E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MHD "take a look at my log" thread

12-24-2016, 09:49 PM   #595
Banana Clipper
Jewel Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01///G20///I20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM98 View Post
Why are you bitching on people trying to help you out? Your data log looks like dog shit, what do you expect? Your HPFP looks fine, the rest is not. Is that better?
What did I complain about?

I'm at fault because people don't know how to read?

I stated, what I felt like, is the obvious. The response was off topic and the respondent was incorrect in his assumptions regarding my cars health. See above quoted in red, thats all I needed.

I rarely come on this board any more because simple ass request always turn into a fucking debate about how big someones dick is.

This is NOT a typical 3rd gear log. I did NOT ask anyone to review my log and tell me how 'clean' it was/wasnt. I did not come here complaining about my car. This was a log of me TRYING to make the LPFP and/or HPFP fail under driving circumstances I believed would cause this to happen. If it would make you happy I can go pull a proper log to help you and your friend sleep better at night.

Let me make this REALLY simple for the High School drop outs.

WHAT IS THE NORMAL OPERATING PSI OF THE HPFP DURING WIDE OPEN THROTTLE? From first gear all the way through 6th gear on a full bolt on car running a Stg2 LPFP and an E60 tune?

Is my question clear?

www.BHANANA.com
2009 335i - SOLD
2021 M340i - GONE
2024 iX - Yea, she fast
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #596
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Clipper View Post

WHAT IS THE NORMAL OPERATING PSI OF THE HPFP DURING WIDE OPEN THROTTLE? From first gear all the way through 6th gear on a full bolt on car running a Stg2 LPFP and an E60 tune?

Is my question clear?
lol After looking at that log, you need all the help you can get. Your initial request is insatiable; it's the equivalent of going to the doctor because youre worried about a sore ankle and being like "don't pay attention to the gaping wound in my leg; not interested in being educated on flesh eating bacteria today."

As to your question, even us "high school dropouts" can use the search button; since you can't, the answer is anything under 1500 psi is bad news.

As for your real issues; good luck with all that.
Appreciate 2
Shane303120.50
bpdef2990.00
      12-25-2016, 10:26 AM   #597
JM98
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
As for your real issues; good luck with all that.
Lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 03:31 PM   #598
otoon
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i

Recent log I took.

Ride is a 2008 n54 E92.

Current mods:
Wagner FMIC
BMS DCI
Catless DPs
AHP chargepipe
Forge DVs
93 oct
Running v6 stage 2+

I'm in the tropics, 90F, 80% humidity.

Appreciate if someone could help take a look and feedback any possible improvements I can make.

http://www.datazap.me/u/toonee/22dec?log=0&data=3-24

Thanks

Last edited by otoon; 12-25-2016 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 12:44 PM   #599
Shane303
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
What did I complain about?

I'm at fault because people don't know how to read?

I stated, what I felt like, is the obvious. The response was off topic and the respondent was incorrect in his assumptions regarding my cars health. See above quoted in red, thats all I needed.

I rarely come on this board any more because simple ass request always turn into a fucking debate about how big someones dick is.

This is NOT a typical 3rd gear log. I did NOT ask anyone to review my log and tell me how 'clean' it was/wasnt. I did not come here complaining about my car. This was a log of me TRYING to make the LPFP and/or HPFP fail under driving circumstances I believed would cause this to happen. If it would make you happy I can go pull a proper log to help you and your friend sleep better at night.

Is my question clear?
Most of the time I log into this forum, there is a post from you asking about this or that. YOUR CAR IS NOT RUNNING CORRECTLY. Every log you post has problems! Stop trying to push your car for the best engine output power and do some maintenance/upgrades to ensure it is making power safely.

Coming in here and trying to insult us will definitely cause problems. The post you created has skewed data in order to have a question answered. Congratulations, you are now a U.S politician!
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #600
Shane303
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by otoon View Post
Recent log I took.

Ride is a 2008 n54 E92.

Current mods:
Wagner FMIC
BMS DCI
Catless DPs
AHP chargepipe
Forge DVs
93 oct
Running v6 stage 2+

I'm in the tropics, 90F, 80% humidity.

