E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MHD "take a look at my log" thread

12-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #573
muncie21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
All stock with new coils(bosch) and exhaust vanos solenoid, plugs 5k ago. Stage 1+

I see timing corrections but don't really know how to look at logs yet. Should I go back to stage 1 until I get FMIC?
Also believe I have a few leaky injectors(most likely the couple rev9s I have with my rev7) as a couple plugs were wet when I looked at em while changing coils.

http://datazap.me/u/droppedmitsu/mhd...og=0&data=3-23
Definitely need a larger FMIC, your IATs climbed quickly. Boost slightly off target, but not enough to lose sleep over.

Mod up and show us what she can do
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2016, 08:37 AM   #574
IllSic_Design
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 12 E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewind727 View Post
log looks ok those small corrections shouldnt be to much of a concern, this is the only log ive ever seen that the lpfp is flatlined at any given psi through the whole run though. not sure what thats about but the rest of it looks ok
Yeah I saw that also, all 3 logs I've done have had the lpfp steady at 55psi. Any idea what could be up with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muncie21 View Post
Definitely need a larger FMIC, your IATs climbed quickly. Boost slightly off target, but not enough to lose sleep over.

Mod up and show us what she can do
Yes sir, walnut blast and FMIC are next on list now that all maintenance has been taken care of.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 01:38 PM   #575
Thewind727
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 135i AT

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Yeah I saw that also, all 3 logs I've done have had the lpfp steady at 55psi. Any idea what could be up with that?

Yes sir, walnut blast and FMIC are next on list now that all maintenance has been taken care of.
Wish i could say, I've never seen that before
08 135i AT / xHP stage 3 trans flash / vrsf 7.5 hd FMIC/ docrace single 6266 dbb precision turbo kit / TCKline s/a coilovers / RB external pcv kit / Active Autowerke ChargePipe / Wavtrac lsd / Whiteline subframe and Diff Full bushings / WedgeTuning full e85 custom tune 26psi / Blackmarketparts Port Injection Kit
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 02:41 PM   #576
muncie21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The fuel pressure sensor under the intake is bad. Mine did the same thing when it was busted. The old design is pretty cheap, but prone to failure due to vibration. Newer design is about 2x more expensive if memory serves me right. Me being a cheap bastard and the sensor relatively easy to change, I opted for the old one.

Here's the link to my thread on replacing this part, which includes the old PN
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1262773

Last edited by muncie21; 12-09-2016 at 12:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #577
IllSic_Design
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 12 E92 328i

Quote:
The fuel pressure sensor under the intake is bad. Mine did the same thing when it was busted. The old design is pretty cheap, but prone to failure due to vibration. Newer design is about 2x more expensive if memory serves me right. Me being a cheap bastard and the sensor relatively easy to change, I opted for the old one.
Thanks for the info, I'll look into getting a new one ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #578
Hoper
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT

Just did some logging on the weekend, would appreciate someone having a quick look

Stock 08 model with MHD syage 1 map, running 98Octane fuel in AUS

about to install 7"FMIC, RB outlets, DCI's, new plugs and coilpacks, also thinking of vanos solenoids as I've got intermittent Vanos codes coming up

Log
http://www.datazap.me/u/hoper/11-december?log=0&data=
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 08:49 PM   #579
Banana Clipper
Jewel Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01///G20///I20

Only looking for input on LPFP and HPFP. Im told my HPFP cant keep up. This logged threw a SES light and required a restart. I've had several instances of my LPFP dipping into the high 40's but the HPFP always stays 1400 or higher. I was under the impression that anything over 1200 for the HPFP is fine.

http://www.datazap.me/u/banana-clipp...rk=764-762-777

Please dont post if you're not sure. I dont need advice on the other parameters. I just want opinions on the HPFP really

www.BHANANA.com
2009 335i - SOLD
2021 M340i - GONE
2024 iX - Yea, she fast
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 08:21 AM   #580
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

Finally got some data logged in, how is mine looking? I'm looking to get a custom tune, would That be an option or just stick to OTS? The boost target said that it was 11.4 and mine was 10.4 on manual log and then when I hit auto logging and it's just the two gauges it can spike up to 14 psi. Does the manual logging just read differently?

http://www.datazap.me/u/quinnhogue7/...og=0&data=3-21
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 11:42 PM   #581
!LEFTCOAST!
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92-SG-335i

Took a couple of logs. l'd appreciate it if someone could check'em out. 30FF thrown both pulls which I was already aware would happen just not sure of the cause yet. Looking to see how the car is running and any advice is welcomed. Thanks!

