E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Koni FSD on 335is

03-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #45
Mistajay
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

I use Koni sport for arround 4-5 years.

I use them with H&R i use them with coilover conversion from ground control.

I change the rear one time on warranty i change the front one time also on warranty.

I sold it 2 week ago and the front are already dead.

They rust a lot they are just cheap.

I install KW V3 and the difference it's just unbelivable. Koni was working great on miata and Honda car but on bmw it's just cheap crap stuff.

But the warranty process was good all the time but they are not fast to refund the credit card....
Appreciate 2
feuer4282.50
      04-01-2018, 08:21 PM   #46
Shon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

I have Koni FSD on my 335 with msports suspension and Hankook V12. Also had them on e46 330 with H&R springs. Great improvement over stock ride quality and handling on both cars. I prefer medium stiffness but better ride quality. You'll like it.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 04:55 PM   #47
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by edf8fde View Post
I'm hoping I didn't order these for no reason. Does anyone know if Koni FSd 2100-4036 struts will work on a 2012 335is? Some people say the suspension was different than a 335i with sport.
i had koni fsd's for my 08 335xi in NY at about 105k miles. I just removed them at 145k miles now that i am in cali. Koni FSD's are pure garbage. Just get bilstein B8's and call it a day!
Appreciate 2
jwong77409.00
      04-09-2018, 09:09 AM   #48
boosthead
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 328ix

I ordered a set of FSD's since they we're on sale at the rack and my order was canceled because they're discontinued. I contacted a couple of shops that indicated they have them in stock and ordered from there. I received notification that they would ship about a week later. After a week, I received notification that they'd ship in May. At that point I contacted Koni to find out if they're available or not.

Koni said:
"The new generation of FSD Technology which is set to release and be available the end of April, early May and is known as our new Active product line with FSD technology. The newer generation of the FSD feature and function remains the same, in filtering road harshness, and high frequency shock input of overall improved road handling and ride comfort. The most noticeable change that will come with the new Active line will be that the struts and shock will now be painted Red instead of the FSD gold color, as a homage to the original KONI Special shocks. The struts and shocks will also become available for purchase individually or as front/rear pairs, instead of only as a fully kit of four. "

After much back and forth on whether the change is purely cosmetic and rebranding, I'm still not clear. I specifically asked whether the valving is the same or if there were modifications and the response was, "The valving does not change and they shocks will perform just as the FSD did. The Active line in a new generation of the FSD with improvements and refinements developed over time, as we have done a tremendous amount of work with OE Car manufacture (mostly in Europe) for the progression of the technology.". Not sure what those improvements are.

Bottom line, the FSD appears to be out of stock. Even the vendors saying they have stock on their websites have indicated they don't once questioned further. I guess we'll see if there are tangible improvements or if it's purely a branding reboot.
Appreciate 2
edf8fde21.50
      04-09-2018, 11:04 PM   #49
edf8fde
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosthead View Post
I ordered a set of FSD's since they we're on sale at the rack and my order was canceled because they're discontinued. I contacted a couple of shops that indicated they have them in stock and ordered from there. I received notification that they would ship about a week later. After a week, I received notification that they'd ship in May. At that point I contacted Koni to find out if they're available or not.

Koni said:
"The new generation of FSD Technology which is set to release and be available the end of April, early May and is known as our new Active product line with FSD technology. The newer generation of the FSD feature and function remains the same, in filtering road harshness, and high frequency shock input of overall improved road handling and ride comfort. The most noticeable change that will come with the new Active line will be that the struts and shock will now be painted Red instead of the FSD gold color, as a homage to the original KONI Special shocks. The struts and shocks will also become available for purchase individually or as front/rear pairs, instead of only as a fully kit of four. "

After much back and forth on whether the change is purely cosmetic and rebranding, I'm still not clear. I specifically asked whether the valving is the same or if there were modifications and the response was, "The valving does not change and they shocks will perform just as the FSD did. The Active line in a new generation of the FSD with improvements and refinements developed over time, as we have done a tremendous amount of work with OE Car manufacture (mostly in Europe) for the progression of the technology.". Not sure what those improvements are.

Bottom line, the FSD appears to be out of stock. Even the vendors saying they have stock on their websites have indicated they don't once questioned further. I guess we'll see if there are tangible improvements or if it's purely a branding reboot.
Damn, just ordered the fsd about a month ago. I do like the classy gold over red though. Sounds like they will perform 99% the same, will be interesting to see what the difference is once they get on the road.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 06:40 PM   #50
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosthead View Post

Koni said:

I wonder if I can send mine back to Koni for a replacement? That way I can have a new set and sell it to someone else who really wants it.
Appreciate 0