Appreciate if someone could help take a look and feedback any possible improvements I can make.

http://www.datazap.me/u/toonee/22dec?log=0&data=3-24

Thanks
Looks like your fuel system needs attention. Low pressure fuel pump and high pressure fuel pump output is very low. I would replace your low pressure pump and log to make sure the high pressure pump is not on its way out as well. Any codes?
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2016, 01:25 PM   #601
Dekansnowman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan Space Grey

http://www.datazap.me/u/dekansnowman...og=0&data=3-11

Couldn't get a full RPM run because once I get higher in RPMs, I get the codes shown in the picture. Just curious if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 06:15 PM   #602
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnhogue7 View Post
Thank you for taking a peak at where I'm currently at! Have a brand new front mount in the trunk ready to install, only a cxracing but it will to the job for now. And to my knowledge after the fmic I will be FBO?

Mods
-vrsf catless downpipes
-BMW performance Axleback
-vrsf charge pipe w/hks blow off
-BMS dual cone intakes
-ngk 5992 1 step colder plugs
-Delphi coils

I did recently replace 1 injector bc it was leaking. Before I spent $1000 on 3-6 new injectors I purchased a refurb index 4 injector but did not get it coded. People on here say you won't even notice a diff if they are the same index but I'd say it wouldn't hurt to get it done? Does anyone know how much bmw charges?
Anyone have input on my last post evading re calibrating injector?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 07:51 PM   #603
otoon
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane303 View Post
Looks like your fuel system needs attention. Low pressure fuel pump and high pressure fuel pump output is very low. I would replace your low pressure pump and log to make sure the high pressure pump is not on its way out as well. Any codes?
Thanks. No codes currently. Are there any other symptoms that will indicate an imminent LPFP failure?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 10:28 PM   #604
Banana Clipper
Jewel Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01///G20///I20

Quote:
the answer is anything under 1500 psi is bad news
THANK you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane303 View Post
Most of the time I log into this forum, there is a post from you asking about this or that. YOUR CAR IS NOT RUNNING CORRECTLY. Every log you post has problems! Stop trying to push your car for the best engine output power and do some maintenance/upgrades to ensure it is making power safely.

Coming in here and trying to insult us will definitely cause problems. The post you created has skewed data in order to have a question answered. Congratulations, you are now a U.S politician!
Shane303 you're an idiot, please, I barely even log into this board outside of this past holiday week. Stop trying to piggy back Fcobra. This isnt Black Mirror. Here are ALL my post for anyone thats interested in the truth regarding ANY of my post: http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...rchid=48693701

Kinda pathetic. I'll be sure not to post questions or any further responses here so that I'm not adding to the distractions of people that actually need help and keep running my broken ass dog shit of a car at the drag strip and back and forth to work and home everyday... but yeah, my shit has major issues.... its not fast enough.

www.BHANANA.com
2009 335i - SOLD
2021 M340i - GONE
2024 iX - Yea, she fast
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 10:42 AM   #605
Shane303
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
THANK you!

Shane303 you're an idiot, please, I barely even log into this board outside of this past holiday week. Stop trying to piggy back Fcobra. This isnt Black Mirror. Here are ALL my post for anyone thats interested in the truth regarding ANY of my post: http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...rchid=48693701

Kinda pathetic. I'll be sure not to post questions or any further responses here so that I'm not adding to the distractions of people that actually need help and keep running my broken ass dog shit of a car at the drag strip and back and forth to work and home everyday... but yeah, my shit has major issues.... its not fast enough.
Obviously...
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 10:48 AM   #606
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

lol

Extra points for using the correct version of "you're"
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 11:21 PM   #607
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Hello everyone.

Could you give me some advice on my log?

2007 e90 335i
99,000 miles
MHD Stage 1 - 93oct / 98ron
OEM except: VRSF charge pipe (stock oem diverter valves)

http://www.datazap.me/u/fatjoez/07-e...og=0&data=3-22
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #608
langsbr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoez View Post
Hello everyone.

Could you give me some advice on my log?

2007 e90 335i
99,000 miles
MHD Stage 1 - 93oct / 98ron
OEM except: VRSF charge pipe (stock oem diverter valves)

http://www.datazap.me/u/fatjoez/07-e...og=0&data=3-22
I'm a total noob on this platform, so I'm only doing this to learn

What I see - you're an auto, and it looks like your log is part of second with a shift to 3rd? I think the consensus is that you want a full pull from 2500 - 6xxx with no shift. Not sure how to do that in an auto, I never learned how to drive one .

It looks like you 'might' have too much timing correction going on? I know conservative would be none, but this platform is new to me and I've heard some say you can have up to 3*. Your cyl 4 is getting 5*, and other cylinders are getting some as well. Looks like only cylinder 2 is clean.

The part I don't know about, if it's good/bad/indifferent is boost vs target. It looks like the boost is about .5 psi below the target at a minimum. Again, I don't know if that's bad, but I would think the more difference between target and actual, the more indicative of an issue, and early in the run there's a few psi difference. I'm sure some of the more advanced guys will chime in on that.

99K miles - how long since plugs, coils, etc? I'm learning that these are now 'maintenance items' lol. Coming from a Honda I never replaced those!

Did you just buy the car? Know the maintenance history, etc?
Appreciate 1
fatjoez230.50
      12-30-2016, 03:21 PM   #609
langsbr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Baseline eval

Looking for a baseline eval of my car before I start changing things.

07 E90 6MT
catless downpipes
FMIC
single mass flywheel w/spec clutch
custom tune

I am getting a random P0174 (only had a generic OBDII reader before I cleared it, will check with the DCAN when it happens again), along with some steady state, or very light throttle, misfires/hesitations. WOT is fine.

Here's a 3rd gear log:

http://datazap.me/u/langsbr/langsbr1...ta=2-3-6-21-25

My impressions: It appears to be a fairly conservative tune, but I don't know the timing these things like, plus seeing lots of Exx logs the timing is vastly different.

I question the 2000 - 2500 range- is that merely spool where it's targeting 13psi and getting none, or is that indicative of an issue? Also from 5000 rpm to redline, the target is above the actual boost. This car has a stock charge pipe and diverters - could they be leaking?

Anyone see anything else of concern? I hear people refer to the HPFP - is that the "rail pressure", or did I not log the right thing? If it's rail pressure, I presume I should be ok for now? The LPFP drops mid run - is that just because boost is tapering?

I have the following maintenance items planned:

walnut blast
new plugs - NGKs 95770 @ .022
new Eldor coils
new metal charge pipe & Tial BOV

I'm also really tempted to get some MMP inlets & outlets since it is still running stock filters.

I have E85 available to me, and I plan to use a mix- my understanding is the amount I can use on a stock pump is dependent on the tune and health of the HPFP - correct? Maybe E25, maybe E40? I plan on getting a stage 2 or 3 LPFP in the next few months, just got to let parts stop coming in for a while so the wife doesn't get suspect.

Thanks all! These forums have been amazingly educational in just the past few days and I look forward to learning and hopefully contributing in the future!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 10:27 PM   #610
idk1001
Rep

Hello all,

I would appreciate any feedback on my datalog. The obvious thing I see is that I am not hitting boost target (Occasionally I do get a 30FF code, still haven't found a leak though). I see lpfp staying above 50psi and hpfp above 1500psi(those #'s I see mentioned here from searching). Anything else, timing, lambda? Thx.

http://www.datazap.me/u/idk0001/log-...og=0&data=3-24

'08 E93 N54
~55,000 miles
MHD E40 map
-Downpipes,intercooler,charge pipe w/ tial bov, dci, Fuel-it Stage 2 lpfp, recent walnut blast, new plugs and pre-cat 02 sensors.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 11:49 PM   #611
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk1001 View Post
Hello all,

I would appreciate any feedback on my datalog. The obvious thing I see is that I am not hitting boost target (Occasionally I do get a 30FF code, still haven't found a leak though). I see lpfp staying above 50psi and hpfp above 1500psi(those #'s I see mentioned here from searching). Anything else, timing, lambda? Thx.

http://www.datazap.me/u/idk0001/log-...og=0&data=3-24

'08 E93 N54
~55,000 miles
MHD E40 map
-Downpipes,intercooler,charge pipe w/ tial bov, dci, Fuel-it Stage 2 lpfp, recent walnut blast, new plugs and pre-cat 02 sensors.
If you can't find a leak and all your vacuum hoses look good, I'd swap out the wastegate solenoids and see if that makes a difference.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 08:38 AM   #612
RCOLEMAN545
Liberty or Death
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
If you can't find a leak and all your vacuum hoses look good, I'd swap out the wastegate solenoids and see if that makes a difference.
+1. My logs looked very similar, before replacing my lazy boost solenoids.

2007 E90 BMW 335i - Sold
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2016, 12:04 PM   #613
idk1001
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCOLEMAN545 View Post
+1. My logs looked very similar, before replacing my lazy boost solenoids.
Thanks!! I will look into replacing them.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 05:09 PM   #614
Sgop335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92, 08 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by langsbr View Post
Looking for a baseline eval of my car before I start changing things.

07 E90 6MT
catless downpipes
FMIC
single mass flywheel w/spec clutch
custom tune

I am getting a random P0174 (only had a generic OBDII reader before I cleared it, will check with the DCAN when it happens again), along with some steady state, or very light throttle, misfires/hesitations. WOT is fine.

Here's a 3rd gear log:

http://datazap.me/u/langsbr/langsbr1...ta=2-3-6-21-25

My impressions: It appears to be a fairly conservative tune, but I don't know the timing these things like, plus seeing lots of Exx logs the timing is vastly different.

I question the 2000 - 2500 range- is that merely spool where it's targeting 13psi and getting none, or is that indicative of an issue? Also from 5000 rpm to redline, the target is above the actual boost. This car has a stock charge pipe and diverters - could they be leaking?

Anyone see anything else of concern? I hear people refer to the HPFP - is that the "rail pressure", or did I not log the right thing? If it's rail pressure, I presume I should be ok for now? The LPFP drops mid run - is that just because boost is tapering?

I have the following maintenance items planned:

walnut blast
new plugs - NGKs 95770 @ .022
new Eldor coils
new metal charge pipe & Tial BOV

I'm also really tempted to get some MMP inlets & outlets since it is still running stock filters.

I have E85 available to me, and I plan to use a mix- my understanding is the amount I can use on a stock pump is dependent on the tune and health of the HPFP - correct? Maybe E25, maybe E40? I plan on getting a stage 2 or 3 LPFP in the next few months, just got to let parts stop coming in for a while so the wife doesn't get suspect.

Thanks all! These forums have been amazingly educational in just the past few days and I look forward to learning and
What octane? Tune running on the richer side. Timing is low. High boost but low timing. Thats pretty much the theme of ots maps (low ethanol) as well.
Lpfp getting low, could be connected to rich.

What custom tune? Your wgdc is limite to 65, resulting in slow spool from 2000.
      12-31-2016, 07:15 PM   #615
langsbr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgop335 View Post
What octane? Tune running on the richer side. Timing is low. High boost but low timing. Thats pretty much the theme of ots maps (low ethanol) as well.
Lpfp getting low, could be connected to rich.

What custom tune? Your wgdc is limite to 65, resulting in slow spool from 2000.
Sorry, should have listed - 93 only right now. I wasn't sure if it could tolerate more timing on 93. I was told it was tuned by Doug Wilks @ DBW in Atlanta.

I was wondering about the slow spool from 2000, it's like it has nothing, then spikes at 2500. Other than that, the car runs great except for a misfire that occurs randomly and intermittently at low load, low rpms. I've gotten a P0174 and P2298 code twice now, so I'm thinking O2 sensors.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 02:24 PM   #616
Dekansnowman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan Space Grey

http://www.datazap.me/u/dekansnowman...og=0&data=3-18

Just got Stage 2 LPFP from Boost Concepts. Have a a few other logs, but this was a good and solid 1-3 pull.
PURE Stage 2 w/Inlet | Full E85 | Wedge Tuned | Alpina TCU | BMS Intake | Wagner 6" FMIC | VRSF Chargepipe | VRSF Downpipe | Boost Concepts Stage 2 LPFP | Fuel-It TBI | AEM Meth/Water | MFactory LSD | ST Coilovers | GFB DV Valve | N20 MAP
Appreciate 0