerRetrofit team.

I purchased the CIC upgrade about 3 years ago and was happy with the ease of install, as well as the excellent customer service I received in the remote coding of the CIC. I'm by no means an expert at installing car stereos, but I had no problems following the clear directions that were provided with the CIC upgrade, and the unit has worked flawlessly since I've installed it.

I've been interested in the combox upgrade for quite some time, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. This year, with a little left over Christmas money in hand, I finally took the dive. I sent an e-mail to Kate and she was able to tell me exactly what I needed (a CiC software update, the combox, and the PnP wires and MOST terminator) in order to outfit my E90 M3 with a combox. I shipped my CIC to their office in Ontario, and about a week and a half later, my CiC showed back up on my doorstep, along with the combox and wiring kit. It literally took me 15 minutes from start to finish to remove the old TCU and MULF, install the combox and re-install the CiC, and like I said, I'm not an expert at installing car stereos. Very easy! I fired up the M3 and everything worked perfectly!

I really want to thank the Bimmerretrofit team and Kate- their customer service was outstanding, and they addressed and patiently answered all my questions (I must have sent about 10 e-mails... yeah, I'm that guy). I'm now the happy owner of a CiC and Combox, fully functional in my 2008 E90 M3! Thank you!!!

Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for your kind words! It's been a pleasure doing these retrofits for you
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 03:15 AM   #467
kelmk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Convertible

Ha I probably send 3x that many emails to Kate. She's probably pretty happy I finally got everything working

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoB01 View Post

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #468
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmk View Post
Ha I probably send 3x that many emails to Kate. She's probably pretty happy I finally got everything working
Judging from your nickname, I am not sure who you are, but yeah, I'm super excited that everything is working and you are happy with the retrofit
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #469
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

TPMS and PDC retrofits

We are proud to announce that very soon we will be releasing two new retrofits: TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) and PDC (Park Distance Control) for both E-series and F-series!

TPMS retrofit:

PDC retrofit:

Please watch the videos to know more and stay tuned for the release date!

Last edited by bmwretrofit; 07-21-2014 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #470
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

We are constantly improving all of our products, and we are proud to share with you two of our latest improvements for the Easy (eNBT) Retrofit Adapter.

1. Now all of the NBT head units are supported. This means that HW21 is no longer an issue! YES, HW21 is now supported and navigation will work perfectly fine in your E-series BMW with NBT powered by our eNBT Retrofit Adapter!

2. Our eNBT Retrofit Adapter now supports the Sports Display for NBT head unit in E-series! You can have Power and Torque displayed on the screen, just like it appears in F-series! It will show you real-time Torque and Power values of your engine.

More pictures to come!

Thank you for all your emails! We are replying to all email within 24hrs. If you do not get a reply within 48hrs, please try to contacting us again using a different email address, unfortunately some of your emails are blocked
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #471
bond1313
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw e82

Great thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #472
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond1313 View Post
Great thread.
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 04:59 AM   #473
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 Sport Line 320ded

Hello, I hope someone can help me with my problem :

CIC Motion, started update from USB, first time stuck on 10.9%, after 15-20 minutes, after resetting CIC unit, update is restarting, but stuck on 0.0% , but navigation maps seems to be new, because they are more detalied.

Can someone tel me what to do? The navigation is working only with USB stick inserted.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #474
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_bml View Post
Hello, I hope someone can help me with my problem :

CIC Motion, started update from USB, first time stuck on 10.9%, after 15-20 minutes, after resetting CIC unit, update is restarting, but stuck on 0.0% , but navigation maps seems to be new, because they are more detalied.

Can someone tel me what to do? The navigation is working only with USB stick inserted.

Thank you.
Try checking your media source, make sure your file system format (ex. FAT32) is correct, and also check the head unit - make sure it is ok.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #475
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 Sport Line 320ded

Thank you for your answer. It is strange but the update is working when I'm driveing the car, so I had to drive for 30-45 minutes, update completed and everything it's OK again.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 03:48 AM   #476
F30zoom
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F34 330d xdrive

Help pls with getting info from CIC unit

Hi,

I have recently had the CCC to CIC upgrade done and everything works fine accept the "my info" which means I can no longer receive destinations from Google or any other "send to my car" app.