2008 e92 n54 98k miles with original stock turbos
injectors - index 12 - 4k miles
plugs - OEM Bosch - 2k miles
coils - OEM Bosch - 20k miles
lpfps - 4k miles
walnut blast done 15k miles ago
new vacuum lines up top only
Shell 91
upgraded mods: chargepipe, fmic, k&n filter, downpipes, exhaust, alpina flash, rb pcv
MHD 7.1 stage 1+ acn91 LT

http://www.datazap.me/u/ryanbelmares...ta=3-22&solo=6
two separate logs taken 10 minutes apart
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2016, 12:33 PM   #582
muncie21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by !LEFTCOAST! View Post
Took a couple of logs. l'd appreciate it if someone could check'em out. 30FF thrown both pulls which I was already aware would happen just not sure of the cause yet. Looking to see how the car is running and any advice is welcomed. Thanks!

Looks like Cylinder 1 pulled timing which in turn caused wastegate to open up a bit and drop boost. Even before that boost versus target was off by ~2PSI during the pull. Looks like you could have a leak somewhere. On a positive note, IATs were good the whole time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnhogue7 View Post
Finally got some data logged in, how is mine looking? I'm looking to get a custom tune, would That be an option or just stick to OTS?
Suggest you max our performance with FBO and OTS tune before going custom. You're IATs went up pretty quick, if you haven't already upgraded your FMIC, you should consider it. Boost was off target by 1-2.5 PSI at times. Not sure what's up with that. No throttle closures or crazy timing adjustments, so fix that boost and FMIC and keep at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post
Just did some logging on the weekend, would appreciate someone having a quick look

Log
You had some throttle closures due to overboosting. Could be lazy boost solenoids or worn waste gates. Bank 2 is pulling out a lot more fuel than Bank 1, could be nothing or leaking injector(s) weak spark.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2016, 01:07 PM   #583
!LEFTCOAST!
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92-SG-335i

Quote:
Quote:

Looks like Cylinder 1 pulled timing which in turn caused wastegate to open up a bit and drop boost. Even before that boost versus target was off by ~2PSI during the pull. Looks like you could have a leak somewhere. On a positive note, IATs were good the whole time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnhogue7 View Post
Finally got some data logged in, how is mine looking? I'm looking to get a custom tune, would That be an option or just stick to OTS?
Suggest you max our performance with FBO and OTS tune before going custom. You're IATs went up pretty quick, if you haven't already upgraded your FMIC, you should consider it. Boost was off target by 1-2.5 PSI at times. Not sure what's up with that. No throttle closures or crazy timing adjustments, so fix that boost and FMIC and keep at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post

Log
You had some throttle closures due to overboosting. Could be lazy boost solenoids or worn waste gates. Bank 2 is pulling out a lot more fuel than Bank 1, could be nothing or leaking injector(s) weak spark.
Thank you for taking a look. I did notice the correction in cylinder 1. On the second pull there was also corrections in cylinders 1,4,5. Not sure if you looked at that one? I'll Probably end up taking it to get tested soon to find the leak.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2016, 03:59 PM   #584
muncie21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for taking a look. I did notice the correction in cylinder 1. On the second pull there was also corrections in cylinders 1,4,5. Not sure if you looked at that one? I'll Probably end up taking it to get tested soon to find the leak.
Your waste gate DC drops at ~5300 RPMs on both charts. On 1 chart this could loosely be correlated to the cylinder 1 timing pull, but not on the 2nd chart. Not sure what is causing this, but once you get it figured out, I'm sure the motor will feel stronger.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 06:42 AM   #585
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

Quote:

Thank you for taking a peak at where I'm currently at! Have a brand new front mount in the trunk ready to install, only a cxracing but it will to the job for now. And to my knowledge after the fmic I will be FBO?

Mods
-vrsf catless downpipes
-BMW performance Axleback
-vrsf charge pipe w/hks blow off
-BMS dual cone intakes
-ngk 5992 1 step colder plugs
-Delphi coils

I did recently replace 1 injector bc it was leaking. Before I spent $1000 on 3-6 new injectors I purchased a refurb index 4 injector but did not get it coded. People on here say you won't even notice a diff if they are the same index but I'd say it wouldn't hurt to get it done? Does anyone know how much bmw charges?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 03:37 PM   #586
Shane303
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Clipper View Post
Only looking for input on LPFP and HPFP. Im told my HPFP cant keep up. This logged threw a SES light and required a restart. I've had several instances of my LPFP dipping into the high 40's but the HPFP always stays 1400 or higher. I was under the impression that anything over 1200 for the HPFP is fine.

http://www.datazap.me/u/banana-clipp...rk=764-762-777

Please dont post if you're not sure. I dont need advice on the other parameters. I just want opinions on the HPFP really
why 2nd gear? Car went EXTREMELY lean, that's why it went into limp mode
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 02:50 AM   #587
335Pete
Rep
Drives: `10-335xi

I`m running a mhd stg2+, n54 fbo, inlets, outlets.

How does this log look?

http://www.datazap.me/u/335pete/log-...17-22-23-24-25
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 08:46 AM   #588
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane303 View Post
What he said.

lol dude, in it's current state your car is a disaster and all you're interested in hearing about the is the health of your HPFP?

Instead of callously disavowing information that's actually way more imperative than your initial requisition, try increasing your level of rational next time.
Appreciate 2
Sgop335657.00
Shane303120.50
      12-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #589
Sgop335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92, 08 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Pete View Post
I`m running a mhd stg2+, n54 fbo, inlets, outlets.

How does this log look?

http://www.datazap.me/u/335pete/log-...17-22-23-24-25
Notice how both fuel banks are not hitting 234.95, at zero pedal? > leaky injectors.
Also some high timing correction and stock ic?
      12-24-2016, 11:16 AM   #590
335Pete
Rep
Drives: `10-335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgop335 View Post

Notice how both fuel banks are not hitting 234.95, at zero pedal? > leaky injectors.
Could they be leaking and show no other symptoms, car runs perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgop335 View Post
Also some high timing correction and stock ic?
I`m running a vrsf 5"
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 05:49 PM   #591
Banana Clipper
Jewel Runner
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
What he said.

lol dude, in it's current state your car is a disaster and all you're interested in hearing about the is the health of your HPFP?

Instead of callously disavowing information that's actually way more imperative than your initial requisition, try increasing your level of rational next time.
I'm confused, is this directed at me?

Please, enlighten me, how is my car a 'disaster'?

www.BHANANA.com
2009 335i - SOLD
2021 M340i - GONE
2024 iX - Yea, she fast
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 08:00 PM   #592
JM98
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
I'm confused, is this directed at me?

Please, enlighten me, how is my car a 'disaster'?
He's probably referencing your overboost problem and massive timing corrections
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 09:05 PM   #593
Banana Clipper
Jewel Runner
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM98 View Post
He's probably referencing your overboost problem and massive timing corrections
Then 'He' doesn't understand the question regarding the HPFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane303 View Post
This is a small piece of a much larger log and I'm only interested in input regarding the HPFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
What he said.

The car is fine and I didnt ask about the 'health' of my HPFP or your assumption of the health of my car. I asked what safe operating parameters are for the HPFP when going WOT but I guess I didnt make it obvious enough for you. I guess I should have highlighted this part:
I dont need advice on the other parameters. I just want opinions on the HPFP really

You should spend more time understanding request/questions you're replying to rather than jumping the gun and spouting off at the mouth trying to make someone look bad when you don't fully understand the situation.

You can speak as eloquent as you like. It only makes you come off like a pretentious ass but I guess most people on this board know that already. Congrats!

www.BHANANA.com
2009 335i - SOLD
2021 M340i - GONE
2024 iX - Yea, she fast
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 09:26 PM   #594
JM98
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Then 'He' doesn't understand the question regarding the HPFP.

This is a small piece of a much larger log and I'm only interested in input regarding the HPFP

The car is fine and I didnt ask about the 'health' of my HPFP or your assumption of the health of my car. I asked what safe operating parameters are for the HPFP when going WOT but I guess I didnt make it obvious enough for you. I guess I should have highlighted this part:
I dont need advice on the other parameters. I just want opinions on the HPFP really

You should spend more time understanding request/questions you're replying to rather than jumping the gun and spouting off at the mouth trying to make someone look bad when you don't fully understand the situation.

You can speak as eloquent as you like. It only makes you come off like a pretentious ass but I guess most people on this board know that already. Congrats!
Why are you bitching on people trying to help you out? Your data log looks like dog shit, what do you expect? Your HPFP looks fine, the rest is not. Is that better?
Appreciate 1