I have a full active BMW assist account but understand that it maybe a database issue as the car originally had the CCC unit fitted. I have read on a US forum that all you need to do is get BMW connected drive dept to move you over onto the CIC database. This is not easy as the refused initially but then asked me to provide all this info from the retro fitted CIC:

ICC-ID

· TCU-ID

· MSISDN

· Serial number for new head unit if different from the ICC-ID

Does anyone know where this info is located? & what software is needed to extract it? Its all rather strange as all the other assist functions work fine including email

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #477
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwmzoom View Post
Hi,

I have recently had the CCC to CIC upgrade done and everything works fine accept the "my info" which means I can no longer receive destinations from Google or any other "send to my car" app.

I have a full active BMW assist account but understand that it maybe a database issue as the car originally had the CCC unit fitted. I have read on a US forum that all you need to do is get BMW connected drive dept to move you over onto the CIC database. This is not easy as the refused initially but then asked me to provide all this info from the retro fitted CIC:

ICC-ID

· TCU-ID

· MSISDN

· Serial number for new head unit if different from the ICC-ID

Does anyone know where this info is located? & what software is needed to extract it? Its all rather strange as all the other assist functions work fine including email

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks
Please check my email from 09/17. As I explained, it is difficult to diagnose these sort of issues remotely. Your best option is to contact the seller of your CIC kit, you should also verify whether a Combox was installed.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 06:37 PM   #478
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

October Sale until October 24th

Good day everyone and Thank you for reading!

We are pleased to announce that we are currently having a October Sale!

Until October 24th, 11:59 EST you have an opportunity to purchase your retrofit kit at a discounted price!

The following products are currently on Sale:

- CIC and NBT retrofit kit for E81, E82, E87, E88, E9x, E6x, F10, F20, F30 and other models of BMW
- eNBT Retrofit Adapters and PNP activation modules
- CAN bridge modules
- Rear-view cameras
- Other packaged deals may be available

For more information about our products please visit our website - www.bimmerretrofit.com

Please note that the prices on the website do not include the October sale discounts!
Contact us TODAY to find out what YOUR October DEAL is!

You can contact us at info@bimmerretrofit.com
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #479
mikex25
Major
Rep
Drives: Grey thing

sent email last night regarding payment, still haven't heard back from you, my email is micxmike@hotmail.com
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #480
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikex25 View Post
sent email last night regarding payment, still haven't heard back from you, my email is micxmike@hotmail.com
We have an unusually high amount of emails, and that's why we are not able to respond to all emails within 2-3 hours as usual. A reply was sent to you about 30 minutes ago. We apologize about the delay.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #481
freezer
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post

We are constantly improving all of our products, and we are proud to share with you two of our latest improvements for the Easy (eNBT) Retrofit Adapter.

1. Now all of the NBT head units are supported. This means that HW21 is no longer an issue! YES, HW21 is now supported and navigation will work perfectly fine in your E-series BMW with NBT powered by our eNBT Retrofit Adapter!

2. Our eNBT Retrofit Adapter now supports the Sports Display for NBT head unit in E-series! You can have Power and Torque displayed on the screen, just like it appears in F-series! It will show you real-time Torque and Power values of your engine.

More pictures to come!

Thank you for all your emails! We are replying to all email within 24hrs. If you do not get a reply within 48hrs, please try to contacting us again using a different email address, unfortunately some of your emails are blocked

Nice! Can I get this in my 3-series? I have CIC from you guys..
well not exactly from you (from eBay), but you made it work in my car
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 01:20 PM   #482
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer View Post
Nice! Can I get this in my 3-series? I have CIC from you guys..
well not exactly from you (from eBay), but you made it work in my car
No, sorry, the Sports Display is only available in F-series natively or with NBT Retrofit, powered by our eNBT Retrofit Adapter!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #483
freezer
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post
No, sorry, the Sports Display is only available in F-series natively or with NBT Retrofit, powered by our eNBT Retrofit Adapter!
That's too bad. What are the advantages of the NBT retrofit over CIC. I've got CIC retrofit already.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #484
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer View Post
That's too bad. What are the advantages of the NBT retrofit over CIC. I've got CIC retrofit already.
You may find the following thread useful: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...9#post17048219

It provides a direct comparison of CIC and NBT retrofits in terms of functionality, effort and pricing.